Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning re-doing contract

oldunclemark

Yea im not sure why Manning would want to collect every last dime at this point in his career.. He wants to go out with another Lombardi and hes got endorsements out the wazoo...  I can't even imagine what he makes from his Papa Johns ownership of 50 or so stores...

Other than ego, he has no reason to take a bit of a pay cut to ensure that he has the best team around him to win a championship at this point in his career.

Taking a pay cut wont ensure anything........

Do you think Tony Romo should take a pay cut to sign Dez?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/john-elway-denver-broncos-peyton-manning-021915

Elway said the following at the combine:

"Peyton can fit into this offense very easily," Elway said. "It's very dependent on balance. Peyton won't have to throw the ball 50 or 55 times. That gets more helpful, the older you get."

I do wonder if the offensive system is something Manning is weighing. He has never been in an offense that did not focus on him throwing and he is a rhythm QB as well. It makes sense what Elway is doing as that is what was done for him at the end of his career when the Broncos signed Davis. This type of O will also keep Manning healthier as less hits and less wear and tear on his throwing arm.

I believe Peyton will be back and will let it be known officially after passing his physical.

I don't quite get WHY this is such a topic for Pats fans or why anyone of them care about what his contract is or will be. :scratch: just something to yak about I suppose.

I think the Ball experiment is over or at least it should be.

I agree 100% AMF. Ball is done in Denver. Backs from the Badger State just don't perform well at the next level. Both Ron Dane & Montee Ball just disappointed me immensely in the pros.

WI can transition TEs, WRs, linemen, & a SB winning QB in RW into the NFL, but our RBs suck or leave a lot to be desired in professional football.

The odd thing is this: Our college program is predicated on the run so you'd think UW-Madison would mold decent backs for a team, but we really don't. Sad & confusing really in my estimation.