Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Peyton potential new owner of the Titans

SkyBane

18 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

I know Manning is rich, but is he NFL-owner rich? Seems like wishful thinking from the Titans brass.

Agreed..Peyton does not have THAT KIND of money..

But he would be a figurehead ....the public face of management.

This assumes Peyton wants to be a team owner. He's never been open about what he wants to do beyond his playing career and what if Houston calls him and says 'cant you play one more year here?' .

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Agreed..Peyton does not have THAT KIND of money..

But he would be a figurehead ....the public face of management.

This assumes Peyton wants to be a team owner. He's never been open about what he wants to do beyond his playing career and what if Houston calls him and says 'cant you play one more year here?' .

He would be an * if he tried to play another year in the NFL, and I don't think he is. His playing days are absolutely done after this year, and were arguably done after last year, and everyone knows it. The "what next?" question is more relevant than ever.

2 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

He would be an * if he tried to play another year in the NFL, and I don't think he is. His playing days are absolutely done after this year, and were arguably done after last year, and everyone knows it. The "what next?" question is more relevant than ever.

Who are you to question if Manning plays another year and if he does calling him an **? Manning was hurt all season and still is. His team just won home field advantage in the AFC> Everyone knows he didn't play well but he is still playing.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Everyone knows he didn't play well

Exactly, the team's success (predicated largely on a successful defense) has nothing to do with Manning. He can no longer play at the level he's accustomed, and injuries are going to be an ever mounting concern as the wear and tear grows. The increased injury risk from playing at his age, along with the inability to play at a high level week to week, means he would just be disappointing himself trying to play another year.

Deep down you know it's true, whether you want to admit it or not.

Just now, SkyBane said:

Exactly, the team's success (predicated largely on a successful defense) has nothing to do with Manning. He can no longer play at the level he's accustomed, and injuries are going to be an ever mounting concern as the wear and tear grows. The increased injury risk from playing at his age, along with the inability to play at a high level week to week, means he would just be disappointing himself trying to play another year.

Deep down you know it's true, whether you want to admit it or not.

It's not a point for me to admit anything. I am not Manning. It is his choice, not yours. If he gets healthy this off season and decides to play again why would you call him an **?

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

It's not a point for me to admit anything. I am not Manning. It is his choice, not yours. If he gets healthy this off season and decides to play again why would you call him an **?

Someone with more sense than him apparently.

Though I shouldn't say that, the Manning defense force is going to be on me for that.

1 hour ago, SkyBane said:

Someone with more sense than him apparently.

Though I shouldn't say that, the Manning defense force is going to be on me for that.

First you call him an **, now you question his sense? It's apparent you have no respect for Manning so I guess you ask for any comments coming your way

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

First you call him an **, now you question his sense? It's apparent you have no respect for Manning so I guess you ask for any comments coming your way

I have plenty of respect for Manning, enough to believe he'll retire after this season. His fans on this forum can be zealous to the point of blind, however.

On 1/20/2016 at 11:25 AM, jvan1973 said:

He would be part of an ownership group.  He would have plenty of investors if that is something he wants to do

But NFL rules state that one person has to own 50% of the team with the exception of the packers because they where grandfathered in.

The Manning's have hundreds of millions of dollars.  But it usually takes closer to a billion to own an NFL team.

I don't think this comes to pass.  

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

9 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

But NFL rules state that one person has to own 50% of the team with the exception of the packers because they where grandfathered in.

The Manning's have hundreds of millions of dollars.  But it usually takes closer to a billion to own an NFL team.

I don't think this comes to pass.  

They're ways around things like that.  A company can be formed with a few investors and the team can be owned by the company.   Much like the Titans are now

7 hours ago, SkyBane said:

5 hours ago, SkyBane said:

I have plenty of respect for Manning, enough to believe he'll retire after this season. His fans on this forum can be zealous to the point of blind, however.

These two bolded statements do not jive.

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Who are you to question if Manning plays another year and if he does calling him an **? Manning was hurt all season and still is. His team just won home field advantage in the AFC> Everyone knows he didn't play well but he is still playing.

I think Houston's defense is solid......obviously...and, well, we saw what they had at QB in the playoffs against KC.

I have no idea but I think Peyton wants one more chance to run the offense the way he wants to.

To be honest, I don't want to see Peyton vs. Luck twice a year..its hard to watch.

But Houston isn't paying a QB 20 mil right now....They KNOW they are AFC contenders...They have an all-pro left tackle (Duane Brown) and an all-pro wide receiver (DeAndre Hopkins).

If you are Texans management and Denver cuts Peyton, you have to , at least, make the call.

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think Houston's defense is solid......obviously...and, well, we saw what they had at QB in the playoffs against KC.

I have no idea but I think Peyton wants one more chance to run the offense the way he wants to.

To be honest, I don't want to see Peyton vs. Luck twice a year..its hard to watch.

But Houston isn't paying a QB 20 mil right now....They KNOW they are AFC contenders...They have an all-pro left tackle (Duane Brown) and an all-pro wide receiver (DeAndre Hopkins).

If you are Texans management and Denver cuts Peyton, you have to , at least, make the call.

I cant debate that. If they are willing to gamble with that call if it came to that I have no problem. Manning does not scare the Colts. How many times has he beat the Colts? If Manning cant beat the Colts with Denver's defense then I am not too worried about the Texans with Manning. It takes more than JJ Watt. His popularity has effected his play on the field. He is ask to play positions that his talent level is not suited for. JJ Watt is not a TE, RB or a WR. I hope the Texans just keep using him in any position they want to. More snaps in those positions, the less snaps at what he is good at in the long run.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I cant debate that. If they are willing to gamble with that call if it came to that I have no problem. Manning does not scare the Colts. How many times has he beat the Colts? If Manning cant beat the Colts with Denver's defense then I am not too worried about the Texans with Manning. It takes more than JJ Watt. His popularity has effected his play on the field. He is ask to play positions that his talent level is not suited for. JJ Watt is not a TE, RB or a WR. I hope the Texans just keep using him in any position they want to. More snaps in those positions, the less snaps at what he is good at in the long run.

Warm weather division....indoors in Indy..

Denver and Peyton did beat the Colts..but that's not the issue...

Its about whether a team feels he can help them

Houston has a lot more on defense than just JJ Watt  and they've beaten us without Peyton

Peyton or Brian Hoyer.  Its not a big gamble

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Warm weather division....indoors in Indy..

Denver and Peyton did beat the Colts..but that's not the issue...

Its about whether a team feels he can help them

Houston has a lot more on defense than just JJ Watt  and they've beaten us without Peyton

Peyton or Brian Hoyer.  Its not a big gamble

I guess you haven't been watching too much of Peyton playing. Yes he has been injured but before that he really didn't look like the Manning in your mind.

22 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess you haven't been watching too much of Peyton playing. Yes he has been injured but before that he really didn't look like the Manning in your mind.

Ive heard that for 4 years....Doesn't matter what he looks like to you or me. He's 8-2 as a starter

....and I guess you didnt see Houston's home playoff with KC