Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buffalo 17 penalities for 135 yards

amfootball

Terrible game, but your coach still says he's proud?  Sounds familiar....

Honestly, I don't get it. Rex's act just seems over done now. The bluster is hollow when his team shows up and shoots themselves in the foot time and time again. He was still talking about the Patriot game this week. I mean really? The Giants are coming to town and he is still talking about how the Pats laid a whooping on him.

Something seems off with the Bills. I thought initially they were strong defensively but now I am really doubting this. Even when they do beat up on a team (Colts/Dolphins) I feel they let them back in easily late in the second half.

Something seems off with the Bills. I thought initially they were strong defensively but now I am really doubting this. Even when they do beat up on a team (Colts/Dolphins) I feel they let them back in easily late in the second half.

Nobody blows a lead like Buffalo. Been like that since forever.

Rex did say in the off season he wanted to make a bully team and was purposely targeted trouble maker players at the time to build this defense. 

I like Rex Ryan, always have, but this seems like it could really kill Buffalo later in the year if they don't improve these issues. 

Rex did say in the off season he wanted to make a bully team and was purposely targeted trouble maker players at the time to build this defense. 

Yeah nothing wrong with wanting a bunch of tough guys, but if you're going to do that you need to teach them discipline/be able to reel them in order to WIN games. Not hope to just win through thugging along.

A team that usually gets it right are the Pats. Play chippy but if you let your emotions get the better of you and it's detrimental to WINNING you'll have a short stint there.

Defense hung in there for most of the game, but those stupid penalties (and a missed tackle on Jennings) did them in.

Outside of the defense, the offensive playcalling was atrocious. Bills had two trips to the red zone and came away with 0 points on both occasion. Much different game if they score there. They call practically the same play on the goal line 3 times and turn out shocked when they are stopped.

Does it really matter what the coach says after a loss?

Belichick had "We're on to Cincinnati." Is that better?

Today, O'Brien, who everyone has been praising since Hard Knocks, repeatedly said "I have to do a much better job of coaching this team." Is that better?

A loss is a loss. Doesn't really matter what the coach says in the presser. And it's especially irrelevant when the media by and large asks stupid questions, most of which are basically recycled every day.

Terrible game from the Bills today and yet Rex said he was proud of them. smh.

Love that he has to look up and see both the Pats and his former team ahead of him.

Its painful to watch Buffalo...so many good players but so many mistakes...

Still think they need a real quality QB..but there are other issues

Its painful to watch Buffalo...so many good players but so many mistakes...

Still think they need a real quality QB..but there are other issues

Yeah, I get why they hired Ryan in on way given he brought some excitement to Buffalo with his attitude and all but he has proven to not be a good HC and certainly not a coach that knows how to develop QBs although Taylor has had some nice flashes here and there but the team overall just can't harness its talent without committing fouls. And as good as the defense is, sending the blitz is not always going to work.

This is rather amusing. Apparently Coughlin told his team prior to the game that the Bills will beat themselves with penalties. He made this comment because of watching the film of the Pats/Bills game. Lol.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/10/tom_coughlin_reportedly_told_giants_players_buffalo_bills_would_beat_themselves.html#incart_most-commented_buffalo-bills_article

I like Rex Ryan, always have, but this seems like it could really kill Buffalo later in the year if they don't improve these issues. 

Not just the D, but he also recruited Richie Incognito ( the same one some here scream for Grigson's blood for not interviewing him) for his O line as well.  Too bad Incognito went illegally low on a defender that was already engaged with another Bills O lineman.   Nullified a 32 yd TD pass with a minute left that would have given Bills a chance for an onside kick-

1-10-NYG 32 (:57) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass deep middle to 85-C.Clay for 32 yards, TOUCHDOWN; NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on BUF-64-R.Incognito, Chop Block, 15 yards, enforced at NYG 32 - No Play.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.  The Rex Ryan way.

Not just the D, but he also recruited Richie Incognito ( the same one some here scream for Grigson's blood for not interviewing him) for his O line as well.  Too bad Incognito went illegally low on a defender that was already engaged with another Bills O lineman.   Nullified a 32 yd TD pass with a minute left that would have given Bills a chance for an onside kick-

1-10-NYG 32 (:57) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass deep middle to 85-C.Clay for 32 yards, TOUCHDOWN; NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on BUF-64-R.Incognito, Chop Block, 15 yards, enforced at NYG 32 - No Play.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.  The Rex Ryan way.

Yeah, I saw that play by Incognito....what a guy...