Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning-No Feeling In Tips Of throwing Hand!

King Colt

Peter King just said on PTI that Manning has no feeling in his throwing hand finger tips. I was aware of his injuries but not that. We have all thrown baseballs, footballs and basketballs and I cannot conceive how anyone let alone a HOF QB can throw a ball with dead finger tips. That to me is nearly impossible and may account for the lack of a spiral. I wonder if King was exaggerating and he does actually have a little feeling or he actually does not have any feeling.. How would you even pick up a penny if you weren't looking at it if you could not feel it??

He said that all long ago this year , & had that ever since surgery actually, especially in the cold

I doubt King exacerbates, I had the procedure and can be numb indoors actually from neck down all pins & needles sensarions but hands and fingertips , forget it, doctor sticks needles in  to test and ask if dull or sharp, i say quite dull

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

Peter King just said on PTI that Manning has no feeling in his throwing hand finger tips. I was aware of his injuries but not that. We have all thrown baseballs, footballs and basketballs and I cannot conceive how anyone let alone a HOF QB can throw a ball with dead finger tips. That to me is nearly impossible and may account for the lack of a spiral. I wonder if King was exaggerating and he does actually have a little feeling or he actually does not have any feeling.. How would you even pick up a penny if you weren't looking at it if you could not feel it??

Old news

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As Phil Collins would say, Just give me one more night, one more night!! As Jvan said it is old news though. He hasn't had feeling in his fingers for a couple of years now.

Your Phil Collins line made me chuckle CBE. :D

2 can play at this Collins song titles game my friend. Peyton would say "I don't care anymore" because following  my 4 neck surgeries I grip the football with an "invisible touch" anyway. However ,that won't really matter since "against all odds" I expect acquiring my 2nd ring will just be "another day in Paradise" on Sunday night. 

Okay, one more Collins round....We all know that Peyton would admit that "I can't dance" living in rocky mountain high country, but that's okay because even though most reporters live in "a land of confusion" about the Panthers pass rushers & their dominance it's fine as long as you "don't lose my number" at the SB post press conference to call #18 after he achieves what was once believed impossible. 

40 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

2 can play at this Collins song titles game my friend. Peyton would say "I don't care anymore" because following  my 4 neck surgeries I grip the football with an "invisible touch" anyway. However ,that won't really matter since "against all odds" I expect acquiring my 2nd ring will just be "another day in Paradise" on Sunday night. 

Okay, one more Collins round....We all know that Peyton would admit that "I can't dance" living in rocky mountain high country, but that's okay because even though most reporters live in "a land of confusion" about the Panthers pass rushers & their dominance it's fine as long as you "don't lose my number" at the SB post press conference to call #18 after he achieves what was once believed impossible. 

:pcsmash:   haha

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

:pcsmash:   haha

Some guys are skilled at statistical analysis, others are well versed in NFL history. Me, I have a knack for off the wall music tie ins especially when I'm in a goofy mood. 

I'm glad you enjoyed my foolishness CC1. I have my moments. :yahoo:

In all seriousness, it bothers me that so many critics think that Manning & the Broncos are toast vs Carolina. Just line up & play already. Just because Denver lost in the last SB with Peyton at the reins doesn't mean the outcome will duplicate itself in the end. This time will be different NFL pundits. 

I heard Dan Patrick talking to Rich Einsen today about how Peyton realizes that the Broncos are defensive based team now, the QB isn't expected to hoist them on his shoulders anymore, & being out saddled with a foot injury was a good thing for Peyton because it taught him how to re-assess what he excelled at & what he struggled with. 

To quote actor Clint Eastwood, "A man's got to know his limitations." Peyton knows his age & father time play a role in where he's at now & I applaud him for adjusting accordingly. His mind & photographic memory is his best asset despite what he may not feel with his fingertips. I just have an intuition that Manning & the Broncos are going to surprise a lot of people. The SB is just a matter of remaining loose, trusting your teammates, & making fewer mistakes than your opponent for 3 hours. 

I respect what Ron Rivera, Cam Newton, & Greg Olson have done. But, I just have a quiet confidence that Manning & the Broncos are due. Chalk it up to being blessed by the football gods if you want. It's time. 

27 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Some guys are skilled at statistical analysis, others are well versed in NFL history. Me, I have a knack for off the wall music tie ins especially when I'm in a goofy mood. 

I'm glad you enjoyed my foolishness CC1. I have my moments. :yahoo:

In all seriousness, it bothers me that so many critics think that Manning & the Broncos are toast vs Carolina. Just line up & play already. Just because Denver lost in the last SB with Peyton at the reins doesn't mean the outcome will duplicate itself in the end. This time will be different NFL pundits. 

It seems they think Manning is the Lamb who lies down on broadway? :dunno:

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It seems they think Manning is the Lamb who lies down on broadway? :dunno:

Ah huh. To listen to so many experts, they act like it's a foregone conclusion that Peyton will crumble & Cam will soar. Why can't that script be flipped on it's head?

Besides, the beauty of SBs revolves around halftime adjustments & momentum swings anyway. Every game even every QTR takes on a life of it's own. The key is just to maintain your cool & keep your composure. 

19 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Ah huh. To listen to so many experts, they act like it's a foregone conclusion that Peyton will crumble & Cam will soar. Why can't that script be flipped on it's head?

Besides, the beauty of SBs revolves around halftime adjustments & momentum swings anyway. Every game even every QTR takes on a life of it's own. The key is just to maintain your cool & keep your composure. 

Anything can and normally does when a super bowl is played.

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Great Post, love me some Phil. He was the man in the 80's!

18 hours ago, southwest1 said:

2 can play at this Collins song titles game my friend. Peyton would say

"Turn it On Again!"

(I know Genesis, but it is still Phil Collins!)

On topic, it was known the nerve had to regrow out and down his arm.  Nobody was sure it would ever completely heal, and it appears it really hasn't.  But is was good enough (as was Peyton) to make it functional; with limitations.

I wish Peyton well in this upcoming Super Bowl.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great Post, love me some Phil. He was the man in the 80's!

Thanks brother. Yes, Phil did dominate the 80's &, for awhile in the 90's, he was still cranking out toe tapping hits. 

Not too many drummers can slide into the singer role seamlessly after Peter Gabriel left Genesis either & fit the bill like a tailor made glove but Mr. Collins did just that as you know CBE. 

43 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

"Turn it On Again!"

(I know Genesis, but it is still Phil Collins!)

On topic, it was known the never had to regrow out and down his arm.  Nbody was sure it would ever completely heal, and it appears it hasn't.  But is was good enough (as was Peyton) to make it functional; with limitations.

I wish Peyton well in this upcoming Super Bowl.

Nice. No worries CBFL. Phil was a integral part go the band Genesis so that a perfectly acceptable answer my man. 

I read ya. There's no way I'm not rooting for "the sheriff" either. Nothing against Cam, but Peyton put INDY football on the map & for that, any blue horse fan is forever indebted to Manning.