Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next season NFL will raise 143.28 million salary cap to 150-153 million

12isthenew18

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Yep we knew this would happen. This gives us more room to take care of our own guys and go after Von Miller and Alex Mack.

Exactly, COLTS449. The Colts would be more than exuberant to get after an ILB. A playmaker. A game changer. A stud. A BEAST. Defense starts there, IMO. Wouldn't hurt to also find that type of player for DE. Cover the middle/run/and can pass rush. (ILB) Same with pass rusher & run. (DE)

The battery of any good starting defense lies in these two positions.

1 hour ago, ColtRider said:

Exactly, COLTS449. The Colts would be more than exuberant to get after an ILB. A playmaker. A game changer. A stud. A BEAST. Defense starts there, IMO. Wouldn't hurt to also find that type of player for DE. Cover the middle/run/and can pass rush. (ILB) Same with pass rusher & run. (DE)

The battery of any good starting defense lies in these two positions.

In the draft I'm hoping for Jaylen Smith and Darrian Thompson in the first 2 rounds. I think our DL is perfect. Anderson and Parry will be much improved in their 2nd seasons then we have Langford who's had a really good season. I really like Billy Winn too. But with a draft like that all of a sudden we would have a few young stars on defense. In Free Agency Von Miller is expected to hit the open market. It makes perfect sense to sign him. I know a lot of major contracts aren't worth it but this one would be. Our main weakness is a star edge rusher and Miller is one of the best in the game. Think of a LB corps of Miller - DQ - Smith - Mathis. That LB corps with a DL of Anderson-Parry-Langford would give us a pretty damn dominant front 7. Run stuffers, game wreckers, playmakers and unstoppable rushers.

14 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

In the draft I'm hoping for Jaylen Smith and Darrian Thompson in the first 2 rounds. I think our DL is perfect. Anderson and Parry will be much improved in their 2nd seasons then we have Langford who's had a really good season. I really like Billy Winn too. But with a draft like that all of a sudden we would have a few young stars on defense. In Free Agency Von Miller is expected to hit the open market. It makes perfect sense to sign him. I know a lot of major contracts aren't worth it but this one would be. Our main weakness is a star edge rusher and Miller is one of the best in the game. Think of a LB corps of Miller - DQ - Smith - Mathis. That LB corps with a DL of Anderson-Parry-Langford would give us a pretty damn dominant front 7. Run stuffers, game wreckers, playmakers and unstoppable rushers.

Yep. You certainly want the tenacity of a Von Miller. Some think he's a little dirty in his play. That may very well be the case. However, the guy has/is/will continue to be a game wrecker. That's the kind of LB this team needs along with another good-very good to great pass rusher.

These are the catalyst positions. ILB = the defensive QB. DE sets up the flow & rhythm.

19 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

This will no doubt cause other teams to give Trent Richardson another chance. This topic is now about Trent Richardson.

The Mods will have to make it a sticky thread then.  Also, it will give that one poster an excuse to post again.  I don't remember his screen name, but I don't think he ever posted about anything except T Rich, bizarre.