Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the Buffalo/NE game is any indication....

sfergson727

So far it appears that NE is taking care of business against Buffalo rather handily.  Granted the game is not over yet, but the indications are that we (the Colts) are indeed very far behind the Patriots.....still.

Monday will be a good indicator on the kind of success we will either have or won't.  Back in the Manning days, I pretty much assumed every game was a win.  I miss that.

If this year's version of the Colts wants to make any noise beyond the AFC South, they'd better get the heads out of their you now what, and play some quality football.  That means being prepared to play (coaches) and minimizing mistakes (Dorsett and company) and starting quickly (Luck and company).  

Now, get to it.

The game today doesn't necessarily say that the Colts can't get to the Pats level. I think the biggest thing that stands out in this game is all of the Bills flags. Last week they were negated by all of the Colts flags. The Bills look like the Colts last week. They lost momentum when the flags gave them bad field goal position which in return gave the Pats good field goal position. The Colts couldn't recover but the Bills can after that stop on fourth down.

The game today doesn't necessarily say that the Colts can't get to the Pats level. I think the biggest thing that stands out in this game is all of the Bills flags. Last week they were negated by all of the Colts flags. The Bills look like the Colts last week. They lost momentum when the flags gave them bad field goal position which in return gave the Pats good field goal position. The Colts couldn't recover but the Bills can after that stop on fourth down.

I think the Colts have the ability to play at the Pats level, but they consistently don't.  If they want to be a championship team, they need to play like champions week in and week out.  We've made a habit of starting slow, making stupid mistakes, and losing big to quality opponents.  

I'd love to see them play at the caliber they are capable of, but they need to prove it to me, and themselves that they are able to do so.  They certainly did NOTHING in week one to indicate that they are better than last year.

So far it appears that NE is taking care of business against Buffalo rather handily.  Granted the game is not over yet, but the indications are that we (the Colts) are indeed very far behind the Patriots.....still.

Monday will be a good indicator on the kind of success we will either have or won't.  Back in the Manning days, I pretty much assumed every game was a win.  I miss that.

If this year's version of the Colts wants to make any noise beyond the AFC South, they'd better get the heads out of their you now what, and play some quality football.  That means being prepared to play (coaches) and minimizing mistakes (Dorsett and company) and starting quickly (Luck and company).  

Now, get to it.

Bills are down by 7 points man.  You're way early my friend, especially posting about a team that is in the Pats division.

They play them all the time and even though Ryan is a new coach with the Bills they are very used to playing against him 

too.  Secondly absolutely nothing is determined after 1 game so you're waaay ahead.

Bills are down by 7 points man.  You're way early my friend, especially posting about a team that is in the Pats division.

They play them all the time and even though Ryan is a new coach with the Bills they are very used to playing against him 

too.  Secondly absolutely nothing is determined after 1 game so you're waaay ahead.

It is 24 to 13 when you posted, what game are you watching?

Yeah...if not for Andrew, this is a sub .500 team.....just like Peyton's days here.

yeah, this is what i'd say to the people that think he is over rated.  the media hype has gotten a little bit out of control, but if not for him we would be blending into the rest of the division rather than going 8-0 over the last two seasons

when he has an off game everyone else seems to suck, even the defense

You cant base anything off of that man. That's just the way it is in the NFL. A couple years ago Houston won their first 2 games and looked like a playoff team as expected. Then they lost every other game after that.  We could end up being the best team in the league or just a pretty good team. And besides its only 24-13. Buffalo could still easily win this game.