Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Manning Scenario

Smonroe

I just thought I'd throw this in for discussion. Sorry if it's already been brought up.

Here's my thoughts on how it will go down:

March 8th - It will be announced that Peyton failed his physical. Irsay will offer him a front office job with the team, with a very high salary.

Peyton will turn down the offer. He'll then find another team that will sign him (Miami/SF), knowing that he may or may not play in 12.

This isn't what I want - I want him to pass his physical, get his bonus, and retire with the team after two great seasons. My second choice is that he retires and stays with the team in some capacity.

We can't know how his recovery is going. They have doctors for that. Wouldn't you hope that he would follow their advice?

First of all, I'm not making a prediction, I didn't mean it to come off like that. To answer your question, yes, I'd hope he'd follow their advice. But if their advice is that he needs to give it more time, and he may still be able to play... You don't really expect the Colts to wait for him, right?

See my point?

First of all, I'm not making a prediction, I didn't mean it to come off like that. To answer your question, yes, I'd hope he'd follow their advice. But if their advice is that he needs to give it more time, and he may still be able to play... You don't really expect the Colts to wait for him, right?

See my point?

I don't expect the Colts to wait for him. You prefaced your non-prediction with: "Here's my thoughts on how it will go down:", do you see why I may have taken it as a prediction?

If I were Peyton, I would listen carefully to what the most pessimistic doctors say. He's got a young family, he doesn't need more money. Competitive fires and all that are great. But there are plenty of retired NFL players who live with serious physical limitations. Nobody wants to see that happen to #18.

I don't expect the Colts to wait for him. You prefaced your non-prediction with: "Here's my thoughts on how it will go down:", do you see why I may have taken it as a prediction?

If I were Peyton, I would listen carefully to what the most pessimistic doctors say. He's got a young family, he doesn't need more money. Competitive fires and all that are great. But there are plenty of retired NFL players who live with serious physical limitations. Nobody wants to see that happen to #18.

Agree. I didn't word it very well, I didn't mean it as a prediction, just a scenario for discussion. As you can see at the end of my post it's not one of my choices for an outcome.

The gist of my scenario is that if he doesn't pass the physical for the Colts, another team may sign him in hopes that he's healthy enough to play in the future. I'd hate to see him in any other uniform.

Smitto said these scenarios are pointless, but isn't that the point of this board in the off season - to discuss our feelings as Colts fans?

all these peyton manning scenarios are pointless, so many of them.. peyton either stays on this team or is cut thats it... we just gotta wait and find out.

As much as yourpoint makes complete and total sense, i'm one of these what if guys. I would hope that if he is physically un ble to play this year that they retain him for guidence and moral. I see our defense getting ready to have some huge changes just thinking it would be nice to have a some wisdom and leadership left around here

As much as yourpoint makes complete and total sense, i'm one of these what if guys. I would hope that if he is physically un ble to play this year that they retain him for guidence and moral. I see our defense getting ready to have some huge changes just thinking it would be nice to have a some wisdom and leadership left around here

Im guessing you mean hopefully he is able to play... i think if manning is able to play and is kept then that to me that means Luck will not come to the colts.. it wasnt just like a month ago ppl were wondering if peyton was gonna get cleard to practice now ppl are wondering if he's ever gonna be healthy enough.

To me the question is not if, its when he gets healthy and he will... dont think he will be on the team when that happens though.