Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft SS Clayton Geathers [Merge]

Poor tackling angles,goes for big hits rather than wrapping up. Hmm, that reminds me of somebody. Oh yeah, LaRon Landry.

He takes the occasional poor angle to the ball, but he does wrap up when he needs to. He also has something that LaRoids doesn't have; a passion for the game. This guy will not disappoint us. His coverage ability is very underrated, and he had the second most pass breakups among ALL safeties.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=107679&draftyear=2015&genpos=SS

Except, they don't. Nfldraftscout has him project as a 4-5 round pick. You are really trying to hate every single pick aren't you?

Except you don't bother to look at the link and just like to talk.

Projected Round: 4-5  Stock: same.gif  High: 4th  Low: 6-7th

And if I don't like the picks, that's my prerogative.......I don't.

For those who want to invest the time.  This provides a nice breakdown of Geathers and a favorable comparison with Randall. Geathers can cover and tackle. Decent man cover skills for a safety.  Led safety class in pass break ups. Shoulder tackler needs to use his arms more.  Aggressive...always looking to get involved in a play.  Takes bad angles on occassion.  Good physical strength.  Think the Colts can coach this kid up and help him to improve his game at the next level.  Jump to around the 40 minute mark for the segment on Geathers.

Projected Round: 4-5 Stock: same.gifHigh: 4th Low: 6-7th

Who the heck cares where anyone is drafted as long as they are productive for the team? What difference does it make?

Projected Round: 4-5  Stock: same.gif  High: 4th  Low: 6-7th

Projected 4-5 means he's likely to go in the, duuurrrrr, 4-5, not the 6-7 as you said. 6-7 is the low for him, not what was "likely".

It's not your prerogative to not like the picks, it's your mission. I'm sure you have never even seen this guy play.

Projected 4-5 means he's likely to go in the, duuurrrrr, 4-5, not the 6-7 as you said. 6-7 is the low for him, not what was "likely".

It's not your prerogative to not like the picks, it's your mission. I'm sure you have never even seen this guy play.

If 4th was the high and 6-7 was the low does that make him a 4th prospect? Stretching it. Basic math would suggest a 5th at best if we selecting based upon their draft grades. But that's just using basic math....durrr

If 4th was the high and 6-7 was the low does that make him a 4th prospect? Stretching it. Basic math would suggest a 5th at best if we selecting based upon their draft grades. But that's just using basic math....durrr

Are you dense? Projected Round: 4-5 Projected Round: 4-5 Projected Round: 4-5 Projected Round: 4-5 Projected Round: 4-5

Maybe they should change it to "Likely round to be taken" for you.

No we don't. Seeing your name tells us all we need to know. Moan, moan, freakin moan. Getting rather boring actually.

This was a discussion about the pick, I gave mine and you whine. Poor old insecure braveheartcolt...someone is challenging your opinion. Sorry

Why are you using math to "suggest" their projection, when they spell it out for you? They projected him to the fourth or fifth. We got him in the fourth. That means we liked the guy enough to make sure we got him early, but we did not reach at all.

Are you dense? Projected Round: 4-5 Projected Round: 4-5 Projected Round: 4-5 Projected Round: 4-5 Projected Round: 4-5

Maybe they should change it to "Likely round to be taken" for you.

Reading and basic comprehension doesn't appear to be your forte. Again, in my opinion...stated several times...is that we over picked. Get over it.

Why are you using math to "suggest" their projection, when they spell it out for you? They projected him to the fourth or fifth. We got him in the fourth. That means we liked the guy enough to make sure we got him early, but we did not reach at all.

Yeah like math never goes into the decision making process.....seems like stats, times, and grades are all based upon math.

Yeah like math never goes into the decision making process.....seems like stats, times, and grades are all based upon math.

Oh. So even though they did all the math for you and projected him to the fourth round, you want to do the math over again... Only incorrectly... For no reason... Have fun inventing that wheel! I hope you're better at that than math!

Oh. So even though they did all the math for you and projected him to the fourth round, you want to do the math over again... Only incorrectly... For no reason... Have fun inventing that wheel! I hope you're better at that than math!

CBS Sports had him going 4-5

Walterfootball had him going 4-6

Orlando Sentinel had him going 5-6

Based upon the grades I've seen he would have been a solid 5th round....we took him as a 4th. Don't know the kid, or how well he will play, but based upon the forecast I feel we over drafted.........my opinion but I don't get paid to make picks and neither does anyone else on this board.