Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared 1 Round NFL Mock Draft (31 Picks)

I'm going to name off all 31 picks that I think will happen in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft. This is based off my personal ranks and what i perceive as needs for each team. All comments and discussion is welcomed. Lets get to it!

1.) TEN- Jalen Ramsey CB, Florida State

2.) CLE- Carson Wentz QB, North Dakota State

3.) SD- Laremy Tunsil OT, Ole Miss

4.) DAL- Ezekiel Elliott RB, Ohio State

5.) JAX- Myles Jack OLB, UCLA

6.) BAL- DeForest Buckner DE, Oregon

7.) SF- Jared Goff QB, California

8.) PHI- Paxton Lynch QB, Memphis

9.) TB- Vernon Hargreaves III CB, Florida

10.) NYG- Leonard Floyd OLB, Georgia

11.) CHI- Joey Bosa DE, Ohio State

12.) NO- Sheldon Rankins DT, Louisville 

13.) MIA- Ronnie Stanley OT, Notre Dame

14.) OAK- A'Shawn Robinson DT, Alabama

15.) LA- Laquon Treadwell WR, Ole Miss

16.) DET- Taylor Decker OT, Ohio State

17.) ATL- Darron Lee OLB, Ohio State

18.) IND- Andrew Billings DT, Baylor

19.) BUF- Emmanuel Ogbah DE, Oklahoma State

20.) NYJ- Jack Conklin OT, Michigan State

21.) WAS- Reggie Ragland ILB, Alabama

22.) HOU- Corey Coleman WR, Baylor

23.) MIN- Will Fuller WR, Notre Dame

24.) CIN- Josh Doctson WR, TCU

25.) PIT- William Jackson III CB, Houston

26.) SEA- Noah Spence EDGE, Eastern Kentucky

27.) GB- Kamalei Correa EDGE, Boise State

28.) KC- Eli Apple CB, Ohio State

29.) ARI- Kenny Clark DT, UCLA

30.) CAR- Kevin Dodd EDGE, Clemson

31.) DEN- Jarran Reed DE, Alabama

Tell me what you guys think. I put some work into this and am hoping we can bring up some draft discussion. Look forward to hearing your comments!

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Love the pick. I'd consider Conklin too as another option too.

Conklin was my original thought, but there's something special about Billings. I can't find anything I hate about the guy, and I have that weird feeling I have about certain guys when I know they will be good. This is the same feeling I got for Moncrief and Henry Anderson (two guys I wanted for us).

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Billings in the 1st and Kelly (C- Bama) in the 2nd would instantly upgrade both lines from the inside-out and make the other position groups better.

I agree with this. I did a colts mock with Billings in the 1st and Martin in the 2nd because I thought Kelly would be gone. If he makes to us in the 2nd, he's the obvious pick.

Just now, PeterBowman said:

I really don't think Kelly will be available in the 2nd...and if Billings is gone I can see Grigson pulling the trigger on Kelly at 18.

If we took Kelly at 18, that would be an unmitigated disaster. Huge reach there, when we could get Conklin or someone better at 18.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we took Kelly at 18, that would be an unmitigated disaster. Huge reach there, when we could get Conklin or someone better at 18.

I would say it would only be a disaster if he played poorly or did not do enough to take the starting spot. Neither are things I see happening as I believe he will be a solid center in the league. Are you assuming that this happens or why would it be a disaster?

Just now, DaColts85 said:

I would say it would only be a disaster if he played poorly or did not do enough to take the starting spot. Neither are things I see happening as I believe he will be a solid center in the league. Are you assuming that this happens or why would it be a disaster?

A solid Center isn't what we want in the 1st. We want a Center (in the case for kelly) that plays like the 18th best player in this draft. I don't think Kelly is that good. Even with the lack of pass rush, there are better choices than Kelly at 18. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

A solid Center isn't what we want in the 1st. We want a Center (in the case for kelly) that plays like the 18th best player in this draft. I don't think Kelly is that good. Even with the lack of pass rush, there are better choices than Kelly at 18. 

Oh ok I got ya now.  I agree and do not see Kelly as the #18 in the draft and fell like Grigson will look elsewhere with the pick. Ragland or Billings are options IMO.

5 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Nice mock Jared. I do disagree with a thing or two, though. I don't see the Giants taking Floyd over Bosa for one. But I'd be happy with Billings. I think he has the potential to be a dominant NT.

You aren't allowed to disagree with me, you are my loyal servant! LOL, jk. I'm actually very low on Bosa. I predicted in the bold predictions that he would go outside the top 10, and I'm sticking to my guns. I trust my own ranks and evaluations over the scouts. I may look like a fool in the end, but I'll be my own man! :td:

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You aren't allowed to disagree with me, you are my loyal servant! LOL, jk. I'm actually very low on Bosa. I predicted in the bold predictions that he would go outside the top 10, and I'm sticking to my guns. I trust my own ranks and evaluations over the scouts. I may look like a fool in the end, but I'll be my own man! :td:

LOL. I feel you man. I'm not big on Bosa either, and I could see him fall a little bit, but I still think he'll go in the top 10. Literally almost every team in the top 10 need a pass rusher. I don't see him getting past Tampa Bay at the latest.

15 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Nice mock Jared. I do disagree with a thing or two, though. I don't see the Giants taking Floyd over Bosa for one. But I'd be happy with Billings. I think he has the potential to be a dominant NT.

Agreed, C449! Ragland is my choice if there by BPA. If not, Billings would not be disappointing at all. I think he has the potential to be an impact player right away along with the ILB from Alabama.

We will pass on Fuller. As one of my fellow Vikefans wrote, two words we don't want to hear on the first day of the draft is "William Fuller".  Too many drops. Give me Doctson or Michael Thomas instead. The Vikes will probably go defense though. 

Nice job!

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/3/23/11293316/names-vikings-fans-don-t-want-to-hear-on-draft-day-william-fuller

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

For you guys talking about Ryan Kelly. In order for us to take him in the 1st he would need to be an elite center. I don't see him being an all pro caliber center in the same category as Mack, Fredrick, Mangold, etc.

I could see the Colts trading down and trying to get Kelly at the top of the 2nd.  But then the forum will explode with "but we could've gotten (insert defensive player) at #18!!!"

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

We will pass on Fuller. As one of my fellow Vikefans wrote, two words we don't want to hear on the first day of the draft is "William Fuller".  Too many drops. Give me Doctson or Michael Thomas instead. The Vikes will probably go defense though. 

Nice job!

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/3/23/11293316/names-vikings-fans-don-t-want-to-hear-on-draft-day-william-fuller

Well, I goofed. lol. Fine, you can have Doctson, just don't tell the Bengals lol.

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I could see the Colts trading down and trying to get Kelly at the top of the 2nd.  But then the forum will explode with "but we could've gotten (insert defensive player) at #18!!!"

I wouldn't complain. If we traded down to the top of the 2nd, we could get another 2nd, a possible 1st in 2017, or a 3rd and a 4th this year. I understand that we would be filling a ton of needs with more picks high in the draft that would benefit the team.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I wouldn't complain. If we traded down to the top of the 2nd, we could get another 2nd, a possible 1st in 2017, or a 3rd and a 4th this year. I understand that we would be filling a ton of needs with more picks high in the draft that would benefit the team.

I agree.  Once you get past the "elite" players that can make an immediate impact (about halfway through the 1st round), it's more about quantity than quality.  Acquire as many "good" rookies as possible and separate the wheat from the chaff in training camp.

33 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Bosa could easily slide, but I don't think he will go to a 3-4 team, especially not to Chicago. I could see Tampa/NO/OAK taking him. If Dallas feels comfortable with their RB position, Bosa could go there as well. He would be excellent opposite DeMarcus Lawrence.