Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Get Ready For Pey-Luck, According To Hub

oldunclemark

Nah mate i just think your making your own concept to make you feel better about that play... so what if collie got blown up he would have got the first down or it would have been an incompletion... you throw the ball to where you "THINK" the receiver is gonna be especially when you throw the ball before he comes out of his route... that is all.

Yeah,, that is a concept of a timing passing game. Considering Manning wasn't rushed on his end at the point of the throw it is on the receiver to be in the spot that he normally is. On the receiver..

Just like a throw last year, they had a camera over Manning's shoulder.. This play was headed to White Manning pumps, white turns left and then back again right but the pass was already gone, to the left, picked off by I want to say Dallas going back the other way. That was miscommunication between Manning & White.

One thing about interceptions. The quarterback throws every one. How convenient to your argument. Maybe one day you'll be able to comprehend it.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah,, that is a concept of a timing passing game. Considering Manning wasn't rushed on his end at the point of the throw it is on the receiver to be in the spot that he normally is. On the receiver..

Just like a throw last year, they had a camera over Manning's shoulder.. This play was headed to White Manning pumps, white turns left and then back again right but the pass was already gone, to the left, picked off by I want to say Dallas going back the other way. That was miscommunication between Manning & White.

One thing about interceptions. The quarterback throws every one. How convenient to your argument. Maybe one day you'll be able to comprehend it.

You cant compare that cause that wasnt even the same route.... i have one for you though, in the pats afc championship game peyton throws the ball to marvin same type of play but assante jumped it and ran for a TD... was that because marvin was tired to? lol.. you believe what you wanna believe mate.

You cant compare that cause that wasnt even the same route.... i have one for you though, in the pats afc championship game peyton throws the ball to marvin same type of play but assante jumped it and ran for a TD... was that because marvin was tired to? lol.. you believe what you wanna believe mate.

those are two different int. asante was right there. peyton made a mistake with the throw imo. idk if marvin had done everything properly on that route but i consider it to be more peytons fault. That int was similar to the one brady threw at the end of that game.

I'd have to go back and look at the play before I commented on it.. There is a huge difference in a defender making a great play, a receiver running an inefficient route, miscommunication and a horrible throw/read.

It's not about believing.. It's about knowing.. You don't.

Whenever Peyton retires it will be at his volition and from the Colts. They will give him that. They will not just trade him or let him go. As far as him wanting to play on another team, he does not. For one thing, he knows it would not be easy to pick up on a new system, and go in as the new guy on the block, with little say as to how things are done. So, he will retire with the Colts. I hope that is four or five years from now, and he is still on top of his game when he does so.

Here is a good article about Luck being asked if he could coexist with an elite QB and he mentions it as a positive thing. He also mentions Aaron Rodger's apprenticeship under Favre and how Rodgers excelled when he came out.

Source:

http://www.fox59.com/sports/ nonsense-sp-andrew-luck-1210-20111209,0,1816352.story

lol don't worry about the emoticon, the link still works fine hahahah!!!! It's just because their is a b & s in the link together.

Here is a good article about Luck being asked if he could coexist with an elite QB and he mentions it as a positive thing. He also mentions Aaron Rodger's apprenticeship under Favre and how Rodgers excelled when he came out.

Source:

http://www.fox59.com/sports/ nonsense-sp-andrew-luck-1210-20111209,0,1816352.story

Thanks for posting that is was good to listen to him and he sounds like a fine young man. He has one thing on his mind and that's willing the bowl game. :thanks:

those are two different int. asante was right there. peyton made a mistake with the throw imo. idk if marvin had done everything properly on that route but i consider it to be more peytons fault. That int was similar to the one brady threw at the end of that game.

.... No they arent two different INT's its practically the same route but ran on the outiside instead of inside.

I'd have to go back and look at the play before I commented on it.. There is a huge difference in a defender making a great play, a receiver running an inefficient route, miscommunication and a horrible throw/read.

It's not about believing.. It's about knowing.. You don't.

You act like you know what your talking about but you dont... first you said wayne ran the wrong route now youve dumbed it down to him being too tired or lazy... please!! it was just a bad play by peyton and a good play on the ball by porter... idk whats so hard about understanding that.

Source:

I doubt that means anything, that is a good answer to the question though, then he followed up with mentioning the success of first year starters like cam. He doesnt sound like someone that would make it hard for the colts to sign him but you never know.

.... No they arent two different INT's its practically the same route but ran on the outiside instead of inside.

You act like you know what your talking about but you dont... first you said wayne ran the wrong route now youve dumbed it down to him being too tired or lazy... please!! it was just a bad play by peyton and a good play on the ball by porter... idk whats so hard about understanding that.

I never said he ran the wrong route. Someone else might have said that.

I said he didn't run the route at normal speed, full speed, or typical speed. I also said that the DB got lucky that he jumped the route, because we have a combo route off of it, where Wayne goes deep. If that would have been the route called, and Wayne ran it properly then it's 6 all day long. If you mistakenly interpreted that as me saying that he ran the wrong route, then that is on you, not me.

You, yourself said Wayne wasn't in the right position because he had to reach for it.. Wonder why. He didn't run the route properly or at the same speed as he normally does. If Manning were flushed by the DL and had to throw it early as he has at times, then that's not on Wayne, but in this particular case the majority of the blame goes on Wayne paired with the DB getting lucky that he guessed right.

Reading comprehension is your friend... I promise!

I never said he ran the wrong route. Someone else might have said that.

I said he didn't run the route at normal speed, full speed, or typical speed. I also said that the DB got lucky that he jumped the route, because we have a combo route off of it, where Wayne goes deep. If that would have been the route called, and Wayne ran it properly then it's 6 all day long. If you mistakenly interpreted that as me saying that he ran the wrong route, then that is on you, not me.

You, yourself said Wayne wasn't in the right position because he had to reach for it.. Wonder why. He didn't run the route properly or at the same speed as he normally does. If Manning were flushed by the DL and had to throw it early as he has at times, then that's not on Wayne, but in this particular case the majority of the blame goes on Wayne paired with the DB getting lucky that he guessed right.

Reading comprehension is your friend... I promise!

Your right you didnt say that, it was your friend... i didnt say wayne was out of position i said he was getting ready to sit on his route when he had to reach for the ball.... and its not comprehension, i think you mean proof reading.

How many wins do the 49ers have this year? Im for the trade but that doesnt mean i want to grab an untalented QB. It just means that i want the colts to build a great team then select the QB next year. Like how about RG3, or Barkley both of which are looking like they will return this year. Or Aaron Murray who is a great sophomore QB. Colts still grab a first round talent at QB with a much better overall team. We may miss out on the next "Peyton Manning", but I can like with that if they grab the next Rodgers, Brees, Rivers etc... When it comes to philly, its not their offense that is losing their games its the horrible Lbs, and Dbs on the team that cant stop anybody. There has only been 1 Qb that can win with no talent around him. And he is on our team, lets use that to our advantage.

No talent around Peyton? Prety sure Reggie Wayne was previously to this season the most prolific reciever in the NFL. Also pretty sure Marvin Harrison is the #2 All Time Reciever. Also I'm pretty sure Edge was a good RB. Dallas Clark is going to a Top 5 TE. and Freeny/Mathis team up for the most Sacks over the last however many seasons. Thats talent

Draft Luck ... then trade him!

For what another QB?? Seems like Mr. Polian is pretty set on drafting QB if the right one is there. I definitely wouldn't have a problem with RGiii, Barkley or another potentially solid QB if they can trade Luck for a ludicrous amount of picks + one of the aforementioned QBs.