Cincinnati (+ 3.5) @ Denver (12-28-15)

oldunclemark

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm real happy for Brock.

McCarron played well enough but after the first half, did not do much. Great boost of confidence for Brock. But Tom Brady, McCarron is not. He got the not turning over the ball part right but he still has to make plays.

I am happy for Brock before Bloody and AM try to pile on me. I wanted and needed Denver to win. I picked them to win the SB and it keeps the Colts alive too. I root for Brock but just think Peyton is still better. Scoring 20 points is still nothing to dance around too or brag about. That is About what Brock is worth = 20 points, I said that during the game. Great job to the kid though. A win is a win.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Brock has been good..but to go all the way..they have to go back to Peyton.

Kubiak has a hard decision to make.

'

'With Brocks' elbow hurt..I'd start Peyton against SD..and then decide

It's not like I don't like Brock. I think he is good but I just think if Denver has any chance at winning it all they need Peyton. It's mainly the experience factor.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's not like I don't like Brock. I think he is good but I just think if Denver has any chance at winning it all they need Peyton. It's mainly the experience factor.

Every QB has to get their first experience at some time. Brock makes the plays he needs to. If CJ had not fumbled and McManus had not shanked his kick, Brock would have given them enough of a margin of victory, IMO.

Against the Bengals D and Patriots D, he has made second half comebacks, nothing to sneeze about. Brock is more resilient than people give him credit for.

Osweiller has waited 3.5 yrs. for this chance and he looks like a kid with a future. McCarron looked good as well. Very tough way to lose a game of his magnitude. That late unnecessary roughness call where Cincy got hit for 15 is dumb. One large guy pushes another big guy to the ground out of bounds should be nothing or five yards at best. Who has ever been hurt on a play like that? If one guy throws a guy that's different but that play was not "roughness". The guy fell on his own. The McManess shank was hideous.

All great QB's have one stinker game a year and play well to outstanding for the other 15+ games. Brady does it. Rodgers does it. Manning did it.

This season  instead of having one stinker game a year Manning has had one good game. This year, it was against GB. He was a turnover machine for the rest and that's when he was supposedly healthy. You could apply this to the second half of last season as well when he figuratively fell off a cliff.

I'll take the game manager who doesn't turn the ball over constantly putting the D on it's heels and a 10 point handicap over experience. Not to mention he's less likely to get crushed behind Denver's abysmal line as, unlike Peyton, he can actually move. This isn't post 2006 Indy where Peyton could ssurvive with 1-2 seconds to throw after the snap. He is not that guy anymore, and this line is atrocious. Can't run block, can't pass block.

If Brock actually had an O-line that didn't blow, I think his numbers would be a whole lot better, too. He might be more than a game manager, but behind this line he's as good as anyone can hope to have especially being inexperienced. I challenge Brady or Rodgers to do much better with this line, "run game",  coach, and receivers who regularly drop everything apart from Sanders.

3 hours ago, Moose Of Woe said:

All great QB's have one stinker game a year and play well to outstanding for the other 15+ games. Brady does it. Rodgers does it. Manning did it.

This season  instead of having one stinker game a year Manning has had one good game. This year, it was against GB. He was a turnover machine for the rest and that's when he was supposedly healthy. 

He was 7-2 as a starter..and he was strong at Indy

You don't need Manning to be great.....

Kubiak is trying to get Manning 100%....You dont need a good game.

You just need wins. That's why you play him.

..again. that's .if your goal is to win the Super Bowl and not just prove a point

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

..again. that's .if your goal is to win the Super Bowl and not just prove a point

If your goal is to win the Super Bowl, proving some kind of point would be starting the guy who has thrown more picks than everyone else despite only playing half the games. That's insane.

Although if Den is serious about winning the SB they need to do something about their O-line, fast. They should start by dumping their terrible OT and signing some no name off the street. Could not be worse.

15 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Cincy has a decision to make.

McCarron or Andy?

No mark just no. Dalton is a young QB still in his prime. If his thumb heals up in time you absolutely put him out there asap without thinking twice.

Cincy went from SB contention to maybe one and done again just based on a freaking thumb.