Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Former Bears Qb Injured In Apparent Suicide Attempt

AndreRison

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/08/20/report-former-bears-qb-injured-in-apparent-suicide-attempt/

Twenty years ago, Erik Kramer was getting ready to start as quarterback for the Chicago Bears.

On Thursday, the 50-year-old was recovering from a possible suicide attempt.

It's really sad to see all of these former players with brain injuries, and suicide attempts.

Dang...he was underrated, very Favre/Young like but just overshadowed by them. He had 2 winning seasons plus a 7-9 season in his only full seasons as a starter which is the equivalent of 14-2 in today's NFC Central lol!

yeah...and I didn't realize he held the single season passing yards and td record for the Bears.

Thoughts and prayers are with Erik. Really know the feeling of depression! Take medication for it and seek a shrink over it.

I liked him when he played for Bears..and Detroit.

Makes me sad.

As a QB, he didnt get hit in t head 1,000 times. so this might not be head trauma.

..But reading abut the death of (I believe) his son.

And the natural depression I'd guess that retired players go through.

I wish the NFLPA would offer psychiatric help to ex-players. But they probably would be too proud to accept it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• So true. I was watching his presser yesterday as I wanted to get a feel for him after some of the negativity surrounding his personality on the draft day, and I LOVED how happy and excited he was. I had a little fear that some of the fan base would buy into the negativity prematurely and make it a rough start for him, but I don’t think so anymore.    I think he and Latu are both going to be playmakers for us, if not this year then very soon. Have a feeling they bring exactly want this team needed to finally take off. They bring a lot of faith to me, together with Richardson and Steichen. Can’t explain it, but the pieces to the puzzle is suddenly to see on the table.
    • Cubs beat the Pirates tonight but the Brewers won as well, what else is new lol. Cubs are now 23-16, Brewers are 23-15.
    • Couldn’t agree more! The chip on his shoulder is a very good look. That said, I have always valued the “clutch” gene in players.    It’s truly something that can’t be coached and can’t be taught. AD has IT! Period. Exclamation point! He has it. Name a better receiver in the college football playoffs/ championships ever…   You can’t teach that. He has it. He can be that guy. He is the 33-32 Colts over the Pats, 4th and 1, AFC Championship, game changer. He can be that guy… Will he? I have no dang idea. But does he have the ability to be? Yes! Resounding, yes! 
    • I absolutely LOVE that Mitchell picked 10 as a constant reminder that 10 WR’s were picked before him.  That is a GIGANTIC chip on his shoulder.   So far I like everything I’m reading about the kid.  There may be speed bump or hiccup some day….  But so far so good. 
  • Members

• cdgacoltsfan

cdgacoltsfan 4,275

• Nate!

Nate! 592

• Hooch

Hooch 3

Rookie