Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All in for grigson!

bap1331

Im sure he knows the needs but they HAVE to fit the system. You cant just get a player because he looks good on highlights.

Just because hes as tall as ty doesnt mean the wr position will fail in the future. Look at edelman and amendola. Hec they basically dont even have a wr corps. Remember, carter and andre may or may not work out.

Hes hearing us but dorsett may be a steal. Compared to other highlights at wr, he makes nfl style catches already like over the cornerbacks head type or right on the line endzone. He even wrote a cover page to teams on why they would make the right pick if they chose him. Shows how mature he is as a player. Even polian said he was a great pick. That says everything.

Still 7 picks left and plenty of talent at defense.

I agree. I'm extremely excited.

They said before the draft they were not going to pick any players with red flags. Collins and gregory were at the top of the list. that aaron hernandez case really had an impact this year lol. Not even the cowboys were interested and they trade up for top caliber players.

After sleeping on it, I can see the logic. Let's face it, we weren't going to get a day 1 starter. At best, we may have taken a DT who could rotate in.

So, we have more offensive fire power and prepare for the future at WR. And probably a Day 1 KR/PR.

Okay Grigs, I'm going to have to assume you know a little more about team needs than anyone on this board. Wow us the rest of the way please!

Just waiting on Grigson's 3rd round where he usually strikes gold, his first rounders have all been sub par except for that one gift wrapped decision(Philip Dorsett is good just sucks he has to get this treatment because this pick was penciled in to go defensively)

Here's my impression:

The Colts took almost all the time they had to make the selection. Most of the other teams at that point were not taking long to make thier picks. I think Grigson was on the phone, trying to trade back and it didn't happen. He then went with his board and made the pick. I don't think you can argue that the kid doesnt have talent.

Here's my impression:

The Colts took almost all the time they had to make the selection. Most of the other teams at that point were not taking long to make thier picks. I think Grigson was on the phone, trying to trade back and it didn't happen. He then went with his board and made the pick. I don't think you can argue that the kid doesnt have talent.

I've been wondering that myself, they took the longest of any team outside of the top 10 or so

They said before the draft they were not going to pick any players with red flags. Collins and gregory were at the top of the list. that aaron hernandez case really had an impact this year lol. Not even the cowboys were interested and they trade up for top caliber players.

Big difference in killing somebody and getting caught with weed.

We got our Marvin and Reg 2.0 here. I was misplaced about the pick at first. Had to look at the team as a whole and what the other teams in our division did. Hou D got better with adding a CB Kevin White. They want to take away TY and now they can't.

I agree. I'm extremely excited.

I'm excited about this playmaker as well, but filled with trepidation about the coming picks and what will be available. I came into this thing thinking by the end of night 2, we'd have 3 or 4 lineman to stock both sides. The move on a WR in the 1st has crimped this hope back a bit. 

Either way, the more I read about and watch material regarding Dorsett, the better I'm feeling about this. 

We have 8 more picks! There's also the possibility of Grigson finding that one hidden gem in the upcoming rounds. 

Mathis in round 5

Sanders in round 2 

Bethea in round 6

Garcon in round 6

I understand Polian was GM but still...

Im excited, our offense is going to be electric!