Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tamba Hali restructures contract :(

12isthenew18

houston was a 3rd rounder

So what?  If he's now one of the best young pass rushers in the league who cares what round he was picked in.  It's totally irrelevant to what he is worth now.

For a team picking at the end of the first round (and expected to pick at the end of the first round next year), it could very well make sense to get an impact player like this.  The only downside is the contract.  It's nice to have productive players on those rookie contract numbers for 4 or 5 years -- but you'd have to be very lucky to end up with somebody who can make that kind of impact.

houston was a 3rd rounder

And Bjorn Werner was a 1st rounder......your turn.... :)

Look.....we need to add 3-4 proven cornerstone playmakers, and the prospect of a pass-rushing OLB in this draft falling to #29, or beyond, is wishful thinking.

Some of this roster will have to be built with marquee players.....and they ain't cheap.

But I would like an answer to my question. When did Houston become the best rusher in the NFL?????

idk maybe when he nearly broke the NFL sack record with 22 sacks and has been a complete monster for KC

Why do you think so many on this board have said they would be ok with giving up TWO first rounders plus the money for him?

idk maybe when he nearly broke the NFL sack record with 22 sacks and has been a complete monster for KC

JJ Watt laughs at your comment.

Why do you think so many on this board have said they would be ok with giving up TWO first rounders plus the money for him?

You are the Only poster who i have seen this from.

Fixed.

Talent-wise...I don't disagree with a Colts fan wanting Dez. He'd create nightmares along with TY in our offense.

But Dez Bryant is a thug....and has just as much chance of being thrown in prison as he does being elected to the Hall of Fame.

Seriously.... why do you you think Jerry Jones, of all people, isn't offering him what he's actually worth?

Under the circumstances, I wouldn't even part with a 2nd round pick for Bryant.

Back to Justin Houston....if you want to use a JJ Watt comparison as justification for not giving up the two 1st round picks for Houston, that's just a flimsy redirect.

One 1st rounder for Justin Houston would be highway robbery....two 1st rounders, very likely late in the round, is still a good deal.

Now....IF Grigson can land Pernell McPhee and either Ngata, Dan Williams or Pot Roast instead, and avoid the draft pick compensation....I'm fine with that too.

But after that pathetic trampling versus NE...again....our Front 7 undeniably needs upgrading.

If they do indeed agree to a deal with Maclin, as stated in that report.....I would then submit an offer sheet for Justin Houston.

I agree...if there is a player out there worth the price of two first rd picks...especially where we typically draft...its Houston. Immediate franchise pass rusher for the next 5-6 years. KC doesn't have a ton of cap space...we would force their hand to spend now. Honestly that is a good call. IMO if he really did hit the market he would have been in more demand than Suh.