Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Funk's Mock Draft(s) 2.0

In my last mock I gave 3 mocks. This time I'll reduce it to two, and then I'll likely make a final mock the week of the draft.

Mock 1

1. Marcus Peters (CB)

2. Stephone Anthony (ILB)

3. David Johnson (RB)

4. Tyeler Davidson (DT)

5.  Ibraheim Campbell (S)

6a. Shaq Mason (OG)

6b. Darrian Miller (OT)

7a. Chris Hackett (S)

7b. Markus Rush (OLB)

Notes:

(1) I've really grown on the idea of taking a CB early. There is a lot of value there, and while Toler has played better, I don't envision we'll pay to resign him next year.

(3) I really like Johnson for his upside. He's physical and hard to bring down, and has the potential to be a 3-down back with a lot of diversity. As a former receiver he's shown tremendous value to catch passes out of the backfield. I've heard some mixed things about some areas of his game. Some have said he doesn't have enough burst when he hits the hole, but I've also heard he showed the opposite during Senior Bowl practices. He had 1,500+ rushing yard and nearly another 1000  yards in the passing game.

MISC: The only thing I personally don't like about this one, is that I'd love to have gotten more depth at OLB, but quite frankly just didn't like the value outside of the first two rounds. ALSO, while you'll see a took a DT in the 1st round in Mock 2, I'm not too sold on thinking we need to take on in the first round or really even the first 1-3 rounds.

Mock 2

1. Carl Davis (DT)

2. Eric Rowe (CB)

3. David Johnson (RB)

4. Tre' McBride (WR)

5. Ibraheim Campbell (S)

6a. Derrick Malone (ILB)

6b. Darrian Miller (OT)

7a. Chris Hackett (S)

7b. Markus Rush (OLB)

Notes:

(3) See notes above

(4) We've currently got a really nice trio in Hilton, Johnson, and Moncrief so I know many of you aren't going to like taking a WR this early. Personally, I really like McBride and would love his potential to be a bigtime playmaker on offense for us. Apparently he was dominant in East-West Shrine practices. When Johnson (whom I doubt plays out his contract) leaves I like the idea of Hilton as our speedster-route runner, and McBride and Moncrief as our fast, bigger guys on the outside.

As usual, share your thoughts! I don't mind criticism!

Mock 1:

I'd LOVE Peters in the first. I feel he's the best DB to come out in a long while. I could see him being a top 5 CB easily if he can fix his character issues. Don't think Stephone Anthony will be there in the 2nd. Also can't imagine Campbell falling out of the 4th, and Hackett the 6th. Apart from that this is a very respectable mock, good work. I like it.

Mock 2:

I'm not a fan of any mock with Carl Davis as our first pick, without trading down, I just feel he's R2 talent. He runs too hot and cold for my liking. Also don't think we'll draft a WR in the first 5 rounds. This is a nice mock too, Good work.

Funny here's what I was going to post

1. Peters

2. Anthony/Dawson

3. Hardison

4. Davis

5. Geathers

6. Miller

6. Austin Hill WR Az

7. Hackett

7. Rush

Pretty close to the same thoughts. I think you will have to take Campbell early than the 5th.

Really like Hill had a great yr in 2012 looked like a top 50 pick 6'2 214 took Pac 12 by storm blew out his knee in 2013 started to come back around last year. If he returns to his 2012 form he's the steal of the draft

Like Miller late too 3 yr starter in SEC at LT

Love Rush started a thread on him.

Mock 2

1. Carl Davis (DT)

2. Eric Rowe (CB)

3. David Johnson (RB)

4. Tre' McBride (WR)

5. Ibraheim Campbell (S)

6a. Derrick Malone (ILB)

6b. Darrian Miller (OT)

7a. Chris Hackett (S)

7b. Markus Rush (OLB)

Derrick Malone is a horrible liability and will not have a career on Sundays.

I'm no graft guru, I will admit that outright. But, I really don't wanna see us draft a RB or WR the entire draft. NT yes, safety yes, look at the quality of centers available, OT, & LBs. 

I don't really get mesmerized by mock drafts but I know which guys are good at it constructing them I mean. I can only judge who we get & whether they can play or not. I suck at college to the pros projections. 

I'm way out of my element here, but I appreciate the dedication & devotion some fans have here compiling them with a purpose though. 

Mock 1:

I'd LOVE Peters in the first. I feel he's the best DB to come out in a long while. I could see him being a top 5 CB easily if he can fix his character issues. Don't think Stephone Anthony will be there in the 2nd. Also can't imagine Campbell falling out of the 4th, and Hackett the 6th. Apart from that this is a very respectable mock, good work. I like it.

Mock 2:

I'm not a fan of any mock with Carl Davis as our first pick, without trading down, I just feel he's R2 talent. He runs too hot and cold for my liking. Also don't think we'll draft a WR in the first 5 rounds. This is a nice mock too, Good work.

Thanks for the feedback. Not gonna lie, I'm not a huge Carl Davis fan at the 29th pick either. I picked him because I don't feel the other DTs are still there. I was really close to replacing him with ILB Eric Kendricks or OLB Eli Harold and replacingc McBride with Tyeler Davidson whom I like.

1. Peters

2. Anthony/Dawson

3. Hardison

4. Davis

5. Geathers

6. Miller

6. Austin Hill WR Az

7. Hackett

7. Rush

Pretty close to the same thoughts. I think you will have to take Campbell early than the 5th.

Really like Hill had a great yr in 2012 looked like a top 50 pick 6'2 214 took Pac 12 by storm blew out his knee in 2013 started to come back around last year. If he returns to his 2012 form he's the steal of the draft

That would be a heck of a draft as well. I agree with you on Hill in this draft. If he pans out and recovers to his 2012 form this guy will be the big steal of the draft.

I'm no graft guru, I will admit that outright. But, I really don't wanna see us draft a RB or WR the entire draft. NT yes, safety yes, look at the quality of centers available, OT, & LBs.

I don't really get mesmerized by mock drafts but I know which guys are good at it constructing them I mean. I can only judge who we get & whether they can play or not. I suck at college to the pros projections.

I'm way out of my element here, but I appreciate the dedication & devotion some fans have here compiling them with a purpose though.

I am with you I really hope we don't take a RB or WR the first 2 days.

There is a lot of talent at both positions and the potential to grab a diffeence maker especially at RB on day 3.

I hope we stick to BPA I think with 9 picks we could end up with a RB and WR

Why are you against taking a flier on a WR with big upside in the 6/7 round?

1. Peters

2. Anthony/Dawson

3. Hardison

4. Davis

5. Geathers

6. Miller

6. Austin Hill WR Az

7. Hackett

7. Rush

haha, right on. Hadn't done much research on Hill until you mentioned him, and I have to say, very good catch. I would be quite pleased to see this guy come off the board in the 6th. I also think you were wise to have Miller go in our earlier 6th picks than our later, because quite frankly he's been solid enough in college that I'm a little surprised people peg him as a 6-7th rounder at all. I also hadn't done much research on Hardison, and I'm liking what I see from him too. I think our 3rd and 4th round picks are interchangeable based on what best talent would be available. There are some DTs and RBs in the 3rd and in the 4th that I like and I'm optimistic one will fall to us at each pick. Great mock and thanks for the feedback! 

Mock 1 is the best mock I've seen for us.  The main difference I have with my current mock is that I would take the opportunity to grab a RT to be there in case Cherilus is affected by injury (and succeed him if Cherilus is alright).  The RB is more of a late-round need for me, though you hit on someone I might not be able to pass up on in the 3rd (my favorite RB in the draft).  I also really like Davison and Rowe for us...

Mock 1 is the best mock I've seen for us. The main difference I have with my current mock is that I would take the opportunity to grab a RT to be there in case Cherilus is affected by injury (and succeed him if Cherilus is alright). The RB is more of a late-round need for me, though you hit on someone I might not be able to pass up on in the 3rd (my favorite RB in the draft). I also really like Davison and Rowe for us...

Thanks for the feeback. I agree with your RB philosophy. I like some late round guys like Crockett, but as you said (roughly) there are a few RBs that if they fall to us in the 3rd, I'd hope Grigson and co. take a long hard look at them before they move on. I don't know if I want us to pass on the value of getting them in the 3rd. (But let's be real, the draft is unpredictable, there could just as easily be a stud at another position that is available too, or Grigson will just draft someone unexpectes like a tight end, haha)

Derrick Malone is a horrible liability and will not have a career on Sundays.

Interesting, what's the story on him? I saw nothing about him that made me think he'd be a superstar or anything, but he's a sixth rounder whom was pretty productive his senior year. What issues should I be looking for? Thanks for the feedback.

Interesting, what's the story on him? I saw nothing about him that made me think he'd be a superstar or anything, but he's a sixth rounder whom was pretty productive his senior year. What issues should I be looking for? Thanks for the feedback.

He's okay at best in coverage and a complete liability against the rush.  I've never seen someone take as many bad angles or fill the wrong hole as often.  On the entire Ducks team last year, their weakest link was ILB and all Duck fans were begging to get his snaps taken away for younger players.  I'll be surprised if he gets drafted.