Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Landon Collins

Safety isn't a need. It's just a position we would like to upgrade on. 

I would be satisfied with Collins at 29. He's not a coverage safety, but he's great against the run. 

If safety isn't a need, then this team has no needs.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/04/29/giants-nfl-draft-landon-collins/

NYG may try to reach, or trade back, for him. Although most people think they will go OL with the 9th overall, but safety is a need for them.

Safety is not top 10 pick worthy in general. More towards the end of the 1st. Anything from qbs, rb, lb, de, dt, ol. But I do believe they will be smart and trade back for more picks and still be ahead of the colts to take him.

Im not even gonna say it

I don't understand all the hate for Collins? He really isn't as bad as you make him out to be in coverage IMO. Sure that may be his weak spot compared to other spots in his game, but this class doesn't really have a dominate coverage S coming out IMO. Who would you recommend over him by value per round? Just wondering and wanting to see a different point of view to see if I am missing something.

Randall is a good cover safety

So is Amos and Harris

If you wanna run first Safety Tartt or Geathers are options

Now I do agree with you that Randall is the best cover safety in this draft. I also think Amos is pretty good, but I am not a fan of Amos or Harris in the run game. I will give Randall credit he will come up in run support most of the time. I also like Geathers later in the draft but I think there is a big drop off from Collins to him. I don't know much about Tartt what can you tell me about him?

Tartt and Collins are similar

both great against run and average on pass

Tartt could be had in 3rd though

Dan, I agree with you here. I would rather wait and get Tartt or Amos. I know your a lot higher on Randall than I am but I understand your argument against the pass. I for one would rather have a corner like Johnson or Peters in the first. If not then obviously BPA.