Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Butlers 3 Different Stories

AndreRison

Butler gave 3 different stories, when talking about his interception.

When first asked about the play, he says

"I knew what was going to happen. I don't know how I knew. I just knew. I just beat him to the point and caught the ball."

Not so strange until he changes his story.

“I knew they were going to throw it,” Butler said. “Our defensive coordinator [Matt Patricia] is real smart and went with a goal-line, three-cornerback [formation]. We knew they were going to throw the ball."

Now that is a strange comment. He then says,

“I saw Wilson looking over there [toward the receivers],” Butler added. “He kept his head still and just looked over there, so that gave me a clue, and the stacked receivers. I just knew they were going to throw. My instincts, I just went with it — just went with my mind and made the play.”

So when did Matt Patricia know they were gonna run that play? Well let's hear what the back up QB had to say.

“We did [beat him], and Josh [boyce] got a touchdown on him,”“It got him ready and he knew what to expect. Jumping a route like that, it’s very impressive. That’s all instincts,” Garoppolo said. “I can’t remember what [butler] did wrong in practice, but it paid off tonight.”

So they knew they would run this in practice?

Let me get this straight. Marshall Faulk says in their Superbowl, the Patriots called perfect defenses for plays they never ran before. Kurt Warner thought it was odd.

In the Carolina Superbowl, the GM of their team said something similar.

Now in this Superbowl the 2 young guys can't shut up about their psychic defensive coordinator. I mean, Butler said a lot but he didn't give up the practice quote. That was Garoppolo.

What got me thinking about this was, Sal Pal mentioned it on the herd.

Sal also said, Browner went to Butler before the play and reminded Butler that he got beat on that play in practice. Sal got that from Butler.

So why does Butler give 3 different stories? Did the Patriots cheat again?

Are you serious?

Wow.

How's the stock of tinfoil?

You do realize that the Patriots knew that Lynch rarely scored from the 1 yard line, right ? 1 td in 5 tries, or something along those lines .

Teams run that slant play ALL THE TIME.

Am I on a Patriot forum? No

Are the Patriots in the NFL? Yes

Is this the NFL section of the Colts forum? Yes

Have the Patriots been caught cheating before? Yes

Do we have multiple former players saying the Patriots cheated by stealing their game plan through spying, which is and was illegal? Yes

Are we allowed to discuss odd comments that could be circumstantial evidence of cheating? I hope so. Patriots cheating seems very relevant to what's going on in the NFL.

This is a team that stands accused of cheating there way to the Superbowl.

This is a team that stands accused of cheating by stealing gameplans, and exact plays that other teams ran in the Superbowl.

What is going on when you can't discuss this stuff in a Colts forum without multiple people calling the accuser names, and wanting the thread shut down?

Are you serious?

Wow.

You do realize that the Patriots knew that Lynch rarely scored from the 1 yard line, right ? 1 td in 5 tries, or something along those lines .

Were you stunned when they passed in that situation? If you werent, then you and about 5 other fans weren't stunned.

Most of the Seahawks players were stunned they didn't run there.

But I'm supposed to believe Belichick wasn't? Not only was he not stunned, he knew exactly what play they were gonna run, to what player, and where it would be thrown.

Are you serious?

Wow.

I know Lynch has bad numbers from the 1 but also the Patriots gave up 5 TDs on 6 carries against other teams from the 1 all year and the Seahawks had 3 shots.

The shear lunacy of this thread is mind boggling.

Deflategate needs to be renamed Hategate...because some of the things that people have come up with the last couple weeks...i mean...wow.

Do what everyone else has been doing.

Come up with a conspiracy that you can't prove, and claim it to be true. Repeat it often enough, and some will buy it wholesale due to hatred and jealousy.

Show me the last time a team knew exactly what play was gonna be ran at the end of the game.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/02/super-bowl-49-darrell-bevell-play-call-interception/

So what tipped Butler off on a quick slant in a situation where everyone was expecting run?

“They called goal-line three receivers; goal-line usually has two receivers,” he said. “You still could pass either way, but three receivers? That’s kind of letting you know something. I’m a pass defender first, and I just jumped the route.

“I don’t even remember who I was on. 83? I just knew it was stack and I jumped the route and that was the ball game.”

You are the only person in America espousing a crazy conspiracy theory. Don't you think the Seahawks would be crying foul if they suspected something? Your analysis reeks of someone who doesn't really understand football at all and is more interested in crying about a rival team that owns your team. 

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/02/super-bowl-49-darrell-bevell-play-call-interception/

So what tipped Butler off on a quick slant in a situation where everyone was expecting run?

“They called goal-line three receivers; goal-line usually has two receivers,” he said. “You still could pass either way, but three receivers? That’s kind of letting you know something. I’m a pass defender first, and I just jumped the route.

“I don’t even remember who I was on. 83? I just knew it was stack and I jumped the route and that was the ball game.”

You are the only person in America espousing a crazy conspiracy theory. Don't you think the Seahawks would be crying foul if they suspected something? Your analysis reeks of someone who doesn't really understand football at all and is more interested in crying about a rival team that owns your team.

Serious question. Why does 3 receivers tip anybody off to a quick slant?

I personally think the Patriots cheated, and that's how they knew it would be a pass-slant-lockette.

I really don't care if anybody else in the world believes that, though. I'm a random guy on a random message board. Everybody's getting bent out of shape. If you don't believe it, fine. Don't attack someone else, it's not like this is unheard of. If someone came on here saying any other team did it though, that might be far fetched. The Patriots did this to themselves. They admitted to illegally taping teams.

Serious question. Why does 3 receivers tip anybody off to a quick slant?

I personally think the Patriots cheated, and that's how they knew it would be a pass-slant-lockette.

I really don't care if anybody else in the world believes that, though. I'm a random guy on a random message board. Everybody's getting bent out of shape. If you don't believe it, fine. Don't attack someone else, it's not like this is unheard of. If someone came on here saying any other team did it though, that might be far fetched. The Patriots did this to themselves. They admitted to illegally taping teams.

I'm not attacking you. I'm attacking your pathetically ill-informed theory. If you are going to be sensitive about people laughing at your silly theory, then don't post it. Once it's out there, people are going to comment on it....negatively in this case.

I'm not attacking you. I'm attacking your pathetically ill-informed theory. If you are going to be sensitive about people laughing at your silly theory, then don't post it. Once it's out there, people are going to comment on it....negatively in this case.

I quoted you just for the question.

I don't care if people are negative on the internet. I just wonder what's the point of a football forum if you can't debate whether Patriots are cheating or not. I mean it's not like this came our of left field. Football people have been saying this for years.

Just last week we were getting updates from every football analyst and non football journalist, every single day, on whether the Patriots cheated.

Of course a Patriot fan wants it locked.

Not because I care about the content and drivel that you're spewing, I'm just someone that wants to see things fairly moderated because I know I couldn't make a thread like this about the Colts with zero evidence based 100% on my own speculative, extremely bias opinion.

It's baiting/inciting and you're accusing them of the most absurd things with nothing to back your claims up, not a single news source, article or anything.

it's just a thread you made to spew your hate and actively participate in slander/defemation of character

I don't care if people are negative on the internet. I just wonder what's the point of a football forum if you can't debate whether Patriots are cheating or not. I mean it's not like this came our of left field. Football people have been saying this for years.

Just last week we were getting updates from every football analyst and non football journalist, every single day, on whether the Patriots cheated.

And now that the Superbowl is over and everybody realizes that there was nothing to the deflated balls story, most sensible people have let it go. I know it probably hurts deeply for you to read all the glowing stories about Brady replacing Montana and Belichick replacing Walsh, Landry, etc...but that's just reality now.

When do you draw the line of a guy/team making a play.....versus "they taped our plays they knew it was coming, they are cheaters".....

Are all Patriots take aways the result of cheating according to you?

If this was the Patriots saying we knew they were gonna pass or we knew they were gonna run, there's nothing here. But we have a Rookie who had his first ever interception on the last play of the Superbowl, after giving 3 different stories on how he knew the play was coming. Not just a pass, not just a slant, not just to Lockette, but he knew every detail, when Seattle had only ran that formation 4 times all year.

If this was the Patriots saying we knew they were gonna pass or we knew they were gonna run, there's nothing here. But we have a Rookie who had his first ever interception on the last play of the Superbowl, after giving 3 different stories on how he knew the play was coming. Not just a pass, not just a slant, not just to Lockette, but he knew every detail, when Seattle had only ran that formation 4 times all year.

Tearing you up inside, isn't it? Do you realize that that interception secured Brady as the greatest QB of all time?! High five!

And now that the Superbowl is over and everybody realizes that there was nothing to the deflated balls story, most sensible people have let it go. I know it probably hurts deeply for you to read all the glowing stories about Brady replacing Montana and Belichick replacing Walsh, Landry, etc...but that's just reality now.

I seriously could care less if people put Brady above every other Quarterback. I don't think he's better, so who cares? Bill is a genius, though. I think he's a cheating genius, but a football genius, nonetheless. I think he is obsessed with winning,which allowed him to be the best. He just took it too far. Brady, though is no better than any other big name QB in the league.