Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best trade in colts history?

RockThatBlue

No, they don't. Just like the rams and raiders in LA.

The ravens franchise, on the other hand, was the browns who moved from cleveland, but had to start over under a new name, sort of like an expansion team..

The colts just left the superbowl trophy in baltimore.. All records from baltimore era (unitas' passing records for example) still belong to the colts, not ravens..

Wow. You completely missed my point. LOL

Indianapolis Colts fans, such as myself, took a beating for years about the Colts moving. We were mocked, made fun of, and not even considered real fans. We were second class in the NFL.

Trust me when I say this because truer words have never been spoken. No one was happier than long time Indianapolis Colts fans when the Ravens won both Super Bowls. Nothing makes long time Indianapolis Colts fans feel better than separation of everything once Baltimore.

I believe all of the Colts records while in Baltimore belong to the Ravens. I wish we could rewrite history and simply view the 1984 Indianapolis Colts as an expansion/move.

I get what you are saying totally. I view the St Louis Browns records with the Orioles, the way you do the Baltimore Colts. They are in the record book, but it's hard to be proud of a 1944 AL Pennant in St. Louis. You would prefer your Indy Colts records to stand alone, and it is a good history. I know many on this forum are pure Colt fans, Baltimore through Indy. I fall in with the vast majority of Baltimore people who are Baltimore Colt and Ravens fans, but respect the Indy Colts. You are right, the 2nd Super Bowl dulled a lot of the old pain. I've made my peace with all of this, and I enjoy the history of both the old Colts and Ravens. I also love NFL history in general, and enjoy following other teams like the Colts, Patriots, and Steelers.

It's all good for me now. I'm a Ravens fan, but still love the old Baltimore Colts. I guess it was what it was, and the Baltimore and Indy records are forever linked, like Brooklyn and LA with the Dodgers.

I used to hold a lot of resentment towards Baltimore fans for the way they treated us Indianapolis Colts fans. Over the years, I have come to accept that if the Ravens fans want the old Baltimore Colts records, then I am more than OK with that. I really believe those records belong to Baltimore. I think it would be a very kind gesture for Irsay to part ways with the old and give it to the rightful owners. 

The Colts are established in Indianapolis and the Ravens are established in Baltimore. None of that should change, but the pre 1984 records, they are in my mind, Baltimore's.

I get what you are saying totally. I view the St Louis Browns records with the Orioles, the way you do the Baltimore Colts. They are in the record book, but it's hard to be proud of a 1944 AL Pennant in St. Louis. You would prefer your Indy Colts records to stand alone, and it is a good history. I know many on this forum are pure Colt fans, Baltimore through Indy. I fall in with the vast majority of Baltimore people who are Baltimore Colt and Ravens fans, but respect the Indy Colts. You are right, the 2nd Super Bowl dulled a lot of the old pain. I've made my peace with all of this, and I enjoy the history of both the old Colts and Ravens. I also love NFL history in general, and enjoy following other teams like the Colts, Patriots, and Steelers.

Old Crow, we have traveled separate roads, but I am grateful to know you sir. I wish Jim Irsay would just make it happen. Give the Indianapolis and Baltimore fans what they truly deserve. Time has buried the wounds, but the only way to actually heal those wounds is to make it right.

Old Crow, we have traveled separate roads, but I am grateful to know you sir. I wish Jim Irsay would just make it happen. Give the Indianapolis and Baltimore fans what they truly deserve. Time has buried the wounds, but the only way to actually heal those wounds is to make it right.

I also had a lot of resentment towards Indy, but the forum has actually eased that, as I enjoy all the Colts fans here, and even the Patriots fans here. I don't think Jim Irsay would ever hand the old records over to Baltimore, but it would be nice if he and Steve got together and put up the old Colt banners in Baltimore and Indy. That way Colt fans in both cities could enjoy the history .

Indianapolis has a great stand alone history, as does Baltimore with the Ravens. It would be nice to have , or share that history in Baltimore, but it would probably upset pure Colt fans. I think Jim also sees himself as a steward of all of Colts history.

Unlike Patriot fans, I am more of a step- brother to Indy Colt fans, than an antagonist. I can appreciate the horse shoes. That being said, I'm not a John C Reilly or Wil Farrell step brother. It's kind of you to think of the Baltimore fans, because it was a kick in the gut. The politicians should have built a stadium, and as we all have seen, if you don't , the team leaves. I'm also glad to know you Blueshoe, and thanks for the kind words.

Care to enlighten me, please? "I believe all of the Colts records while in Baltimore belong to the Ravens."

I think he was saying that he wished all the old Baltimore Colt records were part of the Ravens so that Indy could have a stand alone history with the Colts post 1984.

As we know, the records of the Baltimore Colts are part of the current Indianapolis Colt franchise. As you said , the Super Bowl 5 trophy does indeed reside in the Sports Legends at Camden Yards Museum, although it is a copy , after the original was stolen by Carroll Rosenbloom, and it is still in the possession of the Frontiere kids. The NFL awarded the second trophy to Baltimore as part of the settlement with Bob Irsay. If I were Jim Irsay, I would sue the Frontiere kids for possession of stolen property, and get the original back.