Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Get Ready For Pey-Luck, According To Hub

oldunclemark

thats not very true at all, i actually had the stats written down on here but i accidentally hit the back button and im not typing that again.

actually it is true. the difference between brady's passer rating in the regular season and the playoffs is bigger than the difference between manning's passer rating in the regular season and the playoffs. when you check your stats you will see that is true.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is Peyton actually has played pretty well in the playoffs. His image is tarnished by the 9-10 record and his two worst playoff games against the Patriots and Tom Brady.

His playoff QB Rating is 88.something, higher than Roethlisberger, Brady, etc. Yeah its no where near his reg season but we are comparing 19 games to over 200. Remember, this is the same guy who had a perfect QB rating in a playoff game. Only 1 other QB has ever done that. Manning has done enough on his part in the playoffs but when you are consistently playing against the best teams each year in the playoffs(well usually), you need every phase of the team to be playing well.

Defense not playing well cost us the '07, '08, and '10 playoff games. Special teams cost us the '05 game and arguably even the '10 game with the return. We saw in '06 how important it is for an entire team to play at a high level to get to the SB. Even in '09 despite the running game problems.

The Patriots are a prime example, they are good all around and Brady has been superb in the Super Bowl.

I dont really look at ratings when i comes to QBs i look at TD's and INT's and Brady has the edge in that one.. as for the defense not playing well that is true BUT in the regular season the defense plays the same way yet peyton still pulls out a win... It all goes hand in hand but peyton does have a tendency to be a shade of what he is in the regular season.

actually it is true. the difference between brady's passer rating in the regular season and the playoffs is bigger than the difference between manning's passer rating in the regular season and the playoffs. when you check your stats you will see that is true.

passer rating doesnt really matter much 28tds 19int's---- Peyton Manning

brady 28tds 19ints

No denying peyton is one of the greatest of all time, the guy brought this team to the superbowl while injured but he's always less stellar when it comes to the playoffs than the regular season.

thats not very true at all, i actually had the stats written down on here but i accidentally hit the back button and im not typing that again.

That is 100% true.

Manning's regular season QB rating is 94.9

Brady's regular season QB rating is 96.1

Brady's playoff qb rating is 85.7

Manning's playoff qb rating is 88.4

Brady drops over 10 points. Manning drops 6.5

YPG

Manning regular season 263.. jumps to 283 in PS

Brady regular season 246... drops to 231 in PS

CMP %

Brady's 63.9 drops to 62.2

Manning's 64.9 drops to 63.1 So those 2 are essentially the same.

So again, Brady has a bigger playoff drop off than Peyton Manning does, and look you don't even have to type it all out...

That is 100% true.

YPG

CMP %

So again, Brady has a bigger playoff drop off than Peyton Manning does, and look you don't even have to type it all out...

this ^_^

That is 100% true.

YPG

CMP %

You forgot the 28tds 19ints for manning

and 28tds 15ints for brady

I mean when it all comes down to it TD's are what that matter... peyton has actually colts more games with his INT's than brady, none greater than the last superbowl.

and that doesn't even include all the drops/tipped balls his recievers have had in the playoffs. Peyton's recievers normally have the drop-off not him. With that said, peyton did have struggles early, but those teams played in some bad conditions and his receiving core was not really good in those conditions. that is peyton's fault but also his receiver's.

I mean when it all comes down to it TD's are what that matter... peyton has actually colts more games with his INT's than brady, none greater than the last superbowl.

int are the same thing as incompletions at the end of the game. brady didn't drive his team down to win either in his sb loss at the very end (and by very end, i mean the final drive of the whole game). he had a shot and didn't do it. if he had thrown an int instead of an incompletion at the end, it would have been the same thing. manning's int also wasn't really a bad play at all. more of wayne screwed up a little. but overall that was just a great play by porter.

you are wrong in your stats. brady has better numbers than that..lol..don't know why i'm helping you make your case...

brady has 30 tds, 16 ints. have to remember that 30th td came against the jets when the came was over and they were just letting brady make completion after completion because the game was over.

I didn't forget it because it's not accurate. Your numbers for Brady are off. That last super bowl was more on Reggie Wayne 50% route and the DB getting lucky it wasn't going deep than it was on a poor throw, but you've been educated on that before, you just fail to grasp it.

Even using your TD-INT ratio, Brady's drops off in the playoffs more than Manning's. What doesn't drop off as much is Brady's team.

int are the same thing as incompletions at the end of the game. brady didn't drive his team down to win either in his sb loss at the very end (and by very end, i mean the final drive of the whole game). he had a shot and didn't do it. if he had thrown an int instead of an incompletion at the end, it would have been the same thing. manning's int also wasn't really a bad play at all. more of wayne screwed up a little. but overall that was just a great play by porter.

:) lol Those arent even close at all... do you know how many times peyton has actually thrown the ball with the CB sitting and jumping on the route? i cant BUT i can tell you that its been a plenty of times.. that INT was not Waynes fault it was peytons for not seeing the Corner jumping the route or seeing the corner backed off instead of Man coverage... collie was open but peyton went on a hot read and looked only at wayne.... so yea that "throw" was his fault.

:) lol Those arent even close at all... do you know how many times peyton has actually thrown the ball with the CB sitting and jumping on the route? i cant BUT i can tell you that its been a plenty of times.. that INT was not Waynes fault it was peytons for not seeing the Corner jumping the route or seeing the corner backed off instead of Man coverage... collie was open but peyton went on a hot read and looked only at wayne.... so yea that "throw" was his fault.

the corner hadn't jumped anything before peyton threw it. wayne did not run the correct route too. and in the afc championship when brady could have led his team down to win the game, he threw the game-sealing int, a horrible int. qbs throw ints.

And sometimes incompletions are ints but just aren't caught. brady threw about 3 int during his streak last year, but the defender just flat out dropped them.

Incorrect

negative.jpg

the corner hadn't jumped anything before peyton threw it. wayne did not run the correct route too. and in the afc championship when brady could have led his team down to win the game, he threw the game-sealing int, a horrible int. qbs throw ints.

And sometimes incompletions are ints but just aren't caught. brady threw about 3 int during his streak last year, but the defender just flat out dropped them.

Exactly.. now whether Reggie was hurt or not. that can be argued. The fact that his route wasn't his typical route can't. If he would have run it at full speed, it's incomplete at worst. If he runs the combo route off of it, it's 6 points, so not only did the DB get lucky, that paired with Wayne's poor effort resulted in the ball going the other way. Don't worry though he's been educated on this numerous times, but he fails to grasp it.

Exactly.. now whether Reggie was hurt or not. that can be argued. The fact that his route wasn't his typical route can't. If he would have run it at full speed, it's incomplete at worst. If he runs the combo route off of it, it's 6 points, so not only did the DB get lucky, that paired with Wayne's poor effort resulted in the ball going the other way. Don't worry though he's been educated on this numerous times, but he fails to grasp it.

I'm still mad wayne didn't haul manning's last pass of the game in for a td. I don't know if wayne loss all his spirit after the int, but wayne should have came up with the td.

I'm still mad wayne didn't haul manning's last pass of the game in for a td. I don't know if wayne loss all his spirit after the int, but wayne should have came up with the td.

It wasn't his best game, and his effort on the Pick six was worse than they play you just described, but it was pretty weak then too.

It wasn't his best game, and his effort on the Pick six was worse than they play you just described, but it was pretty weak then too.

That was one of the rare times i wish Peyton actually had speed, like Aaron Rodgers or Big Ben, so he could have stopped porter. I doubt our d could have stopped them though. Brees was just carving us up the whole second half.

How in the world did wayne run the wrong route when the ball was thrown near reggie and he was getting ready to turn? the colts have ran that play so many times... peyton threw it too soon, to the wrong person... thats one of the colts favorite plays. if your gonna count INT's that should have been caught then thats another story.

Why would reggie run the wrong route on one of their favorite plays lol

How in the world did wayne run the wrong route when the ball was thrown near reggie and he was getting ready to turn? the colts have ran that play so many times... peyton threw it too soon, to the wrong person... thats one of the colts favorite plays. if your gonna count INT's that should have been caught then thats another story.

Why would reggie run the wrong route on one of their favorite plays lol

It wasn't as much the wrong route, it was run at half speed and I'm being generous Board rules prevent me from terming it the way it should be... Something poor, and half something else... would would work.

It wasn't as much the wrong route, it was run at half speed and I'm being generous Board rules prevent me from terming it the way it should be... Something poor, and half something else... would would work.

You either dont know what your talking about or you just dont wanna admit that it was peytons fault for throwing the ball too soon... sooo many QBs do that, Orlovsky did it to wayne in the pats game last week and before wayne could even turn around the ball was on him and he caught it for a 1st down.

Are you trying to imply that wayne was lazy on a route... for what? because he wasnt getting the ball? if you have seen wayne and the type of person he is you wouldnt say or think that.

You either dont know what your talking about or you just dont wanna admit that it was peytons fault for throwing the ball too soon... sooo many QBs do that, Orlovsky did it to wayne in the pats game last week and before wayne could even turn around the ball was on him and he caught it for a 1st down.

Are you trying to imply that wayne was lazy on a route... for what? because he wasnt getting the ball? if you have seen wayne and the type of person he is you wouldnt say or think that.

I don't know if wayne was lazy or not on that play, but speaking to his character on the field...he can be taken out of a game. revis made it look like wayne wasnt even playing in that jets game last year. wayne was never open, which leads me to believe he wasn't giving it his all. revis is good, but all the probowl receivers he faces can at least get open on a few plays, some can even make revis look like a fool.

Reggie Wayne did not run that route the way he normally runs that route. That is why the timing was off and the ball was intercepted. If Wayne was injured and couldn't run the route at full speed that is one thing, and I'm not implying anything other than the fact that the route was not run at full speed.

That paired with the DB jumping the route. A calculated risk, because we also have combo route where Reggie turns and goes up field. Call it risk, call it luck, call it a gamble, Call it whatever you want. The lack of full speed paired with the jumping of the route was why the ball was intercepted. Even if the guy jumps the route. If Wayne runs it full speed, its incomplete at worst because he would be in a better position. He wasn't where he usually is or where he needed to be....

And peyton was much better in that sb than brady was in his first. Brady won a sb without doing much in the game at all. 17 points came from a short field because of turnovers and and 7 points came from an int returned for a td. Mr. Clutch kicker did most of the work for the win as well as the pats d.

im not gonna turn this to me defending brady, he's a likable guy but i hate the pats so im not gonna go into what you just said there.

I don't know if wayne was lazy or not on that play, but speaking to his character on the field...he can be taken out of a game. revis made it look like wayne wasnt even playing in that jets game last year. wayne was never open, which leads me to believe he wasn't giving it his all. revis is good, but all the probowl receivers he faces can at least get open on a few plays, some can even make revis look like a fool.

thats not true at all, in the first jets vs pats game revis had moss's number the whole time and he got no play... but in the second game moss had a better game.. it just varies.. there is no doubt wayne wanted to show out he was just outplayed in that game and that happens to every player.

thats not true at all, in the first jets vs pats game revis had moss's number the whole time and he got no play... but in the second game moss had a better game.. it just varies.. there is no doubt wayne wanted to show out he was just outplayed in that game and that happens to every player.

You can't bring up moss, moss was known for shutting it down. He could be brilliant one moment then the next he wouldn't give it his all, all during the same game sometimes.

Reggie Wayne did not run that route the way he normally runs that route. That is why the timing was off and the ball was intercepted. If Wayne was injured and couldn't run the route at full speed that is one thing, and I'm not implying anything other than the fact that the route was not run at full speed.

That paired with the DB jumping the route. A calculated risk, because we also have combo route where Reggie turns and goes up field. Call it risk, call it luck, call it a gamble, Call it whatever you want. The lack of full speed paired with the jumping of the route was why the ball was intercepted. Even if the guy jumps the route. If Wayne runs it full speed, its incomplete at worst because he would be in a better position. He wasn't where he usually is or where he needed to be....

Now why cant you believe that peyton was off his mark? as a QB you throw the ball to where you think the receiver is going to be.. you dont always throw it at or to him. if that pass wasnt intercepted it would be incomplete and inaccurate because wayne had to reach out.. im not gonna go into how wayne was getting ready to sit on his route... but it is evident peyton made a bad read... forget the INT collie was open yet he didnt look for collie. that pass was on peyton and him alone, for the lone fact that he threw it.

Now why cant you believe that peyton was off his mark? as a QB you throw the ball to where you think the receiver is going to be.. you dont always throw it at or to him. if that pass wasnt intercepted it would be incomplete and inaccurate because wayne had to reach out.. im not gonna go into how wayne was getting ready to sit on his route... but it is evident peyton made a bad read... forget the INT collie was open yet he didnt look for collie. that pass was on peyton and him alone, for the lone fact that he threw it.

Yes he threw it. That is the only thing about it you have accurate. Collie wasn't exactly wide open and would have been blown up if the ball was headed to him. Wayne ran a poor route for whatever reason.. Injury, lazy, tired, whatever reason makes you feel better. He had to reach out because he wasn't where he needed to be hence the poor route... It seems you grasp the concept but just fail to comprehend it.

Peyton's total qbr in his playoff games the last two seasons:

Peyton Manning, IND W 20-3 vs BAL on 1/16/10: 85.7

Peyton Manning, IND W 30-17 vs NYJ on 1/24/10: 83.9

Peyton Manning, IND L 31-17 vs NO on 2/7/10:

Peyton Manning, IND L 23-17 @ SD on 1/3/09: 67.5

Brady's total qbr in his playoff games the last two seasons:

Tom Brady, NE L 28-21 vs NYJ on 1/16/11: 9.9

Tom Brady, NE L 33-14 vs BAL on 1/10/10: 4.1

Source: http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/0/seasontype/3/type/alltime-game/page/2

About says it all.

I dont really look at ratings when i comes to QBs i look at TD's and INT's and Brady has the edge in that one.. as for the defense not playing well that is true BUT in the regular season the defense plays the same way yet peyton still pulls out a win... It all goes hand in hand but peyton does have a tendency to be a shade of what he is in the regular season.

So I guess completion percentage and yards don't count?

Using your logic as long as the QB throws as many TDs as he can and as few INTs as he can he will be the better QB

Using that logic Tim Tebow is a top 5 QB right now with a 10:1 ratio in TDs/Ints

better than even your boy Brady

Yes he threw it. That is the only thing about it you have accurate. Collie wasn't exactly wide open and would have been blown up if the ball was headed to him. Wayne ran a poor route for whatever reason.. Injury, lazy, tired, whatever reason makes you feel better. He had to reach out because he wasn't where he needed to be hence the poor route... It seems you grasp the concept but just fail to comprehend it.

Nah mate i just think your making your own concept to make you feel better about that play... so what if collie got blown up he would have got the first down or it would have been an incompletion... you throw the ball to where you "THINK" the receiver is gonna be especially when you throw the ball before he comes out of his route... that is all.

this just sounds like complete and utter denial

almost like you don't have a clue what you are saying or when the facts are put in front of you, all of a sudden you have to grasp at straws

Higher qb rating? WHO CARES ITS ALL ABOUT TDS AND INTS!

So I guess completion percentage and yards don't count?

Using your logic as long as the QB throws as many TDs as he can and as few INTs as he can he will be the better QB

Using that logic Tim Tebow is a top 5 QB right now with a 10:1 ratio in TDs/Ints

better than even your boy Brady

Dont call brady my boy aight, im a colts fan... and if tebow does continue that type of play you bet he will be one of the better QB's in the game, why? because he wins games and basically thats what happens when you throw TD's

this just sounds like complete and utter denial

almost like you don't have a clue what you are saying or when the facts are put in front of you, all of a sudden you have to grasp at straws

Higher qb rating? WHO CARES ITS ALL ABOUT TDS AND INTS!

do you even get what this all was about? or how it even started? this was about peyton winning games and.. higher QB ratings does not always tell everything about winning games... having a good amout of TD's does.

i never lost or forgot what i was talking about, you just jumped in and assumed what ever you assumed

A QB has 145 rating with 75 comp with 250yds and 1td

Another has 89 rating with 59comp with 320yds and 3td's.... who do you think one the game?

It doesn't make the most sense, it just makes happy the people who see Rodgers instead of Luck as our draft pick.

If we are switching up defensive coaches and schemes next year, coupled with the massive amount of key free agent contracts looming, we have far greater priorities.

People are just looking at the great team Green Bay had before and after Rodgers and assuming the transition is that easy. Well, we don't have a good team (apparently), so it does us no good to rebuild our back up QB situation when that pick could be traded to make us a better all around team.

You know we do have more than just a first round pick right? It would be possible to draft Luck (or whichever QB) and still be able to address several needs at other positions.