Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IndyTrav

Did Calvin Johnsons first appearance in the playoffs catapult him into being the #1 WR in the NFL today? 12 catches. 211 yards. 2 TDs. After putting up 96/1681/16 in the regular season?

As a HUGE Calvin Johnson supporter, I'd still have to say no. I think the best WR in the NFL is Larry Fitzgerald. His playoff run in 2008 is still the greatest display of the WR position I have ever seen. 30/546/7Tds in 4 games, and every single one of them was at a crucial moment.

1. Fitz

2. Calvin

After those 2, you could really go anywhere.

Marshall, Wallace, White, Bowe, Nicks, Colston, Wayne, Stevie Johnson, Jennings, Welker, Smith.

Meh...1 game isn't going to do that, especially a loss in the Wildcard round. He's right up there with several of the guys you mentioned, but it's like everyone is waiting for one of them to emerge as the inarguable best in the game right now.

Fitz got >>>ed though. A WR is only as good as his QB. Look at how Smith suddenly became relevant again when he got a QB. Larry is in for a lot of disappointment.

In the last 3 years Larrys had Kurt Warner, Matt Lienhart,Derek Anderson, Max Hall, Richard Bartel, John Skelton, Kevin Kolb all start at least one game.....Fitz played in every game but one, 267/3640/27. Thats 89/1,200/9 a year. Thats impressive.

In the last 3 years Larrys had Kurt Warner, Matt Lienhart,Derek Anderson, Max Hall, Richard Bartel, John Skelton, Kevin Kolb all start at least one game.....Fitz played in every game but one, 267/3640/27. Thats 89/1,200/9 a year. Thats impressive.

Thats what I mean. He got >>>ed. If this dude had a Manning/Rogers/Brady/Brees, people would look at his stats in pure wonder. That revolving door of so-so QB's in Arizona has kept Larry from being a living legend.

I have to say yes...Calvin Johnson is the best WR in the league. He can do everything Larry Fitzgerald does...Except he's even FASTER. Calvin Johnson is ridiculous.

Not to take anything away from Fitzgerald, but I just think Calvin surpassed him this season.

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Andre Johnson

It doesn't even matter after that.

Did Calvin Johnsons first appearance in the playoffs catapult him into being the #1 WR in the NFL today? 12 catches. 211 yards. 2 TDs. After putting up 96/1681/16 in the regular season?

As a HUGE Calvin Johnson supporter, I'd still have to say no. I think the best WR in the NFL is Larry Fitzgerald. His playoff run in 2008 is still the greatest display of the WR position I have ever seen. 30/546/7Tds in 4 games, and every single one of them was at a crucial moment.

1. Fitz

2. Calvin

After those 2, you could really go anywhere.

Marshall, Wallace, White, Bowe, Nicks, Colston, Wayne, Stevie Johnson, Jennings, Welker, Smith.

I totally agree Fitz is 100% easily the best WR in the league. He produces superstar numbers with washed up QBs (warner) and bad QBs (kolb, skelton). Calvin IMO is just too inconsistant. And andre johnson is soooo overrated.

For those saying Fitz does great with bad QB's

Go look at CJ's numbers from the 08 season when they went 0-16. He did it with 3 different quarterbacks. I think they're about even 1a and 1b

Calvin has a nice 08. And I love Calvin, but he really isn't as consistent as Fitz. Calvin has Fitz beat on all physical intangible. Fitz has Calvin beat in everything else.

Fitz and his dual spin moves vs SF just shows me how graceful and fluid he is. His TD off a simple slant against Pitt in the SB. Perfection. He's just smooth.

http://www.nfl.com/g...ights&tab=recap edit* videos on right. Fitz Big Grab, Fitz TD.

gorgeous.