Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

C'mon man.

Black-Vell

Anyone that believes that going to a Super Bowl is necessary for job security doesn't understand how football works. We, the Colts, are an organization dealing with the stuff that Champions are made out of..........adversity. While its interesting to read how fans deal with adversity, (fire everybody), the future of our team will be determined by how the men that are in charge, handle being in charge moving forward.......together. The front office got into this position together, so why is anyone more responsible then anyone else.

Regardless of why, I see us at 0-2 because we simply have played some terrible football. Period. Throughout the history of he NFL, terrible football equals losses. And, both games we were still in it, until football karma caught up with us, which is the Offense not helping the Defense by being productive. Period. As a fan, I understand believing the hype the media put on us. I think that bandwagon hype is why many of you are here anyway, that's why so many people react so..........outrageously. But we are not even the biggest winless team, the real Super Bowl favorite Seahawks are also. You don't hear them falling apart. Its easy to be a fan of a winner, but newsflash, winning isnt guaranteed to anyone.......ask Seattle. 

I agree about dealing with Adversity

But, I think it's not productive to shame and blame fans

The worst part on the boards the past couple of days has been fans doing this to each other

So, the message about adversity and team work gets lost because of that

Anyone that believes that going to a Super Bowl is necessary for job security doesn't understand how football works. We, the Colts, are an organization dealing with the stuff that Champions are made out of..........adversity. While its interesting to read how fans deal with adversity, (fire everybody), the future of our team will be determined by how the men that are in charge, handle being in charge moving forward.......together. The front office got into this position together, so why is anyone more responsible then anyone else.

Regardless of why, I see us at 0-2 because we simply have played some terrible football. Period. Throughout the history of he NFL, terrible football equals losses. And, both games we were still in it, until football karma caught up with us, which is the Offense not helping the Defense by being productive. Period. As a fan, I understand believing the hype the media put on us. I think that bandwagon hype is why many of you are here anyway, that's why so many people react so..........outrageously. But we are not even the biggest winless team, the real Super Bowl favorite Seahawks are also. You don't hear them falling apart. Its easy to be a fan of a winner, but newsflash, winning isnt guaranteed to anyone.......ask Seattle.

Not speaking for everyone, but comparing the Colts 0-2 start and Seatles seems difficult, as the Colts are shooting themselves in the foot, not being competitive at all. The loses havent been nearly as close as the scoreboard shows in the two embarrassing loses where the team has regressed on an identity already predicated on slow starts...

So that is why some fans are calling for a change...

Its not that the loses come, it is that whwn they come, the team isnt competitive at all, & the loses are a total embarrassment...

Not the identity of an elite team...

Firing someone isn't the answer. Its only half of the answer, because that fired person has to be replaced.

I think people like to use the threat of firing as some sort of motivator...perform or else. "Or else" is a motivating tool when someone isn't trying or is being lazy. That works if you're talking about a job where little skill or talent is involved and you can pick up a replacement off of the street.

Threatening to fire someone is not the answer to every performance issue.

"But, I think it's not productive to shame and blame fans"

Not sure how giving my opinion about some of the negative things i've read here, based on my perspective on our teams 0-2 start falls into a "shame and blame" category. A wiser man than me once told me, "If you change your perspective, you will change your reality. But i'll try to be less critical of negativity i guess next time.    

Not sure how giving my opinion about some of the negative things i've read here, based on my perspective on our teams 0-2 start falls into a "shame and blame" category. A wiser man than me once told me, "If you change your perspective, you will change your reality. But i'll try to be less critical of negativity i guess next time.    

It was this part

I think that bandwagon hype is why many of you are here anyway, that's why so many people react so..........outrageously

The worst part on the boards the past couple of days has been fans doing this to each other

Oh, it hasn't been the last few days. There's been a huge optimists versus pessimists complex around here for a long time. 

I don't understand when differing opinions became something that is just not ok. 

Oh, it hasn't been the last few days. There's been a huge optimists versus pessimists complex around here for a long time. 

I don't understand when differing opinions became something that is just not ok. 

Agree, isn't that the whole point of a discussion board?

People logged in after that game with their sites set on 'anyone who disagrees with me'

And went to work telling them not to post (polite version of what was said)

OP, you guys were in Mondays game till very late I agree, but umm the Bills spanked the Colts and were up 21 or 24 nothing before your O scored. That game was over quickly.

Outside of that the rest is umm ok of course,

I like when fans of other teams post in the Colts section, especially without trolling. 

IMO, I think a lot of the criticism is from fans who saw glaring issues, like many of the experts, that were present heading into the offseason and were not fixed. And the front office had plenty of cap room to do so. Its almost borderline being stubborn to the so obvious needs of this team. And here we sit with the same freaking issues year after year. Its frustrating, we all know with Andrew Luck and other talents on this roster the Colts are close but so far away at the same time. Its like self inflicted adversity rather than just circumstances