Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mort: Reports Surface Of Irsay Taking Luck No Doubt (Merge)

Phil J

Your right it should never go that far me and you have talked about this. I would be heated as well. It's all jealousy man don't let it get to you. They prob live in their moms basement and play computer games all night and day.

Ha!I'm guessing you're right about that!I think you're a good guy,and i appreciated the fact that you sent me a PM and explained yourself to me.I was never upset with you,just because we didn't share similiar opinions about football.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha!I'm guessing you're right about that!I think you're a good guy,and i appreciated the fact that you sent me a PM and explained yourself to me.I was never upset with you,just because we didn't share similiar opinions about football.

Likewise. I don't expect you to agree with all my opinions (even though im rarely wrong) but it doesn't mean you or anyone else for that matter deserves to be verbally attacked and disrespected. We are all on the same side here and that's the Indianapolis colts.

Likewise. I don't expect you to agree with all my opinions (even though im rarely wrong) but it doesn't mean you or anyone else for that matter deserves to be verbally attacked and disrespected. We are all on the same side here and that's the Indianapolis colts.

That's very refreshing.You're a decent and civil 'luck' supporter.I wish most could follow your example and try to do the right thing.Because all of us are COLT FANS(At least i hope...anyway).

There were loads of issues of being a "true fan or not" surrounding the Jaguars game which were ridiculous, but I think it's only right to question how much of an actual fan you are when you're willing to sell your team down the river without giving their professionally made decisions a chance. Stop jumping the gun, stop being so anti and support your team.

LOL - Ive said Luck = Leaf all year long. The very first post where supposed fans started changing suck for luck, I was saying I dont want Luck. Dont question my fan worthiness just because I can see through the hype of a player that will not succeed in this league.

LOL - Ive said Luck = Leaf all year long. The very first post where supposed fans started changing suck for luck, I was saying I dont want Luck. Dont question my fan worthiness just because I can see through the hype of a player that will not succeed in this league.

I just don't understand it. The man hasn't even taken an NFL snap yet and people are already melting the bronze for his Hall of Fame bust.

I just don't understand it. The man hasn't even taken an NFL snap yet and people are already melting the bronze for his Hall of Fame bust.

What makes the two of you any better than the people you condemn for already labeling him a superstar? You're both making assumptions of his career just as people who say he's guaranteed success are. You're on exactly the same level, I hope you realise?

What makes the two of you any better than the people you condemn for already labeling him a superstar? You're both making assumptions of his career just as people who say he's guaranteed success are. You're on exactly the same level, I hope you realise?

Because I've seen this same story over and over again. Every year there is another "greatest ever". It never changes. Very few of them ever live up to the hype and quarterbacks are notoriously likely to disappoint.

I agree totally.They're getting carried away with his measurables.This guy might not even make first string his rookie year or 2,3,4,5 or 6th for that matter.He shouldn't prepare his canton speech just yet or maybe he has...with 'luck' you never know.

Because I've seen this same story over and over again. Every year there is another "greatest ever". It never changes. Very few of them ever live up to the hype and quarterbacks are notoriously likely to disappoint.

That wasn't the point - the point is that you look down on somebody for saying he's an immediate superstar, yet you've already got his career planned out in your head as well. You're saying you're allowed to look down on people who already "know" how well his career will go because you think you know better? No? Well stop condemning people excited about his potential, and respect everybody's opinion.

I agree totally.They're getting carried away with his measurables.This guy might not even make first string his rookie year or 2,3,4,5 or 6th for that matter.He shouldn't prepare his canton speech just yet or maybe he has...with 'luck' you never know.

It's not so much his measurables. His numbers are very similar to a lot of college QBs. It's the more subtle things that the scouts are fascinated with, which is what gets the media hyping him which is what gets the public excited.

Klingler,carr,couch,russell,harrington and smith are just a few 'CAN'T MISS' greats :facepalm: .I compare luck to klingler,because they're very similiar prospects.

Klingler,carr,couch,russell,harrington and smith are just a few 'CAN'T MISS' greats :facepalm: .I compare luck to klingler,because they're very similiar prospects.

You left Leaf off that list ... thank goodness we didnt select him over Manning. The football gods are giving us another opportunity will we select Leaf errrr Luck this time? TRADE the pick Irsay - trade the pick!

In what way?

Irsay loses nothing by intimating his interest for Luck and gains everything. It's exactly what he has to say. If he were to announce his intention to trade the pick it might reduce his leverage. The way Irsay is playing the game teams have to bring something big just to get his attention and bring him to the table. They have to up the offer just to initiate the negotiations.

Since some people are so convinced this is a "smokescreen" somebody please explain to me how on earth pretending we want Luck(when we really don't) would somehow increase his value? It don't make a bit of sense. We have the 1st pick and nobody can take that away unless the the Colts wanted to. They have all the leverage they will ever need and there is no possible way that Luck could be anymore hyped than he already is. Any GM that would be interested in trading already knows exactly what they would offer for the pick. It makes much more sense to let teams know they 'were' interested in trading the pick if thats what they intended to do. No way would they draw more out of teams by just pretending they wanted the pick.

MOST people aren't...... The majority of people know how solid he is, but I do agree it's to tough to tell how he will fair in the NFL. People were saying Tebow is a bust but he has easily proven them wrong. IF Luck is positively a bust like Ryan Leaf then I'm sure he won't have a problem sitting on the bench for 4-5 years learning behind Manning :wave: . I personally think the guy will be VERY good, however I'm not a Luck bandwagoner, I wouldn't mind trading him for a TON of picks, but also wouldn't mind keeping him. I trust in the organization to make the right decision.

Since some people are so convinced this is a "smokescreen" somebody please explain to me how on earth pretending we want Luck(when we really don't) would somehow increase his value? It don't make a bit of sense. We have the 1st pick and nobody can take that away unless the the Colts wanted to. They have all the leverage they will ever need and there is no possible way that Luck could be anymore hyped than he already is. Any GM that would be interested in trading already knows exactly what they would offer for the pick. It makes much more sense to let teams know they 'were' interested in trading the pick if thats what they intended to do. No way would they draw more out of teams by just pretending they wanted the pick.

It's negotiation, not some crazy conspiracy theory.

MOST people aren't...... The majority of people know how solid he is, but I do agree it's to tough to tell how he will fair in the NFL. People were saying Tebow is a bust but he has easily proven them wrong. IF Luck is positively a bust like Ryan Leaf then I'm sure he won't have a problem sitting on the bench for 4-5 years learning behind Manning :wave: . I personally think the guy will be VERY good, however I'm not a Luck bandwagoner, I wouldn't mind trading him for a TON of picks, but also wouldn't mind keeping him. I trust in the organization to make the right decision.

Let's not get crazy here. He should try completing more then half his passes in a season before putting the bust label forever to rest.

It's negotiation, not some crazy conspiracy theory.

Who said anything about conspiract theory? In fact, I think my post is about as to the point as possible. No conspiracy theory at all, Like I said, the Colts hold all the cards. No need what so ever to play games.

Who said anything about conspiract theory? In fact, I think my post is about as to the point as possible. No conspiracy theory at all, Like I said, the Colts hold all the cards. No need what so ever to play games.

Doesn't that mean we agree? Irsay will not tip his hand publicly and is unlikely to seek trade partners knowing they will come to him. Lets go the conspiracy route just for kicks, lets say Manning is completely healthy and set to start for 4 more years. Colts have much to gain by pretending to want Luck. The more the Colts appear to want to deal the pick the less value it will have.

If the Colts want to trade at all.

Doesn't that mean we agree? Irsay will not tip his hand publicly and is unlikely to seek trade partners knowing they will come to him. Lets go the conspiracy route just for kicks, lets say Manning is completely healthy and set to start for 4 more years. Colts have much to gain by pretending to want Luck. The more the Colts appear to want to deal the pick the less value it will have.

If the Colts want to trade at all.

I don't really agree about your proposed scenario. I just don't think there is any way to lesson a potential deal for the top pick. Luck has had the hype for 2 yrs. now as most would agree he would have been the 1st pick in the 2011 draft if he would have came out then. If GM's of other teams want him bad enough they are gonna offer the farm whether the Colts want to trade it or not.

Uhhhh ohhhh

I stand by my statement, he did a good job throwing the deep ball today but he needs to do a better job moving the chains against the stacked fronts he faces. 10/21 is right around his typical accuracy, not something you can accept from a longterm NFL starter. He'll get better or he'll lose his job when someone better comes along.

Im curious where did Mort hear this?

Jim Irsay 14hrs ago... "There has been no discussion of a deadline push,n just like '98 with Manning/Leaf..u have 2 go thru a long,disciplined process of evaluation"

that doesnt sound to me like irsay is set on any QB yet

Jim Irsay, you can have the best of both worlds. Manning & luck or Manning & RG3. Either is a slam Dunk. The factor is Manning. Manning was throwing in a closed practice last month and was said by those attending that things were looking good. Can anyone read the D or make changes at the line better than Manning? Maybe Brady. This takes years! Losing made me sick this year and I imagine it did for you also. With Manning were winning the south next year and returning to the playoffs. Thats where we need to be. To be in it to win it. While we still have a chance to win now, we should go for it. Manning will retire next year after winning the super bowl for the colts. Keep Manning/draft Luck= Win now/Win for future. You can have the best of both worlds Mr. Irsay, Don't let em tell ya you can't.