Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pernell McPhee sign with Chicago [Merge]

Taking age + contract into consideration

1. Hardy

2. Graham

3. Cole

4. Morgan

5. Orakpo

That's sad. Your #2 choice had microfracture surgery four years ago. I think it's unlikely that he survives a five year contract. And your #1 option is coming off a messy and ugly domestic violence trial. The market for pass rusher is really weak/flawed.

I'd almost prefer to make a run at Justin Houston. After KC gets done with free agency, there might be a way to poison pill an offer sheet. They're already tight on the cap.

do something about what?  The Colts have had just as much opportunity to reach out to FA's as every other team. 

I don't think they understand the process.

FA is a high priced crap shoot I would like to see some of our own get signed Adams and Sergio in particular and Reitz.

Not sure why people are acting like McPhee got way overpaid. The salary cap keeps going up and he only got 16m guaranteed. Or do we just yell out "overpaid" when anyone signs with another team in FA?

Not sure why people are acting like McPhee got way overpaid. The salary cap keeps going up and he only got 16m guaranteed. Or do we just yell out "overpaid" when anyone signs with another team in FA?

"Or do we just yell out "overpaid" when anyone signs with another team in FA?"

Yep we do.....We try extra hard to ignore the GUARANTEED portion of the contract :funny:           

Yeah, he got Kruger money from 2013, in 2015. If he's overpaid, it's not by a lot. 

That's sad. Your #2 choice had microfracture surgery four years ago. I think it's unlikely that he survives a five year contract. And your #1 option is coming off a messy and ugly domestic violence trial. The market for pass rusher is really weak/flawed.

I'd almost prefer to make a run at Justin Houston. After KC gets done with free agency, there might be a way to poison pill an offer sheet. They're already tight on the cap.

Cole and Morgan are better 4-3 fits IMO. I think I might take Worilds over the entire list

Get Hardy, he's going to come at a discount .... just make sure the contract is set up so we can get out of it if he does something stupid.  Seems like an affordable low risk, high reward player as long as the contract is written correctly.

if only it were restricted to only when FAs sign with "another team". lol  no matter who we sign or don't sign, Grigson will have failed and massively overpaid anyone who gets signed.