Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it over?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

22 hours ago, krunk said:

Somebody could have made that same statement about Kansas City last year when they were 1-5.  Let's play the games.

I understand there is a chance.  

I'll give my answer as if I'm betting $10,000 on it.

They won't make the playoffs.  

Somebody could have made that same statement about Kansas City last year when they were 1-5.  Let's play the games.

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

I am not sure I would bet either way with the way Brock Osweiler plays. Houston could easily lose 3 or 4 games and if we beat them as well then we will probably squeeze in. We will know more after Sunday. If we cant beat Tennessee at home then we don't deserve to get in IMO.

13 minutes ago, Myles said:

Would you bet real money that the Colts will make the playoffs?

Significant money of course.  

I know you quoted Krunk but I wouldn't bet that they will make it, but I wouldn't bet against it either. I am 50/50 at this point on the subject. Significant to me would be $500 or more and I just wouldn't want to bet either way.

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Would you bet real money that the Colts will make the playoffs?

Significant money of course.  

I dont bet money at all, but half of the le

ague has iffy chances right now. The Colts are not by themselves. There's a big lump of teams playing .500 or just under .500 like the NFC North. I think Houston has a great shot to lose at least 2 games in the next couple weeks starting with the Raiders. All of our games are winnable outside of maybe Pitt. If I were a betting man I'd bet on the Texans losing at least two games in the next 4 w

eeks.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know you quoted Krunk but I wouldn't bet that they will make it, but I wouldn't bet against it either. I am 50/50 at this point on the subject. Significant to me would be $500 or more and I just wouldn't want to bet either way.

To follow this up, if someone forced me to make a choice whether or not we will make it to the Playoffs I wouldn't have a problem betting $100 or so on it that we will. That is a friendly wager and not much money. I have faith in Luck and think Brock is Average at best but I would need help from other teams to beat Houston which is the bad thing.

23 hours ago, Myles said:

I think it is over.    Of course that could change.   After a quick look at the schedule, I see the most likely scenario for the Texans, Titans and Colts as:

Texans 10-6

Colts 9-7

Titans - 8-8

How did you come up with this result? For the Colts to be 9-7, they have to beat both the Texans and the Titans, otherwise they wont get to 9 wins. If the Colts beat the Titans, they either need to beat the Texans or wont get to 8-8, unless they beat either the Broncos or the Chiefs in Kansas. Unlikely. And if the Titans beat the Texans (as well as the Colts), the Texans would've to win it all, including the Raiders, Green Bay, Chargers, Bengals. I dont see it happen.

Imo, this year the winner of this division will have no more than 9 W-s, no matter which team will come up at the top.

6 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

How did you come up with this result? For the Colts to be 9-7, they have to beat both the Texans and the Titans, otherwise they wont get to 9 wins. If the Colts beat the Titans, they either need to beat the Texans or wont get to 8-8, unless they beat either the Broncos or the Chiefs in Kansas. Unlikely. And if the Titans beat the Texans (as well as the Colts), the Texans would've to win it all, including the Raiders, Green Bay, Chargers, Bengals. I dont see it happen.

Imo, this year the winner of this division will have no more than 9 W-s, no matter which team will come up at the top.

Neither the Colts nor the Texans has the Broncos or Chiefs left on their schedule.  Where do you get that part from?  Maybe I'm not understanding you right....

28 minutes ago, krunk said:

Neither the Colts nor the Texans has the Broncos or Chiefs left on their schedule.  Where do you get that part from?  Maybe I'm not understanding you right....

The Colts, the Titans and the Texans each have to play one more game with each other. If we assume that the Colts will finish with 9W, they need to win 5 games off of their remaining shedule. Considering that they play with the Steelers, Raiders (in Oakland), Jets (in NY), and Vikings (in Minn), its quite safe to say, that the Colts have to beat both the Texans and the Titans, because the remaining of the schedule is tough enough to collect those 2 losses.

Next, the Texans. They need 4 wins to get to 10 W-s. If they loose to the Colts (as we assumed above), they need to beat 4 other teams. They will beat the Jaguars, thats 1. They need 3 more victories against the Raiders, Chargers, Packers, Bengals or Titans. Even if they beat the the Titans, its still tough to go 2-2 against the other 4 teams, so we need to assume they will beat the Titans.

Now, Titans. For them to get to 8W, they need 3 more victories. If they loose to the Colts and Texans (as we assumed above), they need to win 3 games out of the Bears, Broncos, Chiefs, Jaguars schedule. They can beat the Bears and Jaguars, but I dont see them beating the Broncos even in Tennessee, and Kansas is a very tough place to steal a win from.

So, my point was, you somewhere predicted an unlikely win somewhere in the process, and I was curious, which game was that game.

1 minute ago, Peterk2011 said:

The Colts, the Titans and the Texans have left 1 game to play with each other. If we assume that the Colts finish with 9-7, they need to win 5 games off of their remaining shedule. Considering that they play with the Steelers, Raiders (in Oakland), Jets (in NY), and Vikings (in Minn), its quite safe to say, that the Colts have to beat both the Texans and the Titans, because the remaining of the schedule is tough enough to collect those 2 losses.

The Texans need 4 wins to get to 10 W-s. If they loose to the Colts (as we assumed above), they need to beat 4 other teams. They will beat the Jaguars, thats 1. They need 3 more victories against the Raiders, Chargers, Packers, Bengals or Titans. Even if they beat the the Titans, its still tough to go 2-2 against the other 4 teams, so we need to assume they will beat the Titans.

Now, Titans. For them to get to 8W, they need 3 more victories. If they loose to the Colts and Texans (as we assumed above), they need to win 3 games out of the Bears, Broncos, Chiefs, Jaguars schedule. They can beat the Bears and Jaguars, but I dont see them beating the Broncos even in Tennessee, and Kansas is a very tough place to steal a win from.

So either the Colts wont go 9-7 because they'll loose to one or more games to the Texans/Titans, or the Titans wont go 8-8, unless they beat the Texans ... in which case the Texans won't go 10-6.

So, all 3 (Texans winning 10, Colts winning 9 and Titans winning 8) wont happen at the same time. One or two of them will finish with a worse record than that. Hopefully, it wont be the Colts. And if it wont be the Colts (meaning, they'll beat both the Texans and Titans), I dont see the Texans to reach 10...

So you were talking about the Titans schedule with the Broncos and Chiefs commentary.   I see

Let's get this win and we are on a two game winning streak.  Confidence will be up from there and let's start building. Ramp up the intensity and the focus and who knows? I believe we have the tools to do it.  It's going to have to be led by the offense taking things to another level.