Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jakeem Grant!!!

This may he a guy alot of teams sleep on bease of lack of size at only 5'7 or so. But he's got something that can't be really be taught, Speed!!! And speed to an elite level. Had a 40 time of 4.12. He's very shifty and elusive. I think he's a guy that has some potential in the NFL if used right. Wouldn't mind seeing the Colts nab him in the later rounds if he's there.

What an exciting player to watch.....

He seems the kind of player the Patiors would like. A small, fast, and shifty player that can catch a 5-yard pass and turn it into a 50-yard TD, ala Welker, Edelman, and Amendola.

22 minutes ago, Flash said:

What an exciting player to watch.....

He seems the kind of player the Patiors would like. A small, fast, and shifty player that can catch a 5-yard pass and turn it into a 50-yard TD, ala Welker, Edelman, and Amendola.

Just out of curiosity why should we care about what the Patriots would want?

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's what Bo ran the 40 in. Incredible! Even Deion didn't crack the 4.1 area, I think his fastest was 4.2 on the nose.

WOW. If this kid can hang onto the ball he could be the best return man in the NFL

Just now, COLTS449 said:

WOW. If this kid can hang onto the ball he could be the best return man in the NFL

Yeah I just typed in Bo Jackson 40 time and it shows Bo at 4.12, Darrell Green actually ran it in 4.15, Deion was at 4.21. I agree he could be a steal, hopefully Dorsett pans out because he is fast as well.

I want us to get this kid. He'll probably go undrafted. When he does Grigson needs to be all over him. I mean with that kind of speed and those moves he's got. I'm serious. He could be a game changer, an actual game changer in the return game. And we could use him in a million different ways. I'd hand it off to him, do some reverses, Line him up at RB and use him as a receiver out of the backfield, and line him up as receiver in 4 WR sets. There's a lot of ways to utilize a kid with that kind of speed and moves.

7 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I want us to get this kid. He'll probably go undrafted. When he does Grigson needs to be all over him. I mean with that kind of speed and those moves he's got. I'm serious. He could be a game changer, an actual game changer in the return game. And we could use him in a million different ways. I'd had it off to him, do some reverses, use him as a receiver out of the backfield, and line him up as receiver in 4 WR sets. There's a lot of ways to utilize a kid with that kind of speed and moves.

Look at how much better Sproles made the Chargers. It's always great to have a back that can come in on 3rd downs and catch a short pass that has the ability to take it to the house.

12 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

i dont remember hearing about him run a 4.12 thats something we would have heard about i would need a link to believe it.

look him up..... you'll see multiple things regarding his 40 times. The Saints reportedly clocked him at 4.10 with it being a windy day. 

Sproles was strong enough to break tackles though.  

I would love to have him though because he is shifty and I  think that's more important for a return man.

I still think Darell Green is that fastest guy I ever saw play and that includes Deion and Bo.  

3 hours ago, weslo1812 said:

This may he a guy alot of teams sleep on bease of lack of size at only 5'7 or so. But he's got something that can't be really be taught, Speed!!! And speed to an elite level. Had a 40 time of 4.12. He's very shifty and elusive. I think he's a guy that has some potential in the NFL if used right. Wouldn't mind seeing the Colts nab him in the later rounds if he's there.

The Colts already worked him out. He's probably who Irsay was talking about when he said we were looking for a Sproles type of back.

Grigsons first round pick! lol sorry had too im still a grigs hater even though some people are like 'good job grigs your doing good" with the Robinson signing. TRich, Werner, Dorsett, AJ and many others are still fresh in my mind

16 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Grigsons first round pick! lol sorry had too im still a grigs hater even though some people are like 'good job grigs your doing good" with the Robinson signing. TRich, Werner, Dorsett, AJ and many others are still fresh in my mind

:deadhorse:

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I want us to get this kid. He'll probably go undrafted. When he does Grigson needs to be all over him. I mean with that kind of speed and those moves he's got. I'm serious. He could be a game changer, an actual game changer in the return game. And we could use him in a million different ways. I'd hand it off to him, do some reverses, Line him up at RB and use him as a receiver out of the backfield, and line him up as receiver in 4 WR sets. There's a lot of ways to utilize a kid with that kind of speed and moves.

I don't think he'll go undrafted. Really good player, I don't care how small he is he'll be picked up by somebody and hopefully that is us.

36 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Dorsett has shown potential and was not a bad pick based on talent. Now if you are going off of need, then yeah. But the kid a chance to be very,good. People just hate the pick because we didn't draft according to our need. Well...some people just choose to ignore and tune out the fact that that is not how the Colts draft nor do the majority of NFL teams. And what about guys like Anderson, Parry, Hilton, Mewhort, Moncrief and you could even add in Geathers who contributed alot that have been Solid draft pick ups. And that's not including Free agency where we've gotten valuable contributors like Mike Adams and Langford and Lowery. And a trade that paid off big for Vontae. There has definitely been some good done by Grigson. Not saying fantastic or great, but good.

4 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Dorsett has shown potential and was not a bad pick based on talent. Now if you are going off of need, then yeah. But the kid a chance to be very,good. People just hate the pick because we didn't draft according to our need. Well...some people just choose to ignore and tune out the fact that that is not how the Colts draft nor do the majority of NFL teams. And what about guys like Anderson, Parry, Hilton, Mewhort, Moncrief and you could even add in Geathers who contributed alot that have been Solid draft pick ups. And that's not including Free agency where we've gotten valuable contributors like Mike Adams and Langford and Lowery. And a trade that paid off big for Vontae. There has definitely been some good done by Grigson. Not saying fantastic or great, but good.

But that wouldn't fit into the narrative that other GMs hit on the majority of all their draft picks and trades. If Grigson makes moves and they don't work out then he's terrible. If Grigson doesn't make moves he's terrible. If Grigson makes moves and they pay off then that's just what he's supposed to do, but he doesn't do it often enough so he's terrible. 

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't think he'll go undrafted. Really good player, I don't care how small he is he'll be picked up by somebody and hopefully that is us.

Yeah I think he'd be a nightmare if used right and creatively. Special teams for sure and then as a weapon out of the backfield. 

1 minute ago, weslo1812 said:

Yeah I think he'd be a nightmare if used right and creatively. Special teams for sure and then as a weapon out of the backfield. 

I think you'd have to know you'll use him running out of the backfield and in the passing game for sure.  Special Teams is getting more and more restricted with them pushing a touchback out to the 25 yard line now which will create more touch backs.  If you're getting him for just special teams I think that's a waste of his talent.

7 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

As much as Chud seemed to like using the backs in the passing game I'm sure he'd find something to do with him.

11 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

But that wouldn't fit into the narrative that other GMs hit on the majority of all their draft picks and trades. If Grigson makes moves and they don't work out then he's terrible. If Grigson doesn't make moves he's terrible. If Grigson makes moves and they pay off then that's just what he's supposed to do, but he doesn't do it often enough so he's terrible. 

I don't know if there is any or many GMS who hit on over say 70% of thier picks. If a GM hits on 50% he's actually doing a decent job. It's not as easy as people think. And for some they are never happy no matter what. If it's not what they want and what they think should happen, then it's failure automatically without regards to anything else. Just automatic failure. Because obviously they are an expert in being a GM and they watch 100s of hours of film.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

As much as Chud seemed to like using the backs in the passing game I'm sure he'd find something to do with him.

Very good point in regards to the Special teams portion in your post before this one. I definitely agree that Chud would find a way. I've read somewhere that he's pretty good with match ups too, don't know how true that is....? I'm hoping so though.

I may be missing something, but I would imagine that 40 was hand times. Dorsett hand times is going to be around 4.2-4.3, so is this kid not just a Dorsett clone in a way. Since we used a first round on him, I don't want someone who is close to his skill set because of a tenth of a second, but jmo!

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

I like what I see, but I still wouldn't draft him any higher that the 7th. He seems like a 7th-UDFA. Hopefully the latter so we can get another pick.

Hmmmmm you must of forgotten about this little guy named Dri Archer the Steelers drafted out of Kent State in the 3rd round of the 2014 draft.  They did this and Kent State didn't play anybody of note. There was Zilch to say Archer could even play with the big boys and he went in the 3rd round. Exact same type of RB/WR multi use guy as Grant.  Grant is way better than Archer along with having the kind of confidence and cockiness you like to see in a player.  On top of that you see him on film getting it done against SEC level teams, against Oklahoma State and other good football programs and you want to say he's a UDFA or 7th rounder?  Somebody else will notice what he's done on film along with that 4.1 speed and draft him before what you're projecting I'm quite confident.  Rare speed is usually not hanging around 7th round or UDFA. Especially when the player has produced against the big dollar programs.

He's taller 5'8" and faster 4.1 than Darren Sproles.  Probably would have put up just as good of numbers as Darren Sproles on the Collegiate Level if they just left him at RB.  Problem is the coach at Texas Tech loves to throw the football and barely runs so he was never used that way. No way this kid is a UDFA or 7th rounder in my opinion. Needs to gain a little weight somewhere in the 180 to 200 pound range , but I think he'd be dynamite in a Zone Scheme with all his cut back/short space explosion ability and he's a really good receiver too.  He's worth a draft pick and I wouldn't mind having him. The guy is fearless and I like it!

Love the value you get from him in the quick hitch/quick screen game. It's pretty much a first down or big play every time you go to him.  You can use him a lot as a pure WR to minimize concerns about pass protection, but at the same time you can get great use out of him on obvious running downs if you choose to use him as a running back.

On March 26, 2016 at 6:41 PM, krunk said:

The Colts already worked him out. He's probably who Irsay was talking about when he said we were looking for a Sproles type of back.

That was a running back from Illinois St. Marshaun Coprich. He's good I'd love to have him. It's looking more and more like we are going to grab a RB this year. Coprich get's my vote. He ran a 5th fastest time for RB's 4.47 right behind another kid we are tied fo Lasco 4.46

This kid Grant is a WR from Texas Tech. There is the undersized kid with the crazy 40 every year. Last Pitt took him in the 3rd. His impact was so big I can't remember his name. I expect the same from Grant. 

10 minutes ago, akcolt said:

That was a running back from Illinois St. Marshaun Coprich. He's good I'd love to have him. It's looking more and more like we are going to grab a RB this year. Coprich get's my vote. He ran a 5th fastest time for RB's 4.47 right behind another kid we are tied fo Lasco 4.46

This kid Grant is a WR from Texas Tech. There is the undersized kid with the crazy 40 every year. Last Pitt took him in the 3rd. His impact was so big I can't remember his name. I expect the same from Grant. 

No we worked out Grant and Coprich.  Grant is only a WR because Texas Techs coach does not really value the RB position.  He passes the football almost the entire game.  Grant to be honest really has the skill set of a RB similar to Darren Sproles.  He's an all purpose guy that can be used exactly like Sproles is used.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/3/23/11291858/colts-met-with-texas-tech-wide-receiver-jakeem-grant

24 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I think your judgement is off on Grant.  There wasn't any empirical evidence whatsover that Archer could play in the league. Show me some tape of him against a good school. Just one.....  There is plenty of film evidence to show that Grant can actually play against top level talent.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think your judgement is off on Grant.  There wasn't any empirical evidence whatsover that Archer could play in the league. Show me some tape of him against a good school. Just one.....  There is plenty of film evidence to show that Grant can actually play against top level talent. 

I haven't seen Grant play much so my judgement my be off. I was basing if on his size not a lot of a 160lb players. 

My judgement on Coprich isn't off I  have had my eye on him as a day 3 option for a while. It was definitely Coprich who was compared to Sproles, It is in the article entitled "Coprich Runs 4.38, 38 inch vertical, talks to Colts, Bears" they say "Coprich has a multi faceted, versitale skill set that brings to mind...,Darren Sproles. Both are RB's that have 40lbs on Grant 

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

I haven't seen Grant play much so my judgement my be off. I was basing if on his size not a lot of a 160lb players. 

My judgement on Coprich isn't off I  have had my eye on him as a day 3 option for a while. It was definitely Coprich who was compared to Sproles, It is in the article entitled "Coprich Runs 4.38, 38 inch vertical, talks to Colts, Bears" they say "Coprich has a multi faceted, versitale skill set that brings to mind...,Darren Sproles. Both are RB's that have 40lbs on Grant 

I watched some  tape on Coprich and Sproles didn't come to my mind. He's a good back, but I did not think Sproles when I watched. 

17 minutes ago, akcolt said:

This scouting break down compares him to Doug Martin

21 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I could see from a visual standpoint Coprich in tandem with Gore though. 

8 hours ago, krunk said:

I could see from a visual standpoint Coprich in tandem with Gore though. 

And he could probably be brought on board as an UDFA. I am glad to see we are going to mm  m.   M And ham glad to see we are going to have some depth at RB this year. Next year we can take our franchise back in what should be a loaded RB class,