Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buffalo (+10) @ Denver (12-7-14)

oldunclemark

Game pretty much went the way I thought it'd go. Thought Bills would hang around but not make enough plays.

Defense forced a few turnovers and gave us a chance to win, just so irked we had long interception returns TWICE called back by penalties. Provided no help to our offense there. Really love this unit.

The loss is not all terrible, Broncos could get #1 seed with a Patriots loss tonight.

We have Green Bay next week. Even though it's a home game for the Bills I think it will be tougher than the Broncos game.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hello everyone said you have to have a running game and now that they have a running game people think there is something wrong with Manning since he's not passing more. Geeze can't please everyone I guess. :sarcasm:  At least he can't get blamed for running up his stats. haha

You said it all, Susie.

The bottom line is 10-3 and a tiebreaker against everybody but New Rngland

Denver has 7 victories over teams with winning records (SF, KC, SD, Miami, Arizona and the Colts)...

That's true, but the defense they're playing as far as coverage goes has nothing to do with the quality of Manning's throws. They're just off.

All the more reason Denver needs to be able to run when teams are daring them to, because you need to be able to play to both.

The ball to sanders was underthrown,..the ball to Demariyus Thomas... He's got to come back in front of the defender and catch that. They've done play that 100 times..

They don't have healthy receivers..he throws to a spot and they've got to get there..Manning ddint take many chances today at all.

But if Tamme doesn't fumble its 21-3 at the half

They are playing good teams...I wouldnt read anymore to 175 yards today in a win than I would to 400 yards in a loss.

Dont bet that Manning suddenly cant throw

Well hello everyone said you have to have a running game and now that they have a running game people think there is something wrong with Manning since he's not passing more. Geeze can't please everyone I guess. :sarcasm:  At least he can't get blamed for running up his stats. haha

It's not the fact that he is not throwing, it is how he looks when he is throwing.

It was an honest question. I wonder if there is an injury.

There is a.m... to his recivers

..Julius Thoams is limping...DT missed pactice all week...Sanders keeps getting knocked out and Tamme played with a rib wrap..

You and I have talked about how Peyton's throw anticipate the receiver getting there and when they cant, he looks bad.

He ALWAYS throws ducks...and he was throwing quickly against Buffalos rush

They aren't developing the running game...they're facing good teams

There is a.m... to his recivers

..Julius Thoams is limping...DT missed pactice all week...Sanders keeps getting knocked out and Tamme played with a rib wrap..

You and I have talked about how Peyton's throw anticipate the receiver getting there and when they cant, he looks bad.

He ALWAYS throws ducks...and he was throwing quickly against Buffalos rush

They aren't developing the running game...they're facing good teams

He looks really off to Mark. He has since the Rams game.

True...a.m. but he is old..he always looks like that..

....He overthrew Sanders 4 times last week...today he under threw him..

...I admit we'd never hear about it if the was hurt but I though he was fine

He just missed a couple,.,had a couple dropped and Tamme fumbled what was going to be a TD.

They've got to get their receievers healthy...They have to get a bye..the offense looks a little beaten up

You didn't see the next game after Rams then.

28-35, 4 TDs is off?.

That was Oakland right? Tough first half if I remember with two picks. He has been throwing a lot of picks the last few games and now today no TDs. I just think something may be off. He does not look the same to me when he throws.

JDR and his prevent defense makes me sick .The defense won the game for Denver today

Yeah they did but that's unacceptable to let the Bills march down the field on the Bills last possession . I'm sick of Denver letting teams back into games it will come back to haunt them if it continues .

Wasn't he injured that year though with an arm or elbow?

You never know..He's like Brady....in that he never admits to being hurt.

I can not totally dismiss what you are saying...

I thought that going from 20 degrees and 20 MPH wins to 55 and sunny would bring back a 300-yard game

...... and he played like Alex Smith today

I didn't get to watch the game today (grandkids had a Christmas program at Church),    so I can't really make an objective opinion.

However, reading through the thread, I get an idea of how the game went.   I have to agree with Susie an FX.   People have been saying all along that Denver needs to get a running game going, and Peyton needs to be "less"   stat happy  (other's words, not mine) and now that Denver has that running game going,  it's pick pick pick at Peyton again.   I'm convinced some on here will just nit pick no matter what the outcome.

Good win today, Denver.

Yeah they did but that's unacceptable to let the Bills march down the field on the Bills last possession . I'm sick of Denver letting teams back into games it will come back to haunt them if it continues .

Its okay. Its okay....remember....won by 7...10-3....

If they keep winning by seven over winning teams I promise it wont haunt them..

Wasn't he injured that year though with an arm or elbow?

Folks said that but, again, he never admitted to it...Of course.he had the neck surgery the next year, right?

But he was what...33 then and now he's 38? Eventually he will decline...and we'd probabaly see it late in the season.

I hought the comeback win over Miami was strong...but again, he wont be announcing that he's hurt

14-20, zero TDs (streak over) and two picks. Something is up with Manning. It is good that they found a run game.

The Rams game turned the fortunes of Peyton dependent fantasy production for his wide outs and C.J.Anderson.

Peyton and Gase finally realized they can win without their pass happy ways.

The Rams game turned the fortunes of Peyton dependent fantasy production for his wide outs and C.J.Anderson.

Peyton and Gase finally realized they can win without their pass happy ways.

I think they completely over corrected.  The offense has no explosiveness at all.   They are running so much that the receivers show no energy or excitement.  They looked almost pathetic on the bubble screens.

The Broncos are trying to win with ground-and-pound and solid defense... hard to argue with the results so far. The D is rounding into form at the perfect time. 

The issue, though, is whether or not they can be explosive offensively if they're running the ball the way they are. In their football DNA, they're a passing team. It seems like Manning and the offense can get it rolling when they throw, throw, throw...but  it's difficult to get into a rhythm if you're not passing the ball a lot and then suddenly face a 3rd-and-12 and need to make a big play through the air. What I'm saying is that when they run the ball like this, their passing game seems like it suffers, probably because everything they do is so heavily predicated on timing. It's almost like they need to throw the ball a ton to be consistently effective with it, if that makes any sense. 

I'm also not trying to deliberately bash the guy here, but the lack of velocity on a lot of Peyton's throws is becoming an issue. He's going to get one of his receivers killed if he's not careful. 

The Broncos are trying to win with ground-and-pound and solid defense... hard to argue with the results so far. The D is rounding into form at the perfect time. 

The issue, though, is whether or not they can be explosive offensively if they're running the ball the way they are. In their football DNA, they're a passing team. It seems like Manning and the offense can get it rolling when they throw, throw, throw...but  it's difficult to get into a rhythm if you're not passing the ball a lot and then suddenly face a 3rd-and-12 and need to make a big play through the air. What I'm saying is that when they run the ball like this, their passing game seems like it suffers, probably because everything they do is so heavily predicated on timing. It's almost like they need to throw the ball a ton to be consistently effective with it, if that makes any sense. 

I'm also not trying to deliberately bash the guy here, but the lack of velocity on a lot of Peyton's throws is becoming an issue. He's going to get one of his receivers killed if he's not careful. 

Every word is accurate in this post.

Peyton is going through a slump I thinks that's what's going on . A colts fan mentioned on the Bronco board that Mannjng went through a similar slump back in 2010 I believe . I think he has to get use to playing with this new balance offense since he is a timing rhythm quarterback . As long as he doesn't play bad in the postseason I'll be satisfied .

Peyton is going through a slump I thinks that's whatn 's going on. A colts fan mentioned on the Bronco board that Mannjng went through a similar slump back in 2010 I believe . I think he has to get use to playing with this new balance offense since he is a timing rhythm quarterback . As long as he doesn't play bad in the postseason I'll be satisfied .

Could be.  It happens to everyone at some point.

Yesterday after the game I heard him say  "I don't need to set or break another record, what is important is the Win.  We needed this win today."

or something to that effect.    The team is still winning, that is what matters.  And I believe when Peyton feels he can no longer help his team, he will step away.  He'll know when it's time.