Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why should Indy be worried about Tyrod Taylor?

Pacergeek

If our front 7 plays to their potential,...and Moore and Irving take over MLB,...We  very well could have a Darn good defense.  Could suck also,...but I think the overall talent is there, they just need game time experience and learn to work off each other. And Manusky needs to just let those young, fast, talented defenders loose.

The Bills arguably have the best DL in the league. They for certain a top 4 DL. The only two players I would keep on our defense over any of the Bills starters would be Davis and Mathis. I agree we have potential to be have a good defense. But the Bills have no questions about their D they are very good. As of right now we are very questionable and venerable on D!

Buffalo will win 5-6 games if even that. Gotta have a QB. 

Funny you would say that when we went 9-7 last year with at best a QB equally as good as Tyrod. 

Also, last year our o-line was much worse and our young playmakers, Watkins and Woods, were well, a year younger and year less inexperienced.

All things point to a better team this year.

Just too bad we open the season with back to back games against the AFC Championship game participants.

Meanwhile, Miami opens with Washington, Jacksonville and the Jets in there first four games.

We will know if the Bills are for real if they get off to a 2-0 start or even 1-1 won't be bad.

People are way overrating Taylor's legs. His numbers were good in college because, 1. He played in the ACC, 2. He pretty much always had a short field because his D generated a lot of turnovers 3. He wasn't very good when VT actually played a good team. Lots of tape or not, an NFL defense should be able to handle him.

Really??

• ACC Champion (200720082010)
  • 2010 ACC Player of the Year
  • 2010 ACC Offensive Player of the Year
  • 2010 ACC Championship Game MVP
  • 2008 ACC Championship Game MVP

I know you can't be this silly you guys can't stop the run also last year you guys had the worst red zone defense in the league and this past offseason you guys didn't upgrade the defense.

We didn't upgrade the defense?

-- We bought OLB Trent Cole as a FA

-- We bought DE Kendell Langford as a FA

-- We bought ILB Nate Irvin as a FA

-- We bought S Nate Lowery

-- We drafted CB D'Joun Smith  in the 3rd round.

-- We drafted DE Henry Anderson in the 3rd round

-- We drafted S   Clayton Geathers in the 4th round

-- We drafted NT David Parry in the 5th round

-- We drafted ILB Amaro Herrera in the 6th round

And I maybe forgetting another move or two....

You sure the Colts didn't improve their defense this off-season?

I know you can't be this silly you guys can't stop the run also last year you guys had the worst red zone defense in the league and this past offseason you guys didn't upgrade the defense.

Pay closer attention. You are wrong that we didn't upgrade. We upgraded in every position group. Also, our defense dominated the lower ranked offenses.

Reasons to worry about Buffalo

1 A great D by far most talented Rex has ever coached .

2 Rex knows how to slow down top offenses is a master at game planning on D side of the ball

3 Tyrod is a wild card if he plays like in Pre Season he will get the ball in the end zone regularly with his arm or his legs

4 Tyrod has Wilson type pocket awareness and the legs to make plays .

5 Has anyone mentioned we have been weak against mobile QB's

On our side of the ball

1 Can our line hold up against a top tier D Line

2 How is our D gonna play ?

3 We were not executing very well in preseason

4 We have a starting corner that is really bad playing on the outside

5 Will we be able to run the ball with the rooks Gore is on a pitch count

Sio Moore..........and just got a back-up DT from browns in Winn.

Reasons to worry about Buffalo

1 A great D by far most talented Rex has ever coached .

2 Rex knows how to slow down top offenses is a master at game planning on D side of the ball

3 Tyrod is a wild card if he plays like in Pre Season he will get the ball in the end zone regularly with his arm or his legs

4 Tyrod has Wilson type pocket awareness and the legs to make plays .

5 Has anyone mentioned we have been weak against mobile QB's

On our side of the ball

1 Can our line hold up against a top tier D Line

2 How is our D gonna play ?

3 We were not executing very well in preseason

4 We have a starting corner that is really bad playing on the outside

5 Will we be able to run the ball with the rooks Gore is on a pitch count

And I cannot blame ya for forgetting a couple players. We did add 11....11! new faces on defense...that an entire staring line-up!

-but ofc we didn't do anything to improve our defense...lol-    SMH

Thing is, we've arguably made the same upgrades to our offense yet most Colts fans would probably disagree. Fans will always be bias.

-Upgraded QB

-Upgraded TE

-Upgrade  LG

-Upgraded RG

-Upgraded RB

-Upgraded Receiver

-Upgraded Offensive Coordinator

Another point on Tyrod, he won a legitimate three way QB competition. Of course he didn't beat out a legitimate proven franchise QB but then again, who does? He did beat out two serviceable  QB's though and I think that does say something. It is actually fairly similar to when Russell Wilson won the QB competition in Seattle his rookie year. Point is, the job was not handed to Tyrod. I think that speaks to the fact that, yes, he has improved as a passer. 

For myself, I'm a little worried about the weather involvement.  Rain, and winds between 10-20 mph.  Not good aerial attack weather.  More fitting for a ground and pound O, like Rex likes to run.

According to weather.com it's not supposed to rain until around 3pm. Even then, it's a 50% chance. We'll see.

Perhaps early on, only because they have no game film.  Colts usually struggle the first part of the game anyway, and especially against a scrambling QB.  However, as the game wears on, I think it will be Taylor that should be afraid of the Colts pass rush and secondary.  No way he can match points with the Colts offense if the Bills (highly anticipated) defense don't bring their A game!  Late in the game, if the Bills aren't up, I can see Taylor throwing 2 or even 3 interceptions.

Ummmm. Okay.... You really obviously don't pay attention to the Colts at all.

Which is fine. Just don't come on the Colts forum talking bad about a team you know nothing about. haha

If you wanna brag about the Bills go ahead but I wouldn't talk smack about a team you obviously don't know much about. That goes for the forum you'll be joining next week as well. Which will be the Patriots forum! Have fun with that one! haha

After yesterday, he may be playing quicker then people think. lol The bills do deserve some credit .

He seems to be very aware of what is happening around him. Does not make the big mistake very often. Only one game though.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the way, I hope we see each other in the playoffs!