Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Upshaw to the Falcons

Austin Leonard

Good. But why does the Falcons keep wanting these mediocre EDGE rushers? They better draft Spence, Lawson or Ogbah at 17 and hope Beasley has a breakout year. Because Upshaw and Claiborne aren't going to put up 10 plus sacks, and that's what they need. They signed Derrick Shelby who played well with Miami last year. I can see him getting 5-6 sacks, but I don't think he's going to be that premier pass rusher they need.

1 year deal, Hardly means he will be the automatic starter but I expect he will be going into TC as the starter...Upshaw is a proven starter who has produced in the NFL albeit not at an elite level he allows for the pass rusher they draft to learn the playbook and get used to his new surroundings while possibly being in a rotation with Upshaw. Falcons will still be looking for another pass rusher to pair with Beasley long term. Wont be surprised if they draft Floyd but I expect another speed rusher

On March 26, 2016 at 4:29 PM, Gavin said:

1 year deal, Hardly means he will be the automatic starter but I expect he will be going into TC as the starter...Upshaw is a proven starter who has produced in the NFL albeit not at an elite level he allows for the pass rusher they draft to learn the playbook and get used to his new surroundings while possibly being in a rotation with Upshaw. Falcons will still be looking for another pass rusher to pair with Beasley long term. Wont be surprised if they draft Floyd but I expect another speed rusher

And Floyd isn't a speed rusher?