Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2012 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Game Night Thread

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning is good to go - simple as that. He was basically declaring that he was ready to play until management said he would not be allowed to. Manning is one of the greatest ever and so many people are already moving on when he has 4 more solid years left. It's not right.

Case Keenum in the 3rd or 4th will be a solid back up.

Manning is good to go - simple as that. He was basically declaring that he was ready to play until management said he would not be allowed to. Manning is one of the greatest ever and so many people are already moving on when he has 4 more solid years left. It's not right.

What the heck r u talking about????? He was scheduled for a physical today and failed. Ur saying Keenum cause u just saw his highlights during halftime don't act like u know anything about him when u make a misinformed comment like PM is good to go and could of played last two weeks.

Source?

Orlovsky is a solid back up. Luck would be a great back up (or perhaps starter?).

What the heck r u talking about????? He was scheduled for a physical today and failed. Ur saying Keenum cause u just saw his highlights during halftime don't act like u know anything about him when u make a misinformed comment like PM is good to go and could of played last two weeks.

Cmon now. He failed the physical on purpose.

He went through something like a 38 pass script a few weeks back, starting talking that he wanted to play then was quickly quietened down.

Yes I did see the half time highlights, big deal. He is a mid round QB that sure would be a heck of a lot better back up than Painter was.

Cmon now. He failed the physical on purpose.

He went through something like a 38 pass script a few weeks back, starting talking that he wanted to play then was quickly quietened down.

Yes I did see the half time highlights, big deal. He is a mid round QB that sure would be a heck of a lot better back up than Painter was.

Lol post of the year. He failed on purpose.

Edit: post of the century

Source?

http://indiana.sbnation.com/indianapolis-colts/2011/12/18/2644723/peyton-manning-update-throwing-injury

Not a direct quote but numerous people said he was throwing to teammates in pads. Anyone that knows anything about Peyton knows he wanted to play. Was he medically cleared? No, but if Manning is a Colt in March you can be confident he will be throwing in off season workouts.

http://indiana.sbnat...throwing-injury

Not a direct quote but numerous people said he was throwing to teammates in pads. Anyone that knows anything about Peyton knows he wanted to play. Was he medically cleared? No, but if Manning is a Colt in March you can be confident he will be throwing in off season workouts.

There's a difference between throwing to teammates at practice and doing it in a game when you not only play division rivals, but teams fighting for playoffs and having Top Ten defenses.

http://indiana.sbnation.com/indianapolis-colts/2011/12/18/2644723/peyton-manning-update-throwing-injury

Nothing about he was ready to go. Just like we all knew he threw some short to mid range passes to some guys. He hasn't practiced or been cleared at all. Quit making stuff up u look silly

And anyone that knows anything about manning knows u don't "purposely" fail a physical

Nothing about he was ready to go. Just like we all knew he threw some short to mid range passes to some guys. He hasn't practiced or been cleared at all. Quit making stuff up u look silly

And anyone that knows anything about manning knows u don't "purposely" fail a physical

He went through the exact same script that they make for the starting QB.

Manning says himself that by failing the physical he gets to rehab at the facility which is obviously what he wants and is the smart thing to do.

Makes me sick that you guys are writing off Manning like this. He deserves better.

Manning says himself that by failing the physical he gets to rehab at the facility which is obviously what he wants and is the smart thing to do.

Makes me sick that you guys are writing off Manning like this. He deserves better.

The article up there says he was hopeful he could pass his physical.

Getting the physical allows u to rehab at the facility.

That's what they said on 1070

Who wrote off Manning?

If 1070 was indeed confused on the whole rehab situation sorry for busting ur butt over it but seriously he said he doesn't know if he would pass period. Throwing in practice and in a game aren't the same. You don't pass on a once in a decade qb when WR transition to the nfl a lot easier. Nobody is writing PM off just saying he can't play forever and might now this year.

Hypothetical question. Pretend that Peyton manning was born 14 years later. You have the #1 pick in the draft and need a QB. Do you take Luck or Peyton? Do not take into account what Peyton has done in the NFL. THIS IS FROM A PURE COLLEGE CAREER STANDPOINT.

Hypothetical question. Pretend that Peyton manning was born 14 years later. You have the #1 pick in the draft and need a QB. Do you take Luck or Peyton? Do not take into account what Peyton has done in the NFL. THIS IS FROM A PURE COLLEGE CAREER STANDPOINT.

Wow good question.

Just to add my two cents about the whole physical thing.

After the season players are not allowed to use the team facilities for a certain period of time. Unless you fail a physical, in which case you are allowed to continue working with the trainers.

So yes they have been talking for awhile about peyton failing the physical so he can continue rehabbing with the trainers for another 6-7 weeks.

Honestly I am also in the trade down camp. Drafting luck puts us in a bad position as far as the rest of our team is concerned.

I say trade down to browns or redskins and draft bray, tyler wilson, or barkley next year. If peyton cant play we will have two top 10 picks next season. If he can play we will have a top 10 and a late round.

It is important to have a good team in place around a young QB, most busts struggle because they dont have quality talent around them. Most rookies that succeed do so because they have teams that give them opportunities to be successful (ie weapons and/or a defense)

peyton manning. Andrew Luck has been impressive, but the Pac-12 has some pretty poor defenses and luck is closer to his ceiling that peyton because of being coached by harbaugh. Peyton didnt have that luxury.

After the season players are not allowed to use the team facilities for a certain period of time. Unless you fail a physical, in which case you are allowed to continue working with the trainers.

So yes they have been talking for awhile about peyton failing the physical so he can continue rehabbing with the trainers for another 6-7 weeks.

Honestly I am also in the trade down camp. Drafting luck puts us in a bad position as far as the rest of our team is concerned.

I say trade down to browns or redskins and draft bray, tyler wilson, or barkley next year. If peyton cant play we will have two top 10 picks next season. If he can play we will have a top 10 and a late round.

It is important to have a good team in place around a young QB, most busts struggle because they dont have quality talent around them. Most rookies that succeed do so because they have teams that give them opportunities to be successful (ie weapons and/or a defense)

Yea 1070 was misinformed or I misheard.

But we dont know if PM will ever be the PM we know. He might get hurt behind this horrible Oline. We can't pass on a prospect like luck you just can't. We can still get good players through draft and free agency. This isn't the only year we have a first rounder. We still have talent on this team.

I completely disagree with you. Here's how I look at it. Just hypothetically say that Luck is our starter next year but we go 3-13. We still have a Top 5 pick to grab a weapon or lineman and the best QB prospect in 20 years, there's no reason to draft good weapons and decent QB, when you can draft a great QB and basically find a Receiver anywhere in the draft. Receivers and Corners are known to be the deepest available positions in any draft. Look at this draft for example, we can take Luck #1 and Alshon Jeffery with a 2nd rounder. Not to mention that we already have an explosive receiver in Garcon, so it's not like he's going to come into the league and go into a Sam Bradford situation where he has no receivers.