Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update On Spagnoulo

BProland85

Any word on him as far as where he is interviewing and such? He has been fired for at least a week now and havent heard any rumblings where he might land. I definately want to bring him in, especially if we stay pat with Caldwell as our HC. We need to have a good defense again and I feel Spags would get the best out of guys like Hughes, Wheeler, Jamaal Anderson, etc.

There were rumblings of him going to the Giants or to the Eagles. Fewell seems like he will be staying in New York, so that makes the Eagles the leaders to get him, I assume. However, Grigs was from the Eagles and might have some connection with Spags, so it might be possible that Grigs brings Spags to Indy

Any word on him as far as where he is interviewing and such? He has been fired for at least a week now and havent heard any rumblings where he might land. I definately want to bring him in, especially if we stay pat with Caldwell as our HC. We need to have a good defense again and I feel Spags would get the best out of guys like Hughes, Wheeler, Jamaal Anderson, etc.

good defense again?????? when did we have a good defense....we need a complete defense not this bandage defense..

At Nfl.com going to be interviewed for Falcons, guess nothing going to change for Colts with coaching or schemes.

Here's the thing, till we decide what we are going to do with Caldwell our hands are tied. Caldwell isn't going to be able to go out and get a DC till that DC Knows if Caldwell is coming back or not.

Also just because if we don't get Spagnoulo doesn't mean that nothing is going to change in regards to our coaching or the schemes. Frankly with a new GM in place lots of things are probably going to change.

If we do keep Caldwell I'll give you a name to keep an eye on for the DC job. Tom Bradley. Jim Caldwell was on a staff at Penn State and Bradley did prove himself to be a good DC at Penn State. I have nothing to base that on and it's pure speculation but I wouldn't be shocked if we bring him in if we keep Caldwell.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't think you read that in the right context. It was in response to:     I'm genuinely asking what happens if Shrader plays like a franchise kicker/hits a game winner and Gay says he's ready in the next few weeks (even though he's still recovering). What are our options in that situation if we aren't ready to chance it with him coming back and letting Shrader possibly get pulled to another team? Are we willing to let Shrader go (I'm not saying he is a franchise kicker, just throwing a scenario out there) for a guy that many on here say is overpaid, that is north of 30 and recovering from surgery? If Shrader plays big while Gay is out, it's a predicament they are going to have to think on, in my opinion.    I'm not at all saying anyone is going to force Gay. I'm on the other end of it. What if Gay is trying to force us to let him play while a rookie is balling out in his position? And just for arguments sake... We had Matt Gay on our practice squad in 2020 when he was pulled to the Rams and played big for them. How many potential franchise kickers are we willing to let get pulled off practice squads or waivers while we watch ours struggle through injuries? Seems to be a trend.
    • Oh. I know. But he has to step in to be a starter now.     I think I would prefer Willis over Siemian. Siemian is not good. I believe Tannehill, Ridder, and maybe Winston are better.     I agree. It will not be easy. The NFC North teams have brutal schedules. Green Bay has the Colts, Tennessee and then the Vikings. Not too difficult. The Vikings have the 49ers, Texans, then GB the next three weeks after tomorrow.
    • Syracuse got zero votes last week and took down Ga Tech who was at 22. McCord is putting up Madden numbers after two games with 750 yards and 8 tds. Oronde Gasden Jr may be the best TE in the nation if not def on a short list. Their D played much better then last week and now have some more winnable games (Though UNLV may be the best Group of 5 team in the nation).
    • While I'm not a professional athlete and I'm old as hades this hernia is nothing to take lightly.  I had surgery to repair a 6 inch hernia 4 weeks ago.  It was very painful and it takes at least 8 weeks before I can lift anything over 10 lbs.  I found out that males are more prone to have hernias because of how our bodies develop before birth.  Just some information.   
    • There is a strong incentive to play off more than what seems wise to us, but the idea is to do our best to eliminate long plays.  Then if it comes to the red zone we win and hold them to field goals.  We need 4+ sacks.
  • Members