Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine staying in Indy thru 2020

Cynjin

I look at athletes coming from difficult circumstances and one would think it is easier to drive and find cheaper accomodation in Indy than in big cities, even if it is their parents paying for it. Big Ten, east coast and SEC guys should find it easier to get here, the only issues are those coming from the west coast and neighboring west/southwest states, IMO.

Does the NCAA pay for these athletes to get to the combine? I would think the student athletes, if they have represented the institutions well, should be paid to get to the combine because there is a smaller number of them that get invited than the entire football team.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I look at athletes coming from difficult circumstances and one would think it is easier to drive and find cheaper accomodation in Indy than in big cities, even if it is their parents paying for it. Big Ten, east coast and SEC guys should find it easier to get here, the only issues are those coming from the west coast and neighboring west/southwest states, IMO.

Does the NCAA pay for these athletes to get to the combine? I would think the student athletes, if they have represented the institutions well, should be paid to get to the combine because there is a smaller number of them that get invited than the entire football team.

What do you think?

The nfl pays for it,  not their parents 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

What do you think?

I don't think the NCAA should pay for them, the NFL should. If you are invited, the league should pay.

Maybe they already do.

And I'm glad the combine stays in Indy...Centrally located,indoors....no reason to change it

1 hour ago, USAFHoosier said:

It makes sense logistically to have the combine in Indy.

Exactly correct. Did some digging for the reason the Combine has been in Indy since 1987. The first year of the league wide Combine was in New Orleans. Then to Arizona, then Indianapolis. It has stayed in the city since because of it's central location in the U.S. But more importantly, it's the outstanding hospitality that the city provides to all teams from the owners down to water boys & the ever increasing media & fans.

Indianapolis knows Combines! You sure do, Indy! Forge on!