Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jimmy Garrapolo

oldunclemark

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Houston wins to get to 3-0. I still don't think Brock is all that good but it doesn't matter because he's better than what you had and you guys have a Good all-around team. In order for the Colts to win the Division they will have to sweep the Division/sweep Houston or it's yours again is how I see it. I think if the Colts beat the Chargers they will get to 3-2 heading into the matchup at Houston. I think we beat the Jags and Bears. Anyway regarding Jimmy G, bad break for the Patriots eventhough Belichick has a knack of winning games without his best options. I don't see it here though, I say Texans win 20-19 in a thriller.

With our defense,  We will be lucky to sweep the titans

8 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

This morning BB indicated that Jimmy G might be a game time decision for Thursday's game.  I would be surprised if he can play this soon, he may dress to be an emergency back up.

If he is a game time decision then he might show up on the injury report as . . . wait for it . . . "Questionable: Right Shoulder"   :cheer2:.  

Too bad the NFL did away with the "Probable" classification.     

If the AC joint sprain is low grade, there is a chance Jimmy G could go on a game day decision, or maybe be backup like Big Ben was at a time last year (who came back in to win a game late, after suffering a shoulder injury earlier).  BB is playing it close to the chest.  Teams aren't required to publish results of med tests.  Docs run tests and give players treatment options.  Player decides.  Team supposed to honor player decision, not dictate the direction of treatment/recovery.  That's why BB said -

"I'm a football coach, not a doctor. The medical staff is the medical staff. I coach the team, the medical people handle the Injuries. They don't call plays, and I don't make medical decisions. And we have a great deal there... works out good."

And that he makes the best decision for the team.  Offers nothing more. 

http://www.patriots.com/video/2016/09/20/bill-belichick-920-lot-challenges-week

begins at 4:35.

AC joint separation of a left shoulder (maybe it was a LH QB?)

AC_Joint%20dislocation_zps2zd0qzik.jpg

Very low grades need ice, rest, and some analgesics.  We don't know anything about Jimmy G's diagnosis other than an AC Joint sprain right now.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If the AC joint sprain is low grade, there is a chance Jimmy G could go on a game day decision, or maybe be backup like Big Ben was at a time last year (who came back in to win a game late, after suffering a shoulder injury earlier).  BB is playing it close to the chest.  Teams aren't required to publish results of med tests.  Docs run tests and give players treatment options.  Player decides.  Team supposed to honor player decision, not dictate the direction of treatment/recovery.  That's why BB said -

"I'm a football coach, not a doctor. The medical staff is the medical staff. I coach the team, the medical people handle the Injuries. They don't call plays, and I don't make medical decisions. And we have a great deal there... works out good."

And that he makes the best decision for the team.  Offers nothing more. 

http://www.patriots.com/video/2016/09/20/bill-belichick-920-lot-challenges-week

begins at 4:35.

AC joint separation of a left shoulder (maybe it was a LH QB?)

AC_Joint%20dislocation_zps2zd0qzik.jpg

Very low grades need ice, rest, and some analgesics.  We don't know anything about Jimmy G's diagnosis other than an AC Joint sprain right now.

Thanks for the Xray and info.

Yes, BB is close to the vest, well as close as the rules will allow, so as to no disclose any information that might be helpful to the other side, and/or keep them guessing as to who will be playing etc.   On the other side of things BB preps his team by saying whoever is listed on the injury report, regardless of status, the pats team preps as if those opposing players are going to play, all of them. 

Also, BB is terse with the media so as to not give anything out that might stir up distractions for this team. 

From what I have been hearing Jimmy G.'s situation, there are no broken bones and hopefully just a sprained AC joint.  Hopefully he will be back on his feet so he can play one more game, the Buffalo game. 

Should be a fun game on Thursday regardless.   

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Very ignorant post actually.   What does his salary have to do with his injury?

Also,  when is that massive pats collapse supposed to happen?  They get Brady back in two weeks

lol the season is 2 weeks old,hold your horses. ...Colts,horses,get it ? lol 

wheres the ignorant part? the guy isnt even seriously injured.

what does his salary have to do with it?  I dont want to hear any crying for a guy who didnt break anything who gets paid absurd amounts of money for doing something as unimportant as throwing a ball around.

5 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

He hurt his shoulder, actually. And I don't care how much anyone makes, I still don't like to see other human beings in pain. 

if he is able to play thursday,he didnt actually hurt much of anything.

Wilson took the same sack/fall in the Rams game and nothing came of it.

if you were home and hurt yourself like that,your mom would still tell you take out the trash with the other arm.

no crying or 600,000 dollar paycheck for you. He got bruised in a football game,big deal.

what is wrong with this generation? people are bunch of crybabies over nothing.

7 hours ago, BertJones said:

if you were home and hurt yourself like that,your mom would still tell you take out the trash with the other arm.

no crying or 600,000 dollar paycheck for you. He got bruised in a football game,big deal.

No...no she wouldn't. And I can't tell if you're serious or trolling, but either way you're not entertaining. 

12 hours ago, BertJones said:

I take it you have never had a shoulder injury? 

7 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

No...no she wouldn't. And I can't tell if you're serious or trolling, but either way you're not entertaining. 

no trolling. I'm simply saying stuff you disagree with and dont like to hear.

its called kidding and being serious at the same time. People have been doing that for years,where you been lately?

Trolling is just another pc term for people who cant handle nuance in conversation.

if we were friends at a bar or where ever and I said that ,you wouldnt scream and cry like some great injustice happened. You would just laugh or disagree and move on.

The Patriots say he's a game time decision so it isnt that bad.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I take it you have never had a shoulder injury? 

everyone has had one.

what difference does that make when they say he's a game time decision ?

lol at this pc conversation. People acting like they need to grieve over some guys shoulder injury.

ok, I'm done commenting about the poor little rich kid

1 hour ago, BertJones said:

everyone has had one.

what difference does that make when they say he's a game time decision ?

lol at this pc conversation. People acting like they need to grieve over some guys shoulder injury.

ok, I'm done commenting about the poor little rich kid

Wow, sounds like you take this way too serious.

1 hour ago, BertJones said:

its called kidding and being serious at the same time. People have been doing that for years,where you been lately?

Trolling is just another pc term for people who cant handle nuance in conversation.

if we were friends at a bar or where ever and I said that ,you wouldnt scream and cry like some great injustice happened. You would just laugh or disagree and move on.

Well you aren't funny or nuanced, so you've already failed there. Also I have moved on after expressing my disagreement of your stance on the injury. It's you who is keeping this going. The Patriots say he is a game time decision but Brissett is still most likely to start. They won't turn to Jimmy unless they absolutely have to.

On 9/21/2016 at 4:22 PM, BertJones said:

On 9/21/2016 at 4:22 PM, BertJones said: