Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ending of Bengals @ Ravens

JCPatriot

7 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Okay.... I didn't see this game.  Can someone fill me in on what happened?

Took an intentional safety.   Not just that,   The lineman were holding and tackling the defenders so the punter could hold onto the ball until time ran out.     They were up 4 or 5 with 11 seconds left.    Pretty good idea.  I've seen similar things in the past

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Took an intentional safety.   Not just that,   The lineman were holding and tackling the defenders so the punter could hold onto the ball until time ran out.     They were up 4 or 5 with 11 seconds left.    Pretty good idea.  I've seen similar things in the past

It actually makes sense.........in the pros. 

..a similar thing happened in Illinois high schools...where one team that was ahead by 3 (Fenwick) had their QB intentionally ground the ball with 4 seconds left running out the clock.

'

the refs gave the other team an untimed down (Incorrectly as it turned out) and they came back and won.

But it was the wrong call.....the game can end on an offensive penalty

3 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I wonder if Harbaugh called Belichick, as this was a dirty and sneaky trick. Belichick schooled Harbaugh on those formations, that is for sure. Belichick is the " Oracle " and absolute master of dirty tricks. He makes Nixon look like an amateur. 

So knowing the rules and what is legal and allowed is now cheating? Wow here I was thinking that's called being a coach and doing what it takes to win. (Is the diffeeent formations is hardly odd it was done numerous times in college) I guess Miami OC was a cheater to by introducing the wildcat..  (eye roll)

7 hours ago, JimJaime said:

So knowing the rules and what is legal and allowed is now cheating? Wow here I was thinking that's called being a coach and doing what it takes to win. (Is the diffeeent formations is hardly odd it was done numerous times in college) I guess Miami OC was a cheater to by introducing the wildcat..  (eye roll)

Notice I didn't say cheating, just dirty tricks. Kind of a left handed compliment to Belichick. He never misses a trick !