Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Favorite Players 2016 Draft

I thought that it would be interesting to see what players you all love. Doesn't have to be someone the Colts might select or have a chance at selecting, just your favorite players in the draft. 

1. Andrew Billings-Baylor-DT. This guy is an athletic freak. Will turn and chase ball carriers way into the second level of the defense and make the tackle. Absolutely incredible. Lives in the backfield and can rush the passer. Who doesn't love a big athletic DT?

2. Myles Jack-UCLA-LB. Another superb athlete. Great coverage skills and speed to cover side line to sideline. Tackles with authority and makes a ton of plays. 

3. Mackenzie Alexander-Clemson-CB. Living in SC I've watched a few of his games. Need to watch more tape but I loved what I did see. Looked like a shutdown corner. 

Late Rounder-James Conner-Pitt-RB. Unfortunately was diagnosed with lymphoma. Will most likely return to school or enter 2017 draft. Wishing him a speedy recovery 

1. Jack Conklin-Love everything about his game. Powerful guy with great technique. Ideal RT. Performed really well against top defensive players this season.

2. Jaylon Smith-I've seen no flaw in his game. Can cover, blitz, go sideline to sideline, etc...Looks like a plug and play starter and a future team captain. I've also read great things about his character.

3. Emmanuel Ogbah- This guy is a game wrecker. They moved him around a lot at OSU and he's been effective everywhere. He dominated Cody Whitehair in their matchup.

4. Shalique Calhoun- I was a little hard on him earlier this year. Thought he was phoning it in . But he proved everything he needed to in the Big 10 championship. I think he's one of the top 5 pass rushers in this draft.

13 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Jaylon Smith

Sheldon Rankins

Jalen Ramsey

Vernon Hargreaves

Jason Spriggs

Joe Haeg

Ezekial Elliott

Pat Eflein

Jordan Jenkins

Vonn Bell

Tell me more about Haeg. His name has been popping up a lot recently. I got him in a recent FanSpeak mock but just recognized the name.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Tell me more about Haeg. His name has been popping up a lot recently. I got him in a recent FanSpeak mock but just recognized the name.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25288078/meet-the-prospect-north-dakota-state-left-tackle-joe-haeg

He is basically a very athletic tackle who just needs to get stronger to anchor against bull rushers. Indy could use another good athlete at OT who can add muscle over time.

On 12/7/2015 at 5:50 PM, Defjamz26 said:

1. Jack Conklin-Love everything about his game. Powerful guy with great technique. Ideal RT. Performed really well against top defensive players this season.

2. Jaylon Smith-I've seen no flaw in his game. Can cover, blitz, go sideline to sideline, etc...Looks like a plug and play starter and a future team captain. I've also read great things about his character.

3. Emmanuel Ogbah- This guy is a game wrecker. They moved him around a lot at OSU and he's been effective everywhere. He dominated Cody Whitehair in their matchup.

4. Shalique Calhoun- I was a little hard on him earlier this year. Thought he was phoning it in . But he proved everything he needed to in the Big 10 championship. I think he's one of the top 5 pass rushers in this draft.

I just watched  Ogbah vs Oklahoma - he looked awfully slow to me, sometimes outright lethargic.  He's okay as a edge rusher, but I'm not in love with him or anything.  Am I missing anything?  Bad game maybe?

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I just watched  Ogbah vs Oklahoma - he looked awfully slow to me, sometimes outright lethargic.  He's okay as a edge rusher, but I'm not in love with him or anything.  Am I missing anything?  Bad game maybe?

Yeah bad game. Watch him against Kansas State. He goes up against Cody Whitehair who is playing LT but is thought to be the best OG prospect in the draft.

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah bad game. Watch him against Kansas State. He goes up against Cody Whitehair who is playing LT but is thought to be the best OG prospect in the draft.

Ah, now I see it.  Much better game.  The speed was there and there was a tremendous difference compared to the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State game.  Dude is a stud.

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Ah, now I see it.  Much better game.  The speed was there and there was a tremendous difference compared to the Oklahoma/Oklahoma State game.  Dude is a stud.

Yeah it's my favorite tape of him because he's going against a top competitor and they stand him up a few times and show his flexibility.

I'm trying to remember what his other game I saw was that blew me away.

• 2 weeks later...