Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Come on, Irsay

azcolt

We have a one game advantage over everyone right now. 

What's the CEILING for Tennessee and Jacksonville? 6 games? Maybe. That's where I'm putting it. 

And somehow, the team that should have been our biggest competition within the division looks like they are going to fall even below that.

We can win this division at 6-10. 

We can! and WE will!!!!!!!! wait, wrong rallying cry....I need to work on that....

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read they have a 30 year lease with the city that's going to be 8 years old in 2016. It's a lease and leases can be broken or bought out in the case of a sale or change of ownership.Or simply Re done.all depends on the small print.billionaire owners and buyers don't have issues with some fines or penalties.never say never if there is a will there is a way

There is nether a will nor a way. Irsay isn't selling, the team isn't moving. The league also has to approve of a team moving.

Agreed. Honestly, heads need to roll.

Getting beat at home and by this Saints team is not acceptable. 0-20 at some point is simply pathetic.

Pagano is losing his mojo.  Getting beat at home is unacceptable with that loud crowd and a premier QB.  We should be destroying teams at home.  Looks like that Buffalo loss was a bad one too.  P-DITHS (pagano deer in the headlights syndrome)

I thinking Pittsburg.They seem to get it right over there.  52 years a colts fan now I've been and not much to show for all that time.Sad

Colts fan since 1984, so I will call you Sir since you have been since the 60's but 5 Final 4's and a SB Ring just doesn't cut it? Just asking? We have went to the AFC Title Games with 3 different QBs in Harbaugh, Peyton, and Andrew over the last 20 seasons. That is pretty respectable. Just take the bad with the great.

Slightly lower quality, and you have to pay for it.

I remember the ring contest irsay had after the 06 superbowl. That was pretty cool. I bought raffle tickets, unfortunately I didn't win

Oh yeah, I was yankin your chain.  Would have been nice to get in on that SB ring though.  My mom works for the press box, so she was able to buy one.  They have different classes of rings, the difference as I understood it was simply just size.  Depending on your position in the organization, you only got offered one of those 2 or 3 classes. She of course, got the lowest grade because of her position.  She wore it to the home games the following year, but since then, it's been stored away.  

Oh yeah, I was yankin your chain. Would have been nice to get in on that SB ring though. My mom works for the press box, so she was able to buy one. They have different classes of rings, the difference as I understood it was simply just size. Depending on your position in the organization, you only got offered one of those 2 or 3 classes. She of course, got the lowest grade because of her position. She wore it to the home games the following year, but since then, it's been stored away.

Still very cool

Colts fan since 1984, so I will call you Sir since you have been since the 60's but 5 Final 4's and a SB Ring just doesn't cut it? Just asking? We have went to the AFC Title Games with 3 different QBs in Harbaugh, Peyton, and Andrew over the last 20 seasons. That is pretty respectable. Just take the bad with the great.

Colt fan sonce 72, and there was alot of BAD until that mid 70's, 87 year, mid 90's and obvioulsy Peyton/Andrew Era. So, yes overall it's been very good with those playoff runs, but diasppointing to only have 1 ring. So many missed playoff opportunities with tremendous loses, and how those horror games were lost.

Colt fan sonce 72, and there was alot of BAD until that mid 70's, 87 year, mid 90's and obvioulsy Peyton/Andrew Era. So, yes overall it's been very good with those playoff runs, but diasppointing to only have 1 ring. So many missed playoff opportunities with tremendous loses, and how those horror games were lost.

We should've won in 2005 and 2009. We should've went 19-0 in 2009

We should've won in 2005 and 2009. We should've went 19-0 in 2009

You know, the funny thing is, for all of the crying about "wasted" opportunities during the Manning years, those two years are really it. This means only one morevSuper Bowl appearance than they had during that span.

We can (& do) cry about losing to the Saints on 2009, but any given Sunday. I think it unfair to term that year as a complete failure being that the Colts were arguably the best team ever during the regular season before making the unpopular decision to tank the last two games. Even doing that, though, they still had their way getting to the Super Bowl. In the Super Bowl they were having their way until a Garçon dropped pass and then the onside kick fiasco / 2nd half melt down. That was not some failed year, though, it was just one horrible half of play / any given Sunday thing.

So you have one big playoff upset in 2005 and one 2nd half meltdown in the Super Bowl in 2009. IF the Colts instead won in 2005 and 2009, then all of a sudden the Manning years were not squandered & the Colts of that era are viewed with greatness. This squandered years thing is WAY overblown. The Colts during the Manning years were one of the most successful teams ever. They made it to two Super Bowls and won one. Yeah, they should have made it to 3 or 4 and won at least two, but that the nature of football, any given Sunday.

I've been a Colts fan since 1966 and I cherish the success of the Manning years. I am hopeful the Luck years will be equally (or even more) successful, and we're off to a promising start to the Luck era (this year's start excepted). Sure, it looks like there needs to be changes, but it t bothers me when people say it's just like the Manning years all over again, with a negative connotation to the comment. I sure hope the Luck era will be at least as successful as the Manning years. If so, we're in for another great run, one that will be the envy of 25 - 29 other teams / cities!

There is nothing comparable in the two situations. The dolphins hated their coach. They are glad he is gone. The Colts players love Pagano. Things would only get worse. I could get behind letting chud take over the offense, but firing Pagano now won't make things better. And the dolphins have beat two bad teams. Let's see how their season plays out.

Sometimes, popular bosses are ineffective.

You know, the funny thing is, for all of the crying about "wasted" opportunities during the Manning years, those two years are really it. This means only one morevSuper Bowl appearance than they had during that span.

We can (& do) cry about losing to the Saints on 2009, but any given Sunday. I think it unfair to term that year as a complete failure being that the Colts were arguably the best team ever during the regular season before making the unpopular decision to tank the last two games. Even doing that, though, they still had their way getting to the Super Bowl. In the Super Bowl they were having their way until a Garçon dropped pass and then the onside kick fiasco / 2nd half melt down. That was not some failed year, though, it was just one horrible half of play / any given Sunday thing.

So you have one big playoff upset in 2005 and one 2nd half meltdown in the Super Bowl in 2009. IF the Colts instead won in 2005 and 2009, then all of a sudden the Manning years were not squandered & the Colts of that era are viewed with greatness. This squandered years thing is WAY overblown. The Colts during the Manning years were one of the most successful teams ever. They made it to two Super Bowls and won one. Yeah, they should have made it to 3 or 4 and won at least two, but that the nature of football, any given Sunday.

I've been a Colts fan since 1966 and I cherish the success of the Manning years. I am hopeful the Luck years will be equally (or even more) successful, and we're off to a promising start to the Luck era (this year's start excepted). Sure, it looks like there needs to be changes, but it t bothers me when people say it's just like the Manning years all over again, with a negative connotation to the comment. I sure hope the Luck era will be at least as successful as the Manning years. If so, we're in for another great run, one that will be the envy of 25 - 29 other teams / cities!

Yeah I agree, I have been a fan since 1984 so I have witnessed a lot as well. In 2003 and 2004 we just simply weren't the best team, the Patriots were and we just ran into a buzz saw in the Playoffs those years against a Great Defense, Great Coaching, Great SPTeams, and Tom in those days was 100% clutch in the Playoffs. In 2007 we weren't the best team either it was once again the Patriots, yes we lost to the Chargers at home but I seriously doubt we go to Foxboro and win the AFC Title Game. 2008 we were a WildCard and the Titans even had a better record so we were far from the best team. So yeah I would say 2005 and 2009 were really the only 2 real wasted opportunities but the difference between Peyton having 1 Ring and 3 is still a sizeable difference and now Tom even has 4. These first 3 years with Andrew have been fun to watch for me and his Rookie Season was shockingly solid, most rookies struggle when the team they go to was the worst in the league. We haven't been the best team in any of Andrew's 3 seasons as the Patriots, Seahawks, and Packers all have been better in every one of his seasons so despite some bashing on him none of Andrew's seasons have been wasted and more of trying to learn how to be great.