Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock 5.0

I lied about being done, here's #5. (I don't have us taking a halfback early, I think we make a move for Ezekiel Elliot next year)

Colts Mock

R1P29  
Eddie Goldman DT Florida State
Powerful upper body, disruptive at the line, excellent run stopper, quick off the line, and a bull rusher.

R2P61
Stephone Anthony ILB Clemson
Good tackler, fast, able to cover big bodies, decent blitzer, and can play the pass.

R3P70 (Trade with Jet, send 2015 4th, 2016 5th)
Hroniss Grasu C Oregon
Plays low and locks his spot down, would fix our center problems

R3P93 
Derron Smith S Fresno State
Very good coverage safety, needs to work on tackling, ball skills are decent. Could slide into our starting free safety. Isn't as tall as what I'd be happy with but Mathieu has done quite well with his size

R5P165
Austin Shepherd OT Alabama 

R6P204
Josh Robinson RB Mississippi State
Should help in the run game with Boom, Ballard(if he makes it), and Gore. 

R6P206
Sean Mannion QB Oregon State
Could be a great backup for when Hasselbeck is retired.

R7P244
Tevin McDonald S Eastern Washington

R7P255 
Quinton Spain OG West Virginia

I lied about being done, here's #5. (I don't have us taking a halfback early, I think we make a move for Ezekiel Elliot next year)

Colts Mock

R1P29  
Eddie Goldman DT Florida State
Powerful upper body, disruptive at the line, excellent run stopper, quick off the line, and a bull rusher.

R2P61
Stephone Anthony ILB Clemson
Good tackler, fast, able to cover big bodies, decent blitzer, and can play the pass.

R3P70 (Trade with Jet, send 2015 4th, 2016 5th)
Hroniss Grasu C Oregon
Plays low and locks his spot down, would fix our center problems

R3P93 
Derron Smith S Fresno State
Very good coverage safety, needs to work on tackling, ball skills are decent. Could slide into our starting free safety. Isn't as tall as what I'd be happy with but Mathieu has done quite well with his size

R5P165
Austin Shepherd OT Alabama 

R6P204
Josh Robinson RB Mississippi State
Should help in the run game with Boom, Ballard(if he makes it), and Gore. 

R6P206
Sean Mannion QB Oregon State
Could be a great backup for when Hasselbeck is retired.

R7P244
Tevin McDonald S Eastern Washington

R7P255 
Quinton Spain OG West Virginia

Pretty good Mock. The only changes I would make is to take an OT like Donovan Smith in the third instead of Grasu, then take Adrian Amos the FS in the 5th. I really don't think we need a C as I like how Holmes progressed at the end of the season. Nice job.

Mannion won't be there in the 6th if we drafted him we'd have to keep 3 QB's on the 53 man or he'd just get plucked from the PS don't see it.

I love Stephone Anthony but don't see him being there at 61. I think he could go round 1 to GB

I think we address CB before Toler's a FA. I don't see a trade to get a C. It started well with Goldman if he falls.

Grasu is a terrible fit for our blocking scheme. He is not very gifted athletically and doesn't have many average Center stats going for him. The only part of his game that is really solid is his ability to be a gifted zone blocking Center. It should take him straight off our board, IMO. 

Also the trade is absurd. No way you get a HIGH 3rd rounder for a LOW 4th and 5th. Crazy my friend.

Also I think you might be a round late on Mannion, Robinson, and McDonald. I wouldn't be shocked if they were there at those picks, I just don't see them available at those picks.

The rest of the mock is alright, I like Goldman, Anthony and Smith.

Grasu is a terrible fit for our blocking scheme. He is not very gifted athletically and doesn't have many average Center stats going for him. The only part of his game that is really solid is his ability to be a gifted zone blocking Center. It should take him straight off our board, IMO. 

Also the trade is absurd. No way you get a HIGH 3rd rounder for a LOW 4th and 5th. Crazy my friend.

What would you think of trading with the Browns at 76 for the same deal to get a guy like Josh Shaw from USC or Ifo Ekpre-Olomu from Oregon?

What would you think of trading with the Browns at 76 for the same deal to get a guy like Josh Shaw from USC or Ifo Ekpre-Olomu from Oregon?

I think it would be a great deal, jump up and get a CB. But I just think the value is a bit off and you'd probably need a 3rd next year and some later picks if not a 2nd. I think depending on the player could be intriguing though. It is a very good idea by you.

Pretty nice draft and it fills a lot of needs. I personally would rather take an OT or OG in the 3rd round than Grasu. I think he is going to really flourish in a zone blocking scheme, but I think the man to man system we run would show a lot of his limited athleticism. A guy that seems to have his stock falling a little bit that might be there in the 3rd is Tre Jackson OG from FSU. I believe he would be a steal in the 3rd and could be a pro bowl OG. I really like your Anthony, Robinson, and McDonald picks though.

I personally would rather take an OT or OG in the 3rd round than Grasu. I think he is going to really flourish in a zone blocking scheme, but I think the man to man system we run would show a lot of his limited athleticism.

Thinking back now, I overlooked center, don't know why I had him there, hm

Happens to the best of us. So if you had to change the Grasu pick who would you pick up with that pick? (R3 Pick 70)

Most likely a cornerback/outside linebacker, someone like, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Josh Shaw, or Hau'oli Kikaha(if he survives that long, don't see it happening though)

I like every pick except for Grasu and Mannion.

Grasu isn't that good. if you're going to take an O-lineman 2nd round, I'd look at someone like Donovan Smith, Havenstein, Sambrailo, etc...

I also wouldn't waste more than a 7th round pick on a QB. Yes, Hasselback is old but people act like next off-season there won't be a bunch of FA QBs on the market. Or even now, I'm sure there are some decent guys out there in FA. Can't be worse than Harnish.

I like every pick except for Grasu and Mannion.

Grasu isn't that good. if you're going to take an O-lineman 2nd round, I'd look at someone like Donovan Smith, Havenstein, Sambrailo, etc...

I also wouldn't waste more than a 7th round pick on a QB. Yes, Hasselback is old but people act like next off-season there won't be a bunch of FA QBs on the market. Or even now, I'm sure there are some decent guys out there in FA. Can't be worse than Harnish.

No one is really talking about Tevin Mcdonald, but he looked like he could play from the couple glimpses I saw.

What's your take on him?

Haven't heard anything about him besides hearing his name in a few mocks. I'll look into him.

Yeah he's Tim Mcdonalds son. The Pro Bowl Free Safety that used to play for the 49ers.

He got in trouble or something a couple times at UCLA and then he transferred I believe.

Yeah he's Tim Mcdonalds son. The Pro Bowl Free Safety that used to play for the 49ers.

He got in trouble or something a couple times at UCLA and then he transferred I believe.

His brother plays for the Rams now, Starts!! From Fresno this kid can play he is just a little smaller than his Dad and brother, started I believe at UCLA as a freshman?

His brother plays for the Rams now, Starts!! From Fresno this kid can play he is just a little smaller than his Dad and brother, started I believe at UCLA as a freshman?

I didn't get to watch a whole lot on him, just a couple quick cut ups but it looked like he was pretty competent when I was watching.