Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Thought On Fisher

turner46992

This could be another Mangini situation when Browns GM who came on board to review him then kept him on after going 5 and 11, then fired him after another 5 and 11 season. Do we really want to go through that for a season?

No. I'm all for getting rid of Caldwell now but like I said IF we are starting Luck next year I think we will struggle a bit even if we hire a good coach. I would rather just hire somebody NOW and get the ball rolling. Caldwell is not the long term answer and I hope either Grigson or Irsay already realizes this.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now it appears he is taking the Rams job, and the holdup was that he wanted the Dolphins job, but they wouldn't give him authority over the GM.

And that in a nutshell is the primary reason why I wasn't interested in him coming to the Colts in the first place. People accused Polian of trying to control the coach as if he was egotistically over-stepping his bounds. Whats OK about a coach looking for formal contracted authority to do the same thing in reverse? A lot of the "big name" coaches (ie: Bill Cowher, Andy Reid) always seek this. No thanks - just do your job.