Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Colts GM Ryan Grigson may not throw in the towel on current offensive line

TKnight24

I'd like to see Reitz at RG. That's his natural position, although he played admirably at RT. We need to get another RT in FA if we release Cherilus and then draft another versatile lineman like Jamil Douglas or La'el Collins who can eventually come in and start at whatever position we need them to.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think not bringing in a guard would be a really, really bad decision. I mean, it seems pretty obvious to me. It hasn't worked in 3 years, so its time to go buy one of the best guards in FA, IMO. Maybe a Center too. We'll keep screwing around and we'll have a mediocre O-Line this next season too. Luck wont have any time in the pocket, and we wont be able to run the ball either. I'm going to try and not stress about this though, because I have faith we'll do the smart thing in the end. Which is bring in a pro bowl type FA O-Lineman (or 2) for an immediate and quick fix.

Well, he's already brought in Heenan. And then there's the draft.

Well, he's already brought in Heenan. And then there's the draft.

Yeah, hopefully Heenan is a nice surprise, but I just think we need to bring in a proven guard. Then we'll know what we're getting instead of just hoping for Thornton, Heenan, or a draft pick to pan out. The only O-Line position I'd draft is a Tackle to replace Cherilus.

I thought the line vs. the reigning Super Bowl champs looked horrendous, as they had the previous 3 times before that.  In AFCCG I remember Collins ans Hightower lining up over A gaps and wreaking havoc when they came in on Luck...  I remember Ninkovic owning Joe Reitz on every play when he rushed instead of dropping off into coverage ... I remember  Chandler Jones working Castonzo for a few pressures and a QB hit...  I remember the Pats sending more than 4 rushers twice all game, and many times dropped off players and rushed 2 or 3, yet luck still had a bad night and only one pass over 10 yards, and also stopped his scrambling ability...

Sometimes it is not X's and O's, it's Jimmy's and Joe's.  Other times (see above), it's both.

Yeah agree with this. Usually when you are the short end of a 45 -7 score , you lose most of the match ups. Either that or the other team messed with the footballs.

Yeah agree with this. Usually when you are the short end of a 45 -7 score , you lose most of the match ups. Either that or the other team messed with the footballs.

Dude as much as I hate to admit it we really sucked in New England  balls or no balls  & that was'nt the first time .IMO if true it was unnecessary .

I look forward to the whole story from an independent source& thats the Wells report at that time I look forward to the debate .

If he doesnt replace Holmes and Thorton then poor Luck will be running for his live all season, idk about you guys but im tired of seening Luck have no time to throw, If we want to fix this then we need to bring in Wisnewski at C and a RG we might need to draft a RT in the 1st, i would be ok with that as long as we fix the Oline.. Dallas is a perfect example of what a Great Oline can do for an offense and the colts are an example of what a bad Oline can do to a top offense. Not to mention it will improvie the run game taking some pressure off Luck and opening up big plays with play action!

Dude as much as I hate to admit it we really sucked in New England  balls or no balls  & that was'nt the first time .IMO if true it was unnecessary .

I look forward to the whole story from an independent source& thats the Wells report at that time I look forward to the debate .

Dude... I was joking.