Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dez Bryant rumor

Dustin

No but I would never under any circumstances trust TMZ as a source of information and news

I used to be like that, till they were the ones that started breaking major stories i.e. Michael Jackson's Death, Whitney Houston, etc.  I'm not calling them CNN by any means but they usually more often than not are accurate with their reports versus being wrong. jus sayin  :2c:

Fans want the league cleaned up, but in order to do that, you have to get rid of guys like Dez.  If you read anything about him (assuming the reports are correct), Dallas has "people" around him constantly trying to keep him out of trouble since the day they drafted him.  We Colts fans take D. Jackson to task for his behavior while Dez has a worse reputation and has half of Texas wearing his jersey. 

TMZ is right far more than they are wrong.

They're also rumor mongers and attention whores, masquerading as media, just without the journalistic standards.

They bait stories and float rumors as truth, embellish accounts, etc. It's true that they are able to break big stories, but that doesn't make them respectable. JMO

They're also rumor mongers and attention whores, masquerading as media, just without the journalistic standards.

They bait stories and float rumors as truth, embellish accounts, etc. It's true that they are able to break big stories, but that doesn't make them respectable. JMO

You won't get me to disagree with a word you say.

I have a good friend.   He worked there for about a year and a half.    Called it the worst job he ever had. 

I was looking for work and inquired with him.  

His response?      "Mike,  I like you WAY too much to let you work here!   You're much too nice a guy to work here!"

Perhaps the kindest "no" I've ever received!

They only exist because we (the population at large) want the tripe they are selling. The same as National Enquirer or any other tabloid. The media is always a reflection of those they serve.

You won't get me to disagree with a word you say.

I have a good friend.   He worked there for about a year and a half.    Called it the worst job he ever had. 

I was looking for work and inquired with him.  

His response?      "Mike,  I like you WAY too much to let you work here!   You're much too nice a guy to work here!"

Perhaps the kindest "no" I've ever received!

You and I should PM some time soon. I know you worked as a journalist for a number of years. I worked in PR for years as well. Don't anymore but still stay in touch with my colleagues. Would love to hear your thoughts on the way we consume information and how that effects the media landscape. The blending that is going on between true journalistic reporting and citizen reporting is almost equal now.

They only exist because we (the population at large) want the tripe they are selling. The same as National Enquirer or any other tabloid. The media is always a reflection of those they serve.

I don't care that they exist, especially as a tabloid, which is how they launched. I don't care that they break stories, either. I don't consume them because I don't like them. I just dislike the hypocrisy and sensationalism. I'm sure that comes as no surprise.

Fans want the league cleaned up, but in order to do that, you have to get rid of guys like Dez.  If you read anything about him (assuming the reports are correct), Dallas has "people" around him constantly trying to keep him out of trouble since the day they drafted him.  We Colts fans take D. Jackson to task for his behavior while Dez has a worse reputation and has half of Texas wearing his jersey. 

Colts fans would be doing the same thing Cowboy fans are doing it if was Luck instead of Jackson.  In general, fans level of concern really is dependent on the level of play of said player.  The better the player the more leash the player gets.  I remembered this board blowing up anytime the rumors of Peyton's infidelity would pop up.  That would be squashed and anyone who agreed or spoke on the rumors were basically ran out of town.

Dez hasn't been arrested. The Cowboys drafted him and put a team in place to help him, in the name of protecting their investment. I think it was smart, and it's evidently helped/worked. 

And really, D. Jackson wasn't taken to task. The overall response to his situation was pretty mild, IMO.

You just described the media as a whole