Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mark Sanchez to Dallas

PrincetonTiger

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Didn't take the Broncos long to admit they made a mistake by acquiring Mark.

He cant be that bad, can he??

It's amazing he got the Jets to 2 AFC Title Games in a row! That is a Very Good accomplishment but yes he is that bad. Rex Ryan should get Coach of the decade for getting those teams that far haha. It took Andrew everything he had to get us to 1 so far and we got killed at New England.

8 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Only in the NFL can a recycled useless and butt fumbler be out of a job for less than a few hours.

would be nice to have that kind of job security in the real world. 

As bad as Sanchez is.   He is still among the 40 best in the world at his craft.   

27 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Being successful in college and a flop in the pros is the same as a welterweight boxing champion moving up to heavyweight, it can never work.

So great college players never become great NFL players?   Pretty sure that is inaccurate.   And the boxing analogy doesn't make sense.

Also google Sam Langford.   He fought in all weight classes from light to heavy weight in his career and was very good

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The only way he plays is if Dak gets hurt.  

I don't know 'J'......rookie QBs can go bad quickly..

Isnt he going to be the only rookie QB starting next Sunday?  All the No.1 picks will hold the clipboard in week one..

I hope he can play well...looks like he can.......but I've been fooled by pre-season success before

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't know 'J'......rookie QBs can go bad quickly..

Isnt he going to be the only rookie QB starting next Sunday?  All the No.1 picks will hold the clipboard in week one..

I hope he can play well...looks like he can.......but I've been fooled by pre-season success before

I don't think sanchez would perform any better.   He may not even have the play book yet and he just got cut in favor of two qbs who have never played an nfl snap.  Plus Dak is far more mobile

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think sanchez would perform any better.   He may not even have the play book yet and he just got cut in favor of two qbs who have never played an nfl snap.  

That is truly amazing. The job was his to lose. He worked with the receivers before training camp.

But Elway looked at him actually play just 2 times (he didn't even play in the 3rd preseason game)

....and he said,  I cant go for that,. No can do. 

And if Dak comes out and plays well the first quarter of the season I'd be trading Romo to the Browns/Rams if Romo is ready to go before the trade deadline or I'm trading him in the offseason and get some more draft picks. If the Cowboys play this right and Dak plays well they could use the extra draft picks and parts of the rest of there draft in going a long ways in fixing up the defense. Both the Rams and the Browns would get a proven starter who is capable of elite production even though he is getting towards the end of his career and he could go a ways in helping Goff along with his understanding of coverages and how to prepare like a pro. For the Browns it would give Gordon a top QB throwing him the ball.

Do I think that will happen? No I expect Dak to sit when Romo is cleared but I'd trade Romo if all goes well with Dak

On September 4, 2016 at 10:23 AM, King Colt said:

Being successful in college and a flop in the pros is the same as a welterweight boxing champion moving up to heavyweight, it can never work.

Just stumbled across this gem.  None of that, and I mean literally NONE of that makes any sense at all.  Most successful pro players were also pretty good college players.  And your boxing analogy is simply awful.  

22 minutes ago, Gavin said:

And if Dak comes out and plays well the first quarter of the season I'd be trading Romo to the Browns/Rams if Romo is ready to go before the trade deadline or I'm trading him in the offseason and get some more draft picks. If the Cowboys play this right and Dak plays well they could use the extra draft picks and parts of the rest of there draft in going a long ways in fixing up the defense. Both the Rams and the Browns would get a proven starter who is capable of elite production even though he is getting towards the end of his career and he could go a ways in helping Goff along with his understanding of coverages and how to prepare like a pro. For the Browns it would give Gordon a top QB throwing him the ball.

Do I think that will happen? No I expect Dak to sit when Romo is cleared but I'd trade Romo if all goes well with Dak

What kind of trade market do you think there is for a heavily compensated, oft-injured, older quarterback?

Both teams you mentioned would have ZERO interest in trading for Romo.  

11 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

What kind of trade market do you think there is for a heavily compensated, oft-injured, older quarterback?

Both teams you mentioned would have ZERO interest in trading for Romo.  

Rams have a team that can win now with a QB that's ready. Browns can make some noise to with a good QB. We have all seen teams willing to mortgage there future to win now. Both franchises haven't won much of anything in a long time and if the Rams got Romo and won some games right out of the block that would establish more butts in the seats.

The Eagles traded for Bradford whos career had been summed up in injury to that point and he came with a big contract. Plus he missed the entire season prior to the trade. He was younger but much less established. Though when he did play he did show that he was capable of being a solid QB

2 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Rams have a team that can win now with a QB that's ready. Browns can make some noise to with a good QB. We have all seen teams willing to mortgage there future to win now. Both franchises haven't won much of anything in a long time and if the Rams got Romo and won some games right out of the block that would establish more butts in the seats.

The Eagles traded for Bradford whos career had been summed up in injury to that point and he came with a big contract. Plus he missed the entire season prior to the trade. He was younger but much less established. Though when he did play he did show that he was capable of being a solid QB

The Rams have already mortgaged their future with the Goff trade.  I highly doubt their willingness to offer up another decent draft pick for Romo, especially considering the factors previously mentioned.  Plus the Rams are a novelty in LA right now - plenty of butts already in seats.

The Browns are skewing younger, much younger.  Their money ball philosophy does not jive with adding old, expensive players and giving up commodities like a draft pick.  I think your argument also looses credibility by saying the Browns can make any noise this year.  They won't.  In fact I think they will be in play for Deshaun Watson next year, which is again counter to anything they would do with Romo this year.

Lastly, I am not sure using the Chip Kelly led Eagles to support your claim does any good for your argument.

Sorry Gavin - this hypothetical scenario you offered up ain't happening.

Mark Sanchez in Dallas seems fitting given how the Cowboys seem to either attract chaos or stumble in their own way. I did kinda feel bad for Dak Prescott who played well against the NY Giants. 

Leave it to an experienced WR in Williams who can't get out of bounds in time for a potential game winning FG. You seriously can't make this stuff up. haha Just when you think Dallas can't find new ways to screw up, they still do. 

Way to get a W in week 1 Eli. Proud of ya. Nice work Big Blue! 

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Mark Sanchez in Dallas seems fitting given how the Cowboys seem to either attract chaos or stumble in their own way. I did kinda feel bad for Dak Prescott who played well against the NY Giants. 

Leave it to an experienced WR in Williams who can't get out of bounds in time for a potential game winning FG. You seriously can't make this stuff up. haha Just when you think Dallas can't find new ways to screw up, they still do. 

Way to get a W in week 1 Eli. Proud of ya. Nice work Big Blue! 

They are an accident waiting to happen! Quoting Stephen A.. Once again WR doesn't get out of bounds haha and the Cowboys lose another close game by not playing smart!

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are an accident waiting to happen! Quoting Stephen A.. Once again WR doesn't get out of bounds haha and the Cowboys lose another close game by not playing smart!

Exactly brother. I keep yelling "OMG! These clowns are gonna run out of clock with nothing to show for it but humiliation & poor time management. Thanks again Jerry for not letting me down boys." :lol:

What's Romo's status?

Sanchez isn't 1 of the top 40 at his craft. He's just 1 of those quarterbacks who will always be "lucky" enough to be caught in the revolving door. 

I wonder what really would have happened first. Favre winning a ring in NY had he not hurt his shoulder or Favre winning a ring in MN had the Saints game not been a sham.