Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm sure many here would agree

The Colts need to do everything in their power to make sure Andrew Luck has better protection on the interior. This could even mean kidnapping their own general manager for a few hours on Draft Day, just to make sure that the team selects a talented offensive lineman to keep Luck healthy. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_1.php#R17JcmvxuyYL90KP.99

17 minutes ago, crestmount said:

The Colts need to do everything in their power to make sure Andrew Luck has better protection on the interior. This could even mean kidnapping their own general manager for a few hours on Draft Day, just to make sure that the team selects a talented offensive lineman to keep Luck healthy. 

I couldn't agree with you more on this topic. I've been banging this drum forever. Yes the defense needs help but you're going to pay Andrew luck $120,000,000 plus or minus let's make sure that he's healthy and protect him. Yeah that's a lot of zeros people!

I think there are going to be some upset individuals when an OL isn't picked in the 1st or 2nd rounds. The front office brought position coaches who are huge upgrades over what they've had the past couple of years. Outside of center, which could easily be solved if Wiz is signed, I have a feeling the OL is pretty much complete. If Wiz isn't signed, there are a good handful of guys in rounds 3-5 that the Colts could target. The Colts want to protect Luck, yes, but there was an article here recently that stated the Colts also want to speed up Luck's read/reaction to get rid of the ball quicker too. It's not just been the OL that's been the problem. Luck and coaching has been a problem as well along with the OL. Again, from the way the offseason has went within the FO, it sounds like they are much more confident now with their new positional coaches and what they have to offer. This draft is way too heavy defensively to not take advantage of the value that's there.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Need is not going to dictate who is on Grigson's board. It will be the best player available.

Actually I'd disagree with that.  I'd say that need will not determine who Grigson picks, but need will definitely play a part in them setting up their big boards.  As an example, I highly doubt there will be any 1st round QBs on Grigson's big board because there's no need there.

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Need is not going to dictate who is on Grigson's board. It will be the best player available.

To a degree yes.  I doubt he will pick a QB just because they are the BPA.  Especially after the Tolzien signing.  But just about any other position that isn't FB, K, or P is in the mix for our 1st round pick.  Kind of a can't miss pick when we can use help all over the field...

13 hours ago, crestmount said:

Just out of curiosity,  why did you post a link to a 2017 projected draft?

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

Actually I'd disagree with that.  I'd say that need will not determine who Grigson picks, but need will definitely play a part in them setting up their big boards.  As an example, I highly doubt there will be any 1st round QBs on Grigson's big board because there's no need there.

Really? I don't mean this as argumentative but obviously I was talking about the draft itself. Why you feel the need to turn this into something it wasn't intended is beyond me.

26 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Really? I don't mean this as argumentative but obviously I was talking about the draft itself. Why you feel the need to turn this into something it wasn't intended is beyond me.

Uh, yeah I was talking about the draft as well...not sure how you got that I was talking about something else.  And I'm not trying to turn it into anything..  More than anything I just think you worded your previous post poorly.  Grigson isn't going to draft for need...but as they're setting up their big board going into the draft, I absolutely think that need will come into play when they choose which players to scout and include on their board and which ones not to.