Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blowing the chance to get a good draft pick

James

Just now, ColtsUrUs said:

LOL it's going to be funny seeing you and other people typing about who we missed on and wanting to draft. haha

I don't put that much thought in the draft tbh. I care more about development. So I don't care who we get or where we pick. I just want the coaching staff to develop that player so that he'd play to the best of his ability. I have a St. Louis Cardinal/Green Bay Packer way of thinking.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that a good draft pick is determined by a GM and scouts with a good eye on talent and the coachings staff ability to take that player to the next level. Many of the teams in the bottom 5 the last decade have been able to be more successful than the top 5 in the past decade:

Bottom 5:

Packers-these guys are always near the bottom all the time and theyve picked up Clay Matthews and so many players i cant even name them all.

Patriots-No need for explanation but theyve been in the bottom of the board since 2001.

Top 5 examples:

Texans-They can never get their act together.

Browns-......no explanation

Titans-theyre just horrible in every area possible. Atleast the Browns have a defense.

Jaguars: Theyve finally picked it up. They came in around the same time as the Ravens and Baltimore has 2 Super Bowls already.

7 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

Top 5 examples:

Texans-They can never get their act together.

Browns-......no explanation

Titans-theyre just horrible in every area possible. Atleast the Browns have a defense.

Jaguars: Theyve finally picked it up. They came in around the same time as the Ravens and Baltimore has 2 Super Bowls already.

you may want to edit the ravens/jaguars comparison. 

People would complain if we got the tenth pick if we could have gotten the eighth pick or the fifth if we could have gotten the third.

We could have just lost them all and gotten the first pick with that logic.

18th is a spot every year folks on here complain they wish they could of had compared to the late 20's where we normally pick. So stop with the 'oh we could have had the12th pick' or whatnot.

Being just below the halfway point in rd 1 is more than high enough if you know what you're doing drafting (that's an entirety different horse) to get a good player to start immediately.

On 12/27/2015 at 5:54 PM, crazycolt1 said:

You are not much of a Colt fan I take it? A true fan would never want their team to lose no matter.

Well, except for the time we wanted Andrew Luck. At the beginning of the season, expectations were still high despite Peyton's neck issues, but half-way into it, hell yea I was hoping we'd lose games! In hindsight, I'm even more glad, otherwise we would have gotten RGIII!

6 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Well, except for the time we wanted Andrew Luck. At the beginning of the season, expectations were still high despite Peyton's neck issues, but half-way into it, hell yea I was hoping we'd lose games! In hindsight, I'm even more glad, otherwise we would have gotten RGIII!

Even when the Colts wanted Luck they still played to win. They chose to win even with the chance of losing the #1 pick.