Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would Pagano Bring Hue Jackson In As Offensive Coordinator?

Restored

Clyde stays, Manning stays I think. We watched Irsay's plane for a couple weeks, I think it's time to watch CC's car. Christensen brings nothing to the table that couldn't be replaced without Manning. If CC remains here I get the sense that the Colts are letting Manning stay in his offense. Or are hoping, health permitting. I think that CC is still here is the single biggest lost fact on Kravitz, ESPN, NFLN, and everyone else who is saying PM is already out the door. It makes zero sense to me that CC would remain if the Colts weren't holding out some hope about Manning playing again.

Not only do I think its a possibility for him to bring in Jackson. I also see him going after many of the Ravens free agents such as Jarrett Johnson, Zbikowski, Sergio Kindle. I also believe Grigson will be looking into Eagles free agents that he recruited.

I think CC is gone maybe as soon as tomorrow. I don't get why he would stay only if Manning stays considering Manning IS the OC. I would atleast hope they bring in a guy like Clements to develop Luck and let Peyton do his thing if he's healthy. My guess is CC's days are numbered.

Hope not. If Clyde is gone, Manning is too.

Sorry, but IMO Manning is gone regardless. They are going to need every dime they save by cutting him to bring in some real talent for the D that Pagano will probably insist on. I don't think there is any way CC survives this, Pagano will want his own guys.

You can look at CC staying from two different directions.

1. Maybe he is staying because Peyton is coming back.

2. Who actually knows the Colts offense inside and out? Peyton, CC and Tom Moore. Since Moore is gone and Peyton might leave, then CC is the only one on the Colts staff with all the knowledge of how the offense works. You could easily just assume that Irsay wants CC to stay because he wants as much of the "Peyton Offense" incorporated into the "Luck Era" as possible to make a transition easier.

Sorry, but IMO Manning is gone regardless. They are going to need every dime they save by cutting him to bring in some real talent for the D that Pagano will probably insist on. I don't think there is any way CC survives this, Pagano will want his own guys.

He very well could be gone, but keeping Clyde here is a sign that Peyton staying is a possibility.

Unless Irsay isn't going to let Pagano have complete control his first year.

How do you know this? Letting a HC choose his own coordinators has nothing to do with "complete control". It's a courtesy the HC is afforded to put a staff around him he's comfortable with and knows he can work with.

You can look at CC staying from two different directions.

1. Maybe he is staying because Peyton is coming back.

2. Who actually knows the Colts offense inside and out? Peyton, CC and Tom Moore. Since Moore is gone and Peyton might leave,

If Peyton leaves it's probably wise to have a new offense. Don't make the mistake of thinking someone is going to ever match Peyton's mastery of a system built for him by Moore.

How do you know this? Letting a HC choose his own coordinators has nothing to do with "complete control". It's a courtesy the HC is afforded to put a staff around him he's comfortable with and knows he can work with.

I didn't say I knew. I was just speculating. Who knows maybe Irsay would rather someone he likes.

If Peyton leaves it's probably wise to have a new offense. Don't make the mistake of thinking someone is going to ever match Peyton's mastery of a system built for him by Moore.

haha. I wouldn't dream of it, but I still think it would be smart to keep the same OC around. Maybe Luck could learn a few things.

I think it would be wise to bring Hue Jackson in, if only for right now, to be the QB Coach. If Peyton comes back, CC stays on as the OC, but Jackson works with Luck. If Peyton doesn't come back, then CC is released and Jackson becomes OC. Either way, Hue Jackson is in the fold.