Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sb 46 Will Be A Lose-Lose For Peyton Manning Fans.

Cain Marko

It's also worth pointing out that Brady accomplished all this in the elements - in the wind and ice and snow and frigid air of an exposed New England stadium. Manning played in a dome.

Again, i'm not disrespecting Manning. I just have to defend my guy when he's arguably the greatest quarterback in the history of the game, in a conversation with only Montana, with the potential to even surpass him this Superbowl.

The entire NFL has moved past this debate. The only people who still think Manning is better are Colts fans. That should tell you something.

Manning is great, one of the all time greats, but not the best.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, no, it doesn't come down to which one you like more.

NFL records

Wins

• Fewest starts to achieve 100 regular-season wins as a starter (131 starts)
  • Most wins with one head coach (124, Bill Belichick).[77]
  • Most consecutive wins, postseason: 10 (2001, 2003, 2004, 2005)
  • Most consecutive wins, regular season and postseason: 21 (2003–2004)
  • Most consecutive wins in regular-season home games: 31 (2006–2011)
  • Most seasons finishing 8–0 at home: 5 (2003, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2010)
  • Only quarterback to start and win 3 Super Bowls before his 28th birthday

Touchdowns

• Most passing touchdowns, regular season: 50 (2007)
  • Most passing touchdowns, regular season and postseason combined: 56 (2007)
  • Most touchdown passes, month: 20 (October 2007)
  • Most passing touchdowns, quarter: 5 (second quarter vs. Tennessee, October 18, 2009)
  • Largest touchdown to interception differential: +42 (2007)
  • Highest touchdown to interception ratio, season: 9.0 to 1 (36 TD/4 INT, 2010)
  • Highest touchdown pass–interception ratio, career: 2.52-1 (260 TD/103 INT)
  • Most games with 3+ touchdown passes, regular season: 12 (2007)
  • Most consecutive games with 5+ touchdown passes: 2 (2007) (tied with Daunte Culpepper)
  • Most consecutive games with 3+ touchdown passes: 10 (2007)
  • Most consecutive games with 2+ touchdown passes: 13 (tied with Peyton Manning)
  • Most consecutive games with 2+ touchdown passes and no interceptions: 9 (2010, October 24 – 2011, September 12)
  • Most games with 1 touchdown pass and no interceptions, season: 14 (2010)
  • Most games with 2 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season: 11 (2010)
  • Most games with 3 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season: 8 (2007)
  • Most games with 4 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season: 5 (2007)
  • Most games with 4 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career: 12 – tied with Brett Favre
  • Most games with 5 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season: 3 (2007)
  • Most games with 5 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career: 4 – tied with Peyton Manning
  • Most games with 6 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career 2 – tied with Peyton Manning

Completions

• Highest single-game completion percentage, postseason: 92.9% (vs. Jacksonville, January 12, 2008)[78]
  • Most completions in a Super Bowl: 32 - tied with Drew Brees (XXXVIII)
  • Most career Super Bowl completions: 100 (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLII)
  • Largest completion–interception ratio, season: 81.0-1 (324-4) (minimum 150 completions), 2010
  • Most games with 20 completions and no interceptions, season: 10 (2007)
  • Most games with 30 completions and no interceptions, career: 9 – tied with Drew Brees
  • Most games with 30 completions and no interceptions, season: 5 (2007)
  • Most games with 50 pass attempts and no interceptions, career: 3

Yards

• Largest passing yards–interception ratio, career: 337.3-1 (34,744-103) (minimum 20,000 passing yards)
  • Largest passing yards–interception ratio, season: 975.0-1 (3,900-4) (minimum 2,000 passing yards), 2010
  • Most games with 300 yards passing and no interceptions, season: 8 (2007)

Interception-free streaks and interception percentage

• Most consecutive pass attempts to start a career without an interception: 162 (2000–2001)
  • Most consecutive pass attempts without an interception, regular season: 358 (2010, October 24 – 2011, September 12)
  • Third-lowest interception percentage (interceptions per attempt), career: 2.19% (Aaron Rodgers ranks first @ 1.99%; Neil O'Donnell is second @ 2.11%)

Personal bests

Excluding the list of NFL records above:

21-game win streak statistics (including post-season)

• 690 passes attempted
  • 412 passes completed
  • 4,953 passing yards
  • 34 passing touchdowns
  • 13 passes intercepted
  • 20.29 passing attempts per touchdown
  • 53.07 passing attempts per interception
  • 59.71 completion rate
  • 90.3 passer rating

Career

• 124–35 (.780) (regular season), 138–40 (.775) (career) as a starter
  • 8–1 (career) in overtime games
  • 37–7 (career) vs. NFC teams
  • 33 game-winning drives after a Patriots' fourth-quarter tie or deficit[79]

Post-season records and statistics

• NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (broke record of Green Bay's Bart Starr).
  • Most consecutive post season wins (college and professional combined): 12
  • 3 Super Bowl victories
  • 2 Super Bowl MVP awards
  • Most completions in a Super Bowl (32 in Super Bowl XXXVIII)
  • Most career Super Bowl completions (100 in four games)
  • Highest completion percentage in a single game, minimum 20 attempts (26 of 28, 92.9%, against Jacksonville in 2007 AFC Divisional round)[80]
  • Most touchdowns passes in a playoff game(tied with Steve Young & Daryle Lamonica): 6, January 14, 2012
  • Most touchdowns passes in a playoff game half: 5, January 14, 2012

I'm not here to troll. I actually came to ask what your opinions were on Manning leaving. I'm wondering if Indianapolis will ever recover if the organization discards Manning like yesterday's garbage knowing that you're all so loyal to him. That's why I came. Then I saw this and just couldn't let it slide.

Manning is a great quarterback. Brady has proven himself better. Sorry it's just the clear objective truth

No, you're a Pats fan on a Colts board. All you can do is troll.

It's also worth pointing out that Brady accomplished all this in the elements - in the wind and ice and snow and frigid air of an exposed New England stadium. Manning played in a dome.

Again, i'm not disrespecting Manning. I just have to defend my guy when he's arguably the greatest quarterback in the history of the game, in a conversation with only Montana, with the potential to even surpass him this Superbowl.

The entire NFL has moved past this debate. The only people who still think Manning is better are Colts fans. That should tell you something.

Oh, but no disrespect huh.. leave it to a Pats fan to say an opinion is fact.

Your name says it all..

If that is truly the case, why do so many Patriot fans feel the need to jump onto a Colts forum and debate it? Why go out of your way to argue something as trivial (and already decided in your mind) as who the better quarterback is. All your arguments are proving is how great Peyton Manning is.

You show us lists upon lists of stats of how great Tom Brady is, and yet people still think Peyton Manning is a better quarterback. Your statistics are just proving how great Tom Brady is, but he will still never match Peyton Manning as far as how much he contributes for his team.

I would just like to point this out. Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady postseason stats through 18 games (Brady has played 19, the 19th being the pitiful one vs. BAL last week):

Total passing yards:

Manning 5,164

Brady 4,108

Touchdowns:

Manning 28

Brady 25

Yards per Attempt:

Manning 7.5

Brady 6.4

Completion %:

Manning 62.9

Brady 62.0

Passer rating:

Manning 87.6

Brady 85.5

Peyton Manning is better in the major passing statistical categories than Tom Brady is.

Wait didn't you just say in the post above this that his teamates have to catch the pass so if that's the case the single season TD record is a team acomplishment as well.

You are trying to twist arguements so what Manning did wasn't so great and that's what drives Colts fans crazy. By the same token Pats fans hate it just as much when Colts fans try to twist what Brady did and say oh he's not so great. I am at least willing to admit both are very good QBs and it comes down to personal choice. Are you willing to at least do the same? Because there is no set arguement here to judge this. It's personal choice and there is never going to be an end to this debate. Heck to some people Manning and Brady will be never be as good as Montana or Elway or whoever they like.

Pats fans strongest arguemnt for Brady is that he did it in the post season. Great he did he gets credit for that but that doesn't mean the rest of the season doesn't count.

Also there have been several times that Manning has played well in the playoffs and the Colts still lost not because of him. Both Chargers games and the most recent Jets game and even the Miami game early in his career come to mind.

Someone put this up on twitter the other day it's just worth looking at when people talk about how great Brady is in the playoffs.

Pats record in playoff games where Brady's QB rating was 75 or less

5-2

Colts record in playoff games where Manning's QB rating was 75 or less

2-4.

That tells me that the Pats do't need Brady to be great for the Pats to win in the playoffs and often times when the Brady doesn't play well the Pats still win in the post season. That's why you have be careful when looking at things like post season wins and Super Bowl wins. The team can still win those games when the QB doesn't play great. The Colts need Peyton Manning to play well to have a chance to win playoff games. That tells me what I've been saying for a while the Pats have had better teams than the Colts do.

Pats fans used to love to tell us when Brady went down for the season they went from a 16-0 team to an 11-5 team so he was worth five wins to their team. Well Manning went down and the Colts went from 10-6 to 2-14. By that logic Manning is worth eight wins to their team. So if you go by that then well Manning supports have a big feather in their cap.

You can twist numbers and acomplishments however you would like to support either QB. That's why I say both are great and it comes down to which ever one you like and while Super Bowls are apart of a legacy they are not this trump card Pats fans think they are.

Here's where your argument completely falls apart.

Colt fans like to claim that Brady couldn't do what Manning did.

That argument COMPLETELY died in 2007. What Brady has done since then is, in my opinion, more impressive.

He's thrown more TDs.

He's thrown less INTs.

He threw this season more yards than anyone else prior to this year in NFL history, and just barely beaten out by Brees this season.

Tom Brady has done things statistically that Peyton HAS NOT DONE. He's also led his team to a higher winning percentage, more playoff wins, etc.

Peyton's a great, great QB. It's just unfortunate for him that he's playing at a time when there's been a guy a bit better.

That argument COMPLETELY died in 2007. What Brady has done since then is, in my opinion, more impressive.

He's thrown more TDs.

He's thrown less INTs.

He threw this season more yards than anyone else prior to this year in NFL history, and just barely beaten out by Brees this season.

Tom Brady has done things statistically that Peyton HAS NOT DONE. He's also led his team to a higher winning percentage, more playoff wins, etc.

Peyton's a great, great QB. It's just unfortunate for him that he's playing at a time when there's been a guy a bit better.

Uh, no. Wrong.

He's thrown more TDs.

He's thrown less INTs.

He has done all of that playing for a coach who likes to run up stats on other teams and tries to get his players statistical records (see what he did with Gronkowski at the end of the year?). Peyton set his records while playing for the begining of a game, building up a ridiculous lead, and being taken out of the game as soon as it was decided. Tom Brady was still playing when they were up 30+ points against the Titans! What was there to prove at that point?

Peyton Manning still had the better year according to passer rating (a way to rate how good passers are? CONVENIENT ISN'T IT!). Brady has yet to beat that.

• Most seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards: 11 (1999–2004, 2006–2010)
  • Most consecutive seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards: 6 (1999–2004; tied with Drew Brees)
  • Most games with 40+ pass attempts in a season: 10 (2010)
  • Most consecutive seasons with at least 20 touchdown passes: 13 (1998–2010)
  • Most consecutive seasons with at least 25 touchdown passes: 13 (1998–2010)
  • Most games with a perfect passer rating, career: 4 (includes 1 playoff game)
  • Most consecutive games started to open a career: 208
  • Most consecutive games with at least 2 touchdown passes: 13 (games 1–13, 2004)
  • Most consecutive games with at least 4 touchdown passes: 5 (games 7–11, 2004)
  • Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes, season: 6 (2004; tied with 1984 Marino)
  • Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes, career: 24 (includes 2 playoff games; tied with Brett Favre)
  • Most games with at least 5 touchdown passes, career: 7 (includes 1 playoff game)
  • Most games with at least 5 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career: 4 (tied with Tom Brady)
  • One of only seven QBs with at least 6 touchdown passes in two games (tied with Sammy Baugh, Y.A. Tittle, Daryle Lamonica, Tom Brady, Charley Johnson and George Blanda)
  • One of only two QBs with at least 6 touchdown passes and no interceptions in two games (tied with Tom Brady)
  • Most regular games with at least 300 passing yards: 63 (tied with Dan Marino)
  • Most regular and postseason games with at least 300 passing yards: 71
  • Most games with at least 400 yards passing and no interceptions: 4
  • Most career touchdown passes in Thursday games: 25
  • Most touchdown passes on a Thursday game: 6 (tied with Bob Griese)
  • Largest career TD-INT differential: 201
  • Highest career passing TDs/game average (min. 150 TD passes): 1.91 TDs/game
  • Highest career passing yards/game average: 263.6
  • Second-Highest career completions/game average (min. 100 games played): 22.5
  • Highest completion percentage by a QB in one month in NFL history (min. 75 attempts): 81.8% (December 2008)
  • Most career games with a completion percentage of 70% or higher (min. 10 attempts): 66
  • Most consecutive regular season wins as a starter: 23 (2008–2009)
  • Most seasons with 10+ wins as a starter (regular season only): 11 (1999–2000, 2002–2010)
  • Most seasons with 12+ wins as a starter (regular season only): 8 (1999, 2003–2009)
  • Only QB with at least 12 wins as a starter in 7 consecutive seasons (2003–2009)
  • Only QB with nine straight seasons of 10+ wins as a starter (2002–2010)
  • Only QB to lead five consecutive 4th quarter comeback wins (games 7–11, 2009)
  • Most fourth quarter comeback wins in one season: 7 (2009)
  • First QB to defeat the other 31 teams in the regular season (Tom Brady did this later the same day, and Brett Favre did it the following week)
  • Most wins as a starting QB in a decade, regular season only: 115 (2000s)
  • Most wins as a starting QB in a decade, regular & postseason: 124 (2000s)
  • Most AP NFL MVP Awards: 4 (2003, 2004, 2008, 2009)
  • Most Touchdown Passes in a decade: 314 (2000–2009)
  • Most Passing Yards in a decade: 42,254 (2000–2009)
  • Most Completions in a decade: 3,575 (2000–2009)

ALL HAIL PEYTON MANNING!

I would just like to give a quick shoutout to the guy who claimed Manning fans defend him to no end. Asking if Manning was as great as some of us claim, why do we feel the need to defend him?

I suppose for the same reason Pats/Brady fans sign up at Colt forums to troll and stir up the pot. It's a nice debate and it's all about opinion in the end. Nobody will ever be able to convince me or prove for that matter, that Tom Brady is even close to Manning at the QB position, and vice versa for us Colts/Manning fans.

If Eli wins then we all have to hear about Eli being the "better Manning."

If Brady wins, people will argue he is hands down the best because of the 4 rings.

What a horrible season this truly has been.

Well thank jebus that I'm a Colts fan and not a Manning fan.

Do you honestly EVER post anything factual?

PROVE my points are wrong.

You never did this in that other thread where you lied about Eli going to the NFC so that he wouldn't have to face Peyton.

Lied huh.. no wrong again :troll:

You cant prove he didnt do it cause of Peyton. So in fact your a liar if you wanna argue it that way. Just as you cant PROVE Brady is better than Manning. Lie. Thats rich. Coming from a pats fan trolling on a colts forum thats incompetent about his own teams qb he rant to colts fans about how wonderful Brady is to him. Lied.. lmao

Nope. But I will cheer for him when he leaves, wherever he ends up.

Not sure why you would post in a thread about Manning if you're "not a Manning fan" because you clearly do not add anything to it.

I am a Manning fan, as a matter of fact I JUST bought another Manning jersey 3 days ago, however I am FIRST and foremost a COLTS fan. I just dont get the point of this thread. To argue about how upset you'll be that people can say someone is better than Manning. Who cares? IF Manning leaves the Colts, I wont care, I wont follow him where he goes, and I'll root against him if he is fighting us for a playoff spot or playing against us. He is just a QB, a great QB but none the less he is not the Colts and I think that is where this has gone.

Also I don't care who they are saying is better, because that will never be actually decided until they are all retired. WHy not just wait til then to debate it.

I am a Manning fan, as a matter of fact I JUST bought another Manning jersey 3 days ago, however I am FIRST and foremost a COLTS fan. I just dont get the point of this thread. To argue about how upset you'll be that people can say someone is better than Manning. Who cares? IF Manning leaves the Colts, I wont care, I wont follow him where he goes, and I'll root against him if he is fighting us for a playoff spot or playing against us. He is just a QB, a great QB but none the less he is not the Colts and I think that is where this has gone.

Also I don't care who they are saying is better, because that will never be actually decided until they are all retired. WHy not just wait til then to debate it.

And I don't get why you'd post in a thread you don't get.

..... Because I'm trying to comprehend it? Your making it difficult.

It's not that difficult. Thats why I politely suggested you find another thread.

You don't seem to "comprehend" it.

You're not a Manning fan, strictly Colts.

"IF Manning leaves the Colts, I wont care."

All that adds up to = Probably not the thread for you.

It's not that difficult. Thats why I politely suggested you find another thread.

You don't seem to "comprehend" it.

You're not a Manning fan, strictly Colts.

"IF Manning leaves the Colts, I wont care."

All that adds up to = Probably not the thread for you.

I'm a fan of Manning as long as he is on the Colts roster.... Does that count?

Thats kind of funny because I actually needed a new white one and ordered it 2 days ago.

You got a white one too? lol I only had the home Jersey so I figured since they were such a good price I'd gamble on it and get the White to go with my Blue. Plus living in NY I use to get dumb Giants fans thinking I had an Eli jersey on (Our home and Giants home JErseys are very close in color.)

You got a white one too? lol I only had the home Jersey so I figured since they were such a good price I'd gamble on it and get the White to go with my Blue. Plus living in NY I use to get dumb Giants fans thinking I had an Eli jersey on (Our home and Giants home JErseys are very close in color.)

Yeah I bought a white premiere for something like $90. I have the blue premiere and have had a "fake" real white one for 2 years. Always felt kind of low having the fake real one. I saw this deal and jumped at it.

Also, not to get ahead of myself but I will, I picked up this. Check it out.

http://store.nike.co...0701/pid-455588

I'll wear it on opening day this year then have him sign it.

10-5 without Brady...2-14 without Peyton.

If Super Bowl rings are all that matters, then Patriot fans are right. Brady is better. But that also means that Troy Aikman (3-0) and Terry Bradshaw (4-0) are better than Brady (3-1). Patriot fans must also believe that Jim Plunkett, Phil Simms, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mary Rypien, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson rank right up there with Peyton. Good way to destroy your credibility. NFL analysts are lazy when they use NFL rings to compare QBs.

Are Brady fans going to claim this Super Bowl as well? After Brady turned in one of the worst performances in postseason history. Nice unnecessary deep ball into double coverage. Veteran move. Does Brady win three Super Bowls if Mike Vanderjagt (not Vinatieri) is his kicker?

Do you honestly EVER post anything factual?

PROVE my points are wrong.

You never did this in that other thread where you lied about Eli going to the NFC so that he wouldn't have to face Peyton.

That's just it. It's your opinion and you can't prove an opinion wrong. Look you are never going to get Colts fans to say Brady is better and you aren't going to Pats fans to say Manning is better. Just agree to disagree and move on. There are strong cases to make for both men.

As to your last point several people include some people in the media have said that part of the reason Eli forced the trade was so he wouldn't be in the AFC with Eli. So that isn't a lie. It's a theory that has been floated by people that has never been proven or denayed.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, January 26, 2012 - filter evasion - cursing
Hidden by Peytongirl, January 26, 2012 - filter evasion - cursing

because they had an opinion on the subject? It's a message board and anyone is welcome to post their opinions on subjects.

Actually they didn't. I think he and I have moved past that anyway. Welcome to 5 f***ing minutes ago.

10-5 without Brady...2-14 without Peyton.

If Super Bowl rings are all that matters, then Patriot fans are right. Brady is better. But that also means that Troy Aikman (3-0) and Terry Bradshaw (4-0) are better than Brady (3-1). Patriot fans must also believe that Jim Plunkett, Phil Simms, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mary Rypien, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson rank right up there with Peyton. Good way to destroy your credibility. NFL analysts are lazy when they use NFL rings to compare QBs.

Are Brady fans going to claim this Super Bowl as well? After Brady turned in one of the worst performances in postseason history. Nice unnecessary deep ball into double coverage. Veteran move. Does Brady win three Super Bowls if Mike Vanderjagt (not Vinatieri) is his kicker?

He wins at least two at a minimun, SB 38 and SB 39, if you watched the games you would know this . . . Also, if BB had a vetern kicker in SB42 maybe he goes for a FG in the 3rd qtr and they end up tied at the end of the game, so who knows there . . .also, one can't totally could out that Vandy would of not done what AV did in 2001 . . . but at a min he has two and maybe even a 19-0 and possible 4 rings . . . ;)

EDIT: btw rings are a part of the discussion not the be all end all of the dicsussion and neither is stats either, other wise all of you colts fans would be saying Farve > Manning . .. ;)

He wins at least two at a minimun, SB 38 and SB 39, if you watched the games you would know this . . . Also, if BB had a vetern kicker in SB42 maybe he goes for a FG in the 3rd qtr and they end up tied at the end of the game, so who knows there . . .also, one can't totally could out that Vandy would of not done what AV did in 2001 . . . but at a min he has two and maybe even a 19-0 and possible 4 rings . . . ;)

EDIT: btw rings are a part of the discussion not the be all end all of the dicsussion and neither is stats either, other wise all of you colts fans would be saying Farve > Manning . .. ;)

I watched those games. Vinatieri kicked a 41-yarder with :04 left to beat the Panthers and a short Vinatieri FG was the difference in a 24-21 win vs. Philly. Could Brady have won in OT, possibly. If he played for Indy though, he likely never would have got the ball. Peyton never got it in a 23-17 loss to S.D. in 2008. Vanderjagt misses ended Peyton's season in both 2000 and 2005. An onside kick (among many other calamaties) ended Peyton in 2009. A kick return and FG by the Jets in less than a minute wiped away a GW drive in 2010. Last week, a defensive gem, a non PI and a missed FG saves Brady. No one in Indy saves Peyton. Thus he gets the "best QB of the regular season" award. Nice...

Personally I am pretty proud of Eli and think he is one of the best big game QBs I have seen in some time. His teams win in hostile envirnoments a lot in the playoffs. What his teams have done now and in 2007 are simply amazing. And lets not act like these Giants were some regular season powerhouse either. I actually think they got healthy at the right time more then hot at the right time. They had guys in and out of the line up all season. The run game finished DEAD LAST. The D was maybe 27th overall by years end but certainly when healthy is a much higher unit then that ranking IMO. His receivers were never 100% all year.

Somehow Eli was a common force though this season and helped lead his team to comeback wins and kept them stable with all the injuries.

Eli deserves IMO enourmous credit.

As for the Pats I actually give them credit too because this D has been terrible but a constant has been the offense led by Brady, just a notch higher on D then Green Bay who to me suprisingly fell off the map on defense this year regardless of the reasons it happened. They managed to get by two poor passing teams at home in the playoffs but I still have to see more. I have to see how they do against the Giants passing game. The Giants to put it bluntly have had thier number in some ways in recent meetings. Much like when the Colts play the Chargers.....the match ups have favored the G Men. Tough SB, again. I feel despite the regular season record of the Giants that they are far superior and more around an 11 win team in a competitive NFC.

As much as Colts fans hate to admit it, the general public puts a lot of stock into postseason success. They put a lot of stock into beating quality teams/QBs and seeing QBs have big moments on the biggest stages.

We can argue till the cows come home. Peyton has won 1 SB but has not always played his best football when the stakes were at it's highest. Personally, I feel if the pick 6 in the SB never happened he would be in better shape for all time debates. The way it stands now with Brady getting back to another big game (whether he wins or loses it) it's going to be difficult for Peyton to go down as the all time great.

This does not mean that Peyton can't go down as an all timer. It just means it will be increasingly more difficult to be labeled GOAT. Heck even Rodgers this year broke his all time passer rating. Records are being broken left and right by QBs and should continue to do so. Records and stats are not always what they used to be based on all the quality QBs and offenses that are around and will continue to be around.

Personally I am pretty proud of Eli and think he is one of the best big game QBs I have seen in some time. His teams win in hostile envirnoments a lot in the playoffs. What his teams have done now and in 2007 are simply amazing. And lets not act like these Giants were some regular season powerhouse either. I actually think they got healthy at the right time more then hot at the right time. They had guys in and out of the line up all season. The run game finished DEAD LAST. The D was maybe 27th overall by years end but certainly when healthy is a much higher unit then that ranking IMO. His receivers were never 100% all year.

Somehow Eli was a common force though this season and helped lead his team to comeback wins and kept them stable with all the injuries.

Eli deserves IMO enourmous credit.

As for the Pats I actually give them credit too because this D has been terrible but a constant has been the offense led by Brady, just a notch higher on D then Green Bay who to me suprisingly fell off the map on defense this year regardless of the reasons it happened. They managed to get by two poor passing teams at home in the playoffs but I still have to see more. I have to see how they do against the Giants passing game. The Giants to put it bluntly have had thier number in some ways in recent meetings. Much like when the Colts play the Chargers.....the match ups have favored the G Men. Tough SB, again. I feel despite the regular season record of the Giants that they are far superior and more around an 11 win team in a competitive NFC.

As much as Colts fans hate to admit it, the general public puts a lot of stock into postseason success. They put a lot of stock into beating quality teams/QBs and seeing QBs have big moments on the biggest stages.

We can argue till the cows come home. Peyton has won 1 SB but has not always played his best football when the stakes were at it's highest. Personally, I feel if the pick 6 in the SB never happened he would be in better shape for all time debates. The way it stands now with Brady getting back to another big game (whether he wins or loses it) it's going to be difficult for Peyton to go down as the all time great.

This does not mean that Peyton can't go down as an all timer. It just means it will be increasingly more difficult to be labeled GOAT. Heck even Rodgers this year broke his all time passer rating. Records are being broken left and right by QBs and should continue to do so. Records and stats are not always what they used to be based on all the quality QBs and offenses that are around and will continue to be around.

Good post and I agree with it all. Although the pick 6 by PM doesn't really stand out as that big a factor.... it was a desparate time by then anyway. Just the loss counts.

He may not end up being the goat but really who will..like you said they come and go.

Now if fans enjoyed watching them all play instead of worrying about goats...milk ;-) lol

As to the SB seems the Giants have every edge except the TEs. BB prolly asking Ernie how he's going to beat them like he did vs 01 Rams but they were finesse vs our physical. The Giants are actually physical too.

Still...experts think this is a humdinger game because both are playing well and are completely healthy.(save a possible low percentage on GRONK).