Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

9 AFCCG appearances vs 9 one and done's

MJD42

Fourth, I get the sense the Denver media and fans are really irate as they have a right to be given this whole situation with Fox being fired came out of the blue on the heels of a terrible performance by their team. Manning seems to be the fall guy for this which is unfortunate as he has played at such a high level there for the past three seasons. I am fine if you want to criticize for the guy for his play on the field but to say you want a cement truck to fall on his head is waaay over the line. Honestly, this is why I have always hated Denver.

And yet when you look back to the first month of this season, look at how Brady was being treated, both locally AND nationally. Look, Peyton was terrible on Sunday, and he's been terrible for the past 6 weeks. Whether it was in part due to injury or not, he didnt give his team a chance to win. In this case though, the coaches are the ones being made the scapegoat here and once again the national media is giving Peyton a pass...the locals just arent and thats why it seems to be much more vitriolic. I dont blame the Denver fans at all for the criticism....this team was loaded from top to bottom, and their quarterback ended up being the weak link at the end.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can math pretty well there, buddy. Being down by 28 is much more fun, harder, and impressive to come back from than 14 twice, IN MY OPINION. The moral factor for the team down by 28 can be shot dead in most cases, but the team fought back.

Sure. Great feat but it has been done before and by more points down by back up Frank Reich. What Brady did has never been done so that was really the point. But Luck's was impressive too.

Sure. Great feat but it has been done before and by more points down by back up Frank Reich. What Brady did has never been done so that was really the point. But Luck's was impressive too.

Frank Reich came back while down by only 3 more points, so basically a field goal. But ok... Frank Reich > Andrew Luck & Tom Brady.

And yet when you look back to the first month of this season, look at how Brady was being treated, both locally AND nationally. Look, Peyton was terrible on Sunday, and he's been terrible for the past 6 weeks. Whether it was in part due to injury or not, he didnt give his team a chance to win. In this case though, the coaches are the ones being made the scapegoat here and once again the national media is giving Peyton a pass...the locals just arent and thats why it seems to be much more vitriolic. I dont blame the Denver fans at all for the criticism....this team was loaded from top to bottom, and their quarterback ended up being the weak link at the end.

Excellent points and I don't disagree but I was more commenting on the personal attacks saying they want a cement truck to fall on his head. That is over the top IMO.

Frank Reich came back while down by only 3 more points, so basically a field goal. But ok... Frank Reich > Andrew Luck & Tom Brady.

lol. Way to create a strawman. Who said anything about Reich being better than Luck. The point was playoff comebacks and the fact that what Luck did has been done and topped by Reich. Brady's has never been done before. If that gets you all hot and bothered then have at it.

lol. Way to create a strawman. Who said anything about Reich being better than Luck. The point was playoff comebacks and the fact that what Luck did has been done and topped by Reich. Brady's has never been done before. If that gets you all hot and bothered then have at it.

haha you would like that wouldn't ya? :flirty: :flirt:

So you think coming back from 14 down twice in a playoff game is no big deal? Despite it never being done before?

Ya because you can score a td to make it 7 and then they score again so that's 14 twice. This can all happen in the first quarter and then you have good second half. We see it all the time. They are just trying to make a big deal from something small. They played a great game and won.

Record? What part of "never been done" in a playoff game is lost on you?

Umm cause I don't see it as a big deal. It's only a big deal to you new england fans. To me it hairball ask the time. Down by 14, score a td now your down by 7, then they score one now you're down by 14 again then you win. Life I said, it's been done before. Just trying to make this done sorry if grandiose thing cause its brady and he's the only one who can do it somehow.

Good one.  :)

I didn't know there were little girl emoticons like that. lol. This forum has great emoticons. My favorite is the kitty  :grumpy:

There are too many good ones. Some, I have no clue what the heck they are like these:

Trout smack:

:trout:

Sheep Kool-Aid:

:sheepaid:

But I also like:

:unicorn: :cloud9: :hippies:

.this team was loaded from top to bottom, and their quarterback ended up being the weak link at the end.

I disagree, maybe Peyton didn't play to his full potential, but what about thier "pro bowl caliber" defense? They were the other weak link.They failed to keep the Colts from scoring 24 points, heck at least Peyton got them 14 points, what did the D get them, other then a couple interceptions?

The idea that a QB's legacy is directly related to his success in the playoffs or Super Bowl is hogwash. There have been plenty of great QB's over the years that have not fared so well in the SB or playoffs. IDK how many times I have to say it but football is a TEAM game. There's too many factors in a SB winning team to put all the credit or all the blame on the QB.

Fran Tarkenton, Great QB. Jim Kelly, great QB. Dan Marino, Great QB.

Is Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Jay Schrdoeder, Brad Johnson, even Troy Aikman better than those guys?

Get real, there are still probably 25 teams in the NFL that would take Peyton Manning over what they have right now. Let alone what he was in his prime. Yes, he has the playoff loss record but heck, when you make it into the playoffs every single year your gonna pile up some losses.

Ya because you can score a td to make it 7 and then they score again so that's 14 twice. This can all happen in the first quarter and then you have good second half. We see it all the time. They are just trying to make a big deal from something small. They played a great game and won.

It has never been done in a playoff game so it is not easy and I am guessing it has been done rarely in the regular season ...

The idea that a QB's legacy is directly related to his success in the playoffs or Super Bowl is hogwash. There have been plenty of great QB's over the years that have not fared so well in the SB or playoffs. IDK how many times I have to say it but football is a TEAM game. There's too many factors in a SB winning team to put all the credit or all the blame on the QB.

Fran Tarkenton, Great QB. Jim Kelly, great QB. Dan Marino, Great QB.

Is Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Jay Schrdoeder, Brad Johnson, even Troy Aikman better than those guys?

Get real, there are still probably 25 teams in the NFL that would take Peyton Manning over what they have right now. Let alone what he was in his prime. Yes, he has the playoff loss record but heck, when you make it into the playoffs every single year your gonna pile up some losses.

Nobody has ever said that playoff success is the SOLE decider for anything...but it is taken into account when talking about the perception of these guys.

The greatest of the greats are judged by the hardware/rings. That is true in every pro sport.

TEAM game. Some are more fortunate than others. You don't have Joe Montana without Bill Walsh.  You don't have Bradshaw without Franco, Mean Joe, Hamm, Lambert etc, you don't have Turkey Tom without Billy Boy

TEAM game. Some are more fortunate than others. You don't have Joe Montana without Bill Walsh.  You don't have Bradshaw without Franco, Mean Joe, Hamm, Lambert etc, you don't have Turkey Tom without Billy Boy

They are all team games but it does not matter. A QB's ability to lead his team to championships is a big factor in his greatest. And that has been true from the start and it spans all pro sports.

They are all team games but it does not matter. A QB's ability to lead his team to championships is a big factor in his greatest. And that has been true from the start and it spans all pro sports.

Here's the thing, no one is going to convince me that Terry Bradshaw who has 4 SB rings was a better QB than Marino who has none. This is the flaw with the theory that because a QB has more rings he's automatically thought more highly of than one who has none or less. No one is going to convince me that because Manning only has 1 SB ring and has the most losses in playoff history that he isn't a better QB than Brad Johnson, or Mark Rypien or Troy Aikman or Trent Dilfer.

If we are talking golf or tennis maybe the "majors won" thing is a valid argument.

Here's the thing, no one is going to convince me that Terry Bradshaw who has 4 SB rings was a better QB than Marino who has none. This is the flaw with the theory that because a QB has more rings he's automatically thought more highly of than one who has none or less. No one is going to convince me that because Manning only has 1 SB ring and has the most losses in playoff history that he isn't a better QB than Brad Johnson, or Mark Rypien or Troy Aikman or Trent Dilfer.

If we are talking golf or tennis maybe the "majors won" thing is a valid argument.

Sure that is your opinion and I get it on one level but when a QB of Manning's stature possesses the same amount of rings as a Brad Johnson or Mark Rypien and has historical records for losing in the post-season then he really is not in the same conversation as Montana, Brady, Elway, or Bradshaw ...

Sure that is your opinion and I get it on one level but when a QB of Manning's stature possesses the same amount of rings as a Brad Johnson or Mark Rypien and has historical records for losing in the post-season then he really is not in the same conversation as Montana, Brady, Elway, or Bradshaw ...

You people have some serious esteem issues.

:headspin:

this team was loaded from top to bottom, and their quarterback ended up being the weak link at the end.

And there it is. The same old argument. Always Manning's fault in the playoffs, but when brady loses its always someone else's fault or injury or some reason why he could never be held accountable. The excuses flow for brady life the Niagara falls.

Manning 13 losses, Favre 11, Brady 8. There's 1, 2 and 3. Ya, your argument makes sense to me now

I love how you pick and choose the stats you want to apply. Championships are a team thing but if to go by stats, Manning owns all the major passing records except one which he will get next year. But you have to ignore all those stats to justify your argument. It's amazing How much you ignore to justify your points.

BTW, Elway only has 2 so he's not in the conversation with the others you mention

If you had to pick a QB in a big game (SB) for 100K and you had Brady , Montana and Manning to pick from , who would you take ? I love PM and don't like TB so don't make me reveal who I would take. Now does that mean I think Brady is way above Manning when you compare the two ? Man... that's a tough one. I'd say they're different guys .....

If you had to pick a QB in a big game (SB) for 100K and you had Brady , Montana and Manning to pick from , who would you take ? I love PM and don't like TB so don't make me reveal who I would take. Now does that mean I think Brady is way above Manning when you compare the two ? Man... that's a tough one. I'd say they're different guys .....

Appreciate your honesty here. Now when you say they are different guys, how so?

BTW, loved your boxing analogy on the other thread ... great stuff.

And there it is. The same old argument. Always Manning's fault in the playoffs, but when brady loses its always someone else's fault or injury or some reason why he could never be held accountable. The excuses flow for brady life the Niagara falls.

I'm sorry but are you really going to try and convince us that Peyton didnt play like garbage on Sunday? It's ok to criticize your guy...heck, I do with Brady when its warranted.

The regular Patriots fans here have always been pretty open about Brady's play...the times when we defend him are say, when he scores to give him team a lead with a minute or two to go and then the defense couldnt stop the other team after. But that was not the case for Peyton on Sunday...he never gave them a chance, and the locals in Denver recognized it, and Elway is scapegoating the coaching staff because he wants Peyton back next year.