Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next Sunday Night: Colts vs. Packers on ESPN

King Colt

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The people who have left ESPN have left there because the company felt they weren't getting enough bang from their buck from them.     So, the company let them walk.     One of the few exception was Cowherd, who the company made a big offer to,  but they didn't match the Fox offer.

ESPN is trimming costs.   Probably nearly $100 Mill.    Their ratings are down, so they're trying to save money anyway they can.     

I just wanted to be clear,  people aren't walking away from ESPN.    ESPN is letting them leave.    Most who have left would've preferred to stay.   

You are right for the most part after looking at the whole picture but my main point is ESPN are the one's losing good people due too what ever they are doing LOL which isn't good like Mike Tirico and Skip Bayless, just changing jobs like Cowherd did. I am sure the 2 guys I mentioned were offered great deals but chose to leave. A lot of guys are retiring as well like Chris Berman and Tom Jackson and my guess is, to just get away from ESPN eventhough they would never admit it. The Berman thing is 50/50. I have heard he is and I have heard he isn't from different sources.

I thought this thread was gonna morph into witty responses over why the HOF game against the Packers got cancelled. I know the reason for it given was unsafe field conditions or paint chipping in the end zone etc. etc. I just expected a few funny reactions here I guess. 

Jim Irsay seemed pretty upset, which I was glad to see. I expect better professionalism from an NFL product & the League needs to offer fans in Canton more than a full refund for their troubles.

How about a $100 gift card for every ticket holder on their official website so they can buy something nice for themselves for their inconvenience? Seems reasonable to me. 

Off to find a HOF speech thread now hopefully somewhere...

On 7/27/2016 at 1:55 PM, Ja'Crispy said:

I'll be there!  This will be my first Colts road game...."road game."

did you end up going?  just curious if you, like many have reported, were not informed the game was cancelled while you were up in the stands .... or were the rumors and social media the news of the day?

5 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

did you end up going?  just curious if you, like many have reported, were not informed the game was cancelled while you were up in the stands .... or were the rumors and social media the news of the day?

I had been reading the tweets, but the crowd kept piling into the stadium. So I went to the gate and asked if the reports were wrong and we were told the game was delayed 1 hour, so I went in. The Jumbotron kept counting down to game time, no message about the game was being delivered to the fans. It was a giant mess.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:16 AM, Ja'Crispy said:

I had been reading the tweets, but the crowd kept piling into the stadium. So I went to the gate and asked if the reports were wrong and we were told the game was delayed 1 hour, so I went in. The Jumbotron kept counting down to game time, no message about the game was being delivered to the fans. It was a giant mess.

Geez.  Sorry to hear.  What a ridiculous, avoidable situation.  Hate to hear stories like this, really do.