Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nfl Referee Bill Leavy Already Catching Heat For The Giants/packers Game(Merge)

IMissMarvin

Bad calls are always being made but bottom line, if your gunna call those questionable calls then call the on both sides. Want to let the players play? fine, let both teams play. Want to call anything that could be a penalty? Fine but call it evenly for both teams.

Im going to ignore the fumble because that was completely obvious and there better be some sort of repercussion for that call.

It was the roughing the passer on Rodgers that really bothered me. No helmet contact whats so ever! Eli was getting smacked around there quite a bit, including a late hit and a helmet to helmet hit, neither where called. Ok so they want to protect the QBs, but it seems more like they want to protect only the superstar QBs that are beloved by the media.

Why dont they just come out and say it...That this rule was to protect the Bradys, Rodgers and Brees's of the world and not Jason Cambells, Alex Smiths etc.. At least that way we would all be on the same page and there wouldnt be disputes when calls like that happen.

Sometimes you have to beat your opponent and and the officials. That's just how it is. Conspiracy theorists can have a field day with finding out how deep the rabbit hole goes, but when you boil it down to simply having a pair of eyes in your head to see with it's clear play calling can be and is extremely slanted at times. What's gold is a team like NY taking the game despite the officiating. Let's see if they'll be allowed to just play ball in the next round.

Next round they will be allowed to ball, because the opponent is only SF. I think the NFL wanted to give the Packers some help in repeating. That or the refs were paid off. Or third, they were just biased.

Next round they will be allowed to ball, because the opponent is only SF. I think the NFL wanted to give the Packers some help in repeating. That or the refs were paid off. Or third, they were just biased.

Or fourth, they were really just that stupid.

I refuse to believe that. To blame it on stupidity is to give them a way out. This was a dirty call.

Yea, I don't believe it's just stupidity either. These refs are highly qualified and trained. If a common fan AND the analysts can both pick out their mistakes, then something is amiss.

I read pages and pages of responses on one of the GB message board and even they said that the refs tried to help them out. That was as one sided a game called by the refs as I can remember. Horrible. I noticed the bad spots as well as the obvious wrong calls that EVERYBODY noticed.

If the excuse is that ref's are human and will make mistakes then why bother with replays and challenges at all? I say because they are human they are susceptible to taking bribes and we have replays to keep them honest but that apparently doesnt always work. After reviewing what was obviously a fumble that ref chose to remain dishonest. He may have been more afraid of losing his life than losing his job. Shouldn't have took a bribe.

yeah that is why it's obvious refs were paid off. Or at least one of the refs. The replay says fumble and he chose to remain dishonest. I agree with you 100%.

You forgot to mention at least two egregious push offs by Jennings that didn't get called.

I can't get myself to see the logic in a ref accepting money to ruin his career. Many folks aren't aware of this, but refs are graded on their performance by committee every year. This determines who gets to work the post-season and SB games, or in some cases, may result in the loss of their job or a lesser position.

All that being said, I can see how calls get missed.

dude, the ref saw the replay and still chose to lie. You have absolutely 0 logic.

The replay was clear fumble and the ref refused to accept that.

This is a bribe, not a human mistake. The human mistake was the wrong call, then the bribe was to keep that wronmg call stand.

You and others who believe that the refs didn't get paid to call the game have no proof at that at all. What is you logic behind all this?

The only thing worse then these bad calls?

Is if Leavy is rewarded with officiating the Super Bowl.

Can you say Superbowl 40 all over again?

I get sick to my stomach thinking about how Pittsburgh was just handed a Superbowl on a Silver Platter.

dude, the ref saw the replay and still chose to lie. You have absolutely 0 logic.

The replay was clear fumble and the ref refused to accept that.

This is a bribe, not a human mistake. The human mistake was the wrong call, then the bribe was to keep that wronmg call stand.

You and others who believe that the refs didn't get paid to call the game have no proof at that at all. What is you logic behind all this?

Here you are going all Mr Spock on us again.

I cannot prove that they didn't take bribes any more than you can prove that they did.

You think it's logical to assume he took money to make sure GB won?

I think it makes more sense that he is either a crap ref or he holds some desire to see GB win. The logistics of paying off a ref/taking a bribe are quite tangled and extraordinarily risky. No logic to that train of thought at all.

Oh make no doubt that something was fishy in that game. I sure hope they slap the ref with a big fine and suspend him. Tell you this, if GB fans noticed it, thats not good. I was rooting for lil Manning, but those calls were blatant! Pee poor refing. I was jumping up and down in my living room cursing the refs for not calling rtp hits on Manning, pi on GB cb and that fumble! How could anyone say that wasnt a fumble. Watch him as he says its not a fumble. His face says it all. He knew what he was doing. No doubt. Ive done some profiling and have been to school on micro experssions, he showed it.