Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts will beat the Cowboys thread.

SilentHill

I do think Romo is a good QB, but I can't say there isn't a bit of truth to the choker thing until he proves differently.

Tony Romo leads the NFL in 4th qtr comebacks since in 2006 (starting year), with 27, including 4 this year.

Consecutive years either in the playoffs or right at the end of the year at a time like this weekend when the game is on the line and the Boys are counting on Romo to pull the thing out it always tends to end in some kind of turnover by him. 

That's the problem right there.

He's proven he can win ball games with a game winning drive. He's done it a lot. But it comes down to that situation far, far too often.

He can do one of two things - execute or fail. And when you are in the 4th with 50 seconds left down by five, the chances of failing skyrocket. 

For the record, over the past two years, Romo has one "choke" (if you choose to call it that; I do not) vs the Broncos (506 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT) to go along with 8 4th qtr comebacks.

Let's go over some of those big games he has won in this year then shall we?

Big game #1. Game against the Saints, we had been totally embarrassed last season by them and had something to prove and we destroyed them. Big game #2 Seattle Seahawks @ Seattle. Only 1 team has beaten them at home in 3 years before us. We cooked the birds very good and shocked the entire NFL. Big game #3 Philly @ Philly. 38-27. Need I say more? How about showing me a complete choke by Romo so we can compare?

Let's go over some of those big games he has won in this year then shall we?

Big game #1. Game against the Saints, we had been totally embarrassed last season by them and had something to prove and we destroyed them. Big game #2 Seattle Seahawks @ Seattle. Only 1 team has beaten them at home in 3 years before us. We cooked the birds very good and shocked the entire NFL. Big game #3 Philly @ Philly. 38-27. Need I say more? How about showing me a complete choke by Romo so we can compare?

Giants game was as beautiful of a GWD you'll ever see.

Tony Romo leads the NFL in 4th qtr comebacks since in 2006 (starting year), with 27, including 4 this year.

That's the problem right there.

He's proven he can win ball games with a game winning drive. He's done it a lot. But it comes down to that situation far, far too often.

He can do one of two things - execute or fail. And when you are in the 4th with 50 seconds left down by five, the chances of failing skyrocket. 

For the record, over the past two years, Romo has one "choke" (if you choose to call it that; I do not) vs the Broncos (506 yards, 5 TDs, 1 INT) to go along with 8 4th qtr comebacks.

Could very well be true, but most of the critics are laying their hats on the big games that are associated with advancing in the playoffs, or games that need to be won in order to make the playoffs. 

Peyton had a whole lot of come back games during the regular season himself, but most of his critics always hung their hats on his playoff debacles.  It's why the guy on First Take always calls Peyton "The Greatest Regular Season Quarterback Of All Time"