Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady's Shoulder Problem?

bap1331

this has been going on for years now. what is it?

well it is his left shoulder that was examined not his right, which has been a chronic problem most of his career which is why he always shows up on the injury report as "right shoulder - probable" . . . :cat: . . . the fact that he has played all of those games when probable is a testiment to his toughness . . . :heh:

Did his shoulder issues start when Haynesworth drove him into the ground a few years ago? Or were they prevalent before that?

from what i remember Haynesworth drove his right shoulder into the ground . . . as for the present issue has to do with his left shoulder, I have heard that it "happened" on two different plays, a QB sneak and then his run earlier in the game, i did see a replay of the latter hit and he did seem to favor his left arm/shoulder, perhaps it was a combination of things over the game or years . . . i did hear that the X rays for a dislocated shoulder were negative . . . .which is good news . . . wouldn't want to be "right and left shoulder - probable," now would we . . . :whew:

It's a mix of Pansy-itis, and Bill Belichick playing mind games...

eew. egg on face

Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, NFL Network's Albert Breer reported Brady suffered a sprain to his left shoulder on Saturday against the Dolphins.

The source said that it "should not limit" Brady's ability to play, and there's no issue of instability in the shoulder. At this point, the source said, it's a matter of "pain control" for the quarterback.

It's a mix of Pansy-itis, and Bill Belichick playing mind games...

Glad to see that you can't post about Brady without breaking the forum rules here.

So when Brady played with broken ribs in the past, he was being a "pansy"?

When he beat the Steelers with a 103 degree fever, he was being a "pansy"?

When he played with a broken bone in his foot, he was being a "pansy"?

Stay classy.

Glad to see that you can't post about Brady without breaking the forum rules here.

Stay classy.

Of course! C'mon, man! I figured out the cure for world hunger, the cure to world peace, how to solve everyone's debt problems, AND beat a combination of the Steelers, Ravens and 49ers defenses playing with only 6 fingers, half an eyeball and 6 teeth while battling a fever so bad, the glass on the thermometer melted. Then, I had breakfast.

Stay classy.

Sorry about that. It's hard for me to suppress the anger (and yes, jealousy) that arises when I think of Tom Brady. I've seen too many Colts losses to Tom Brady. He always brings out the "classiest" in me. I'm glad his injury isn't serious, but I'll still be rooting against them in the playoffs.

Of course! C'mon, man! I figured out the cure for world hunger, the cure to world peace, how to solve everyone's debt problems, AND beat a combination of the Steelers, Ravens and 49ers defenses playing with only 6 fingers, half an eyeball and 6 teeth while battling a fever so bad, the glass on the thermometer melted. Then, I had breakfast.

I assume fixing the debt problem fixed the hunger problem which in turn fixed the peace problem?

LOL!

Asked what Brady was able to do Thursday, coach Bill Belichick said Friday: "Play quarterback, the usual thing." When asked if Wednesday was a planned day off for Brady, Belichick said he thought he had covered that topic.

I don't even blame Belichick for giving these cold shoulders to the media anymore. I'd be irritated too, if not more than Bill, if I had to deal with this stuff.

You just know that the next pool of questions from the media to Belichick will involve:

A) Brady kissed Gisele on the cheek instead of the lip, which is off-routine

B) Brady took an off-routine bathroom break

C) What was in Brady's cheeseburger that he ate on January 13, 2009.

D) Why Brady was wearing pants on a 110+ degree day in Foxboro last summer

E) Why Brady bench pressed 5 lbs less than what he normally did 3 Wednesdays ago

F) If Brady's throwing mechanics looked any different

G) Who Brady has in his final four for March Madness 2016

H) If he knows of any intimacy issues between Brady and Gisele

I) Who Brady cheered for in the 1995 AFC Championship game

Brady apparently injured the shoulder during the 12/24 game against the Dolphins. Specifically on his 5-yard scramble on the last drive (to run out the clock) when he took a good shot on his way down.

Way back in 2002, Brady played a good portion of the season with a separated left shoulder. According to reports he reinjured it in the season finale and would not have played if that team had made the playoffs. That shoulder gave him problems for a few years after that, but eventually he stopped showing up as "Probable - Shoulder" on the injury report.

So this new thing is just that... new. Brady will probably be playing through the injury as long as the Pats stay alive in the postseason. But my guess is that he'll be limited for practices and whatnot.

For anyone who doesn't follow the Patriots closely, Brady is an absolute gamer. He's played with broken ribs, shoulder problems, ankle/foot problems (he was in an air cast three days prior to the SB against the Giants)... he doesn't get a lot of credit for it but his ability to play hurt defies the whole "pretty boy" looks thing.