Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (+3) @ Green Bay (11-30-14)

oldunclemark

So crazypants, now I'm not following you because you're contradicting yourself. 

Are we talking 2015? Or beyond that? Brady "will not be in a Pats uniform in 2015" followed by, "He's gone after 2015."

Brady's salary is a huge bargain in the coming years, yes. But that was the result of a heavily front-loaded contract and bonuses. He's never been "about the money" and he's married to one of the wealthiest women in the world. 

I'm not saying he'll play out his career here. There are no guarantees at all. But there are examples of it both ways. Guys like Bledsoe, Milloy, Law, McGinest, Seymour, most recently Mankins... they left in free agency or were traded elsewhere. Guys like Bruschi, Troy Brown, Matt Light, Kevin Faulk... they played for the Patriots and no one else. 

Considering he's probably the current runner-up for MVP of the league, I don't think Brady's level-of-play is going to fall off that drastically that Belichick shows him the door. 

Typo.  I meant Brady is gone after this season.  He's gone IN 2015.  I don't see him playing for the Pats in 2015.  Nope.  He's not going to be Mr Company Guy and play for that contract when Romo and Cutler are making FAR more $$$.

"He's never been about the money..........he married one of the wealthiest women in the world."

Yeah and if he gets a divorce?

Considering he's probably the current runner-up for MVP of the league, I don't think Brady's level-of-play is going to fall off that drastically that Belichick shows him the door. 

I don't think Brady will even finish in the top 4 in voting.  Let's see the tallies at the end of it.  Troy Brown said players around the league often won't vote for Pats players to make the pro-bowl and other awards.

#1 Rodgers
#2 JJ Watt
#3 Peyton
#4 Luck
#5 Brady

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Pats fan.  But nothing I detest more in sports than homer fans who stay in denial.  And being critical of one's team is a good thing and it's being a realist.

The best thing I saw in a long time was when Brady was pulled during the Chiefs game and he was standing alone on the sidelines and Jimmy was put in and drove right down the field and scored a TD and all the players were high fiving him.  One, I knew Jimmy is the future and will do a great job real soon.  And two, it's a big middle finger to all the Dennis & Callahan's out there who I detest who sniff Brady's jock strap. 

Who the heck still listens to Dennis and Callahan? 

Sorry, I am going to call bunk on this. Your over the top criticism of the team means you are a faux fan.

I became a very skeptical bitter Pats fan ever since their two Super Bowl losses.  Especially after the 2007 loss that really got to me.  And all the post season losses since 2005.  It's like the Pats tease you, they go 12-4 or 13-3 and lose in the post season.  I've gotten my hopes dashed 8 times by the Pats (2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013).

I won't be a believer till they actually win a Super Bowl again.

Why sets your hopes so high and have them crushed?  It's not worth it.  So I take a step back and be more skeptical and cautious.

I am a Pats fan.  

I call shenanigans. Being critical of your own team is one thing. You've kind of taken it to a new level if that's what you're truly doing. You should also stop listening to the chumps on EEI and switch over to 98.5. I literally don't know anyone who still listens to D&C in the morning, so your story seems flimsy from here. 

Typo.  I meant Brady is gone after this season.  He's gone IN 2015.  I don't see him playing for the Pats in 2015.  Nope.  He's not going to be Mr Company Guy and play for that contract when Romo and Cutler are making FAR more $$$.

Well I guess we will see. 

Answer one question honestly - have you always been a Patriots fan? Or did you become one when they drafted Jimmy G? 

I became a very skeptical bitter Pats fan ever since their two Super Bowl losses.  Especially after the 2007 loss that really got to me.  And all the post season losses since 2005.  It's like the Pats tease you, they go 12-4 or 13-3 and lose in the post season.  I've gotten my hopes dashed 8 times by the Pats (2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013).

Why sets your hopes so high and have them crushed?  It's not worth it.  So I take a step back and be more skeptical and cautious.

So your basis for feeling good about the team is if they win the Super Bowl? 

If you really believe your last sentence then I suggest you stop watching pro sports altogether.

You're probably right about that. But can't you ask that question of virtually every successful coach/QB combo in the history of the sport? 

What would Bart Starr have been without Lombardi?

Montana without Walsh?

Unitas without Ewbank? 

Staubach without Landry? 

Dealing in hypotheticals for the purpose of building up one guy or tearing down another is a pointless and misguided strategy. This is the same to me as the, "If Manning played for Belichick he would have won a bazillion rings" garbage that people come up with sometimes. 

Of course. Brady and Belichick together is the winning formula. 

Consider yourself extremely lucky not to be a Colts fans. Imagine that heartbreak?

I call shenanigans. Being critical of your own team is one thing. You've kind of taken it to a new level if that's what you're truly doing. You should also stop listening to the chumps on EEI and switch over to 98.5. I literally don't know anyone who still listens to D&C in the morning, so your story seems flimsy from here. 

Well I guess we will see. 

Answer one question honestly - have you always been a Patriots fan? Or did you become one when they drafted Jimmy G? 

I haven't listened to D&C in about two years.

I listen to Felger and Mazz but they too can sometimes be too much especially Felger.  They can be a couple of unprofessional clowns.

They just brought Callahan back onto Comcast Sports Tonight which just downed it for me.

I do prefer Sean McAdam, Lou Merloni, Jackie MacMullan, Tom E Curran and Ron Borges to the other clowns.

I been a Pats fan since 1993 (the Bledsoe/Parcells days).

I listen to Felger and Mazz but they too can sometimes be too much especially Felger.  They can be a couple of unprofessional clowns.

They just brought Callahan back onto Comcast Sports Tonight which just downed it for me.

I do prefer Tom E Curran and Ron Borges to the other clowns.

You're a pup in the woods as far as Patriots fans go. Like many your age you've been spoiled by the Boston sports scene over your lifetime and have zero idea how the other half lives. By the way Dennis and Miniman are not homers but Callihan is for sure. Proof that you kid are a liar.

I do prefer Sean McAdam, Lou Merloni, Jackie MacMullan, Tom E Curran and Ron Borges to the other clowns.

Felger & Mazz can be over the top, but they aren't shy about blasting the Patriots if it's deserved. I'm surprised you like Tom E. Curran... he's too homer-ish for me. 

I'm a lifelong New Englander in my early 40s, so I lived through a lot of bad, bad seasons prior to the Parcells/Bledsoe days. We've had some disappointments but, on the whole, I wouldn't trade the last 14 or 15 years of NFL relevance for anything. They give us a good ride almost every year and I'm not going to complain about being a part of five Super Bowls during that time period (plus the Bledsoe/Parcells one). 

Felger & Mazz can be over the top, but they aren't shy about blasting the Patriots if it's deserved. I'm surprised you like Tom E. Curran... he's too homer-ish for me. 

I'm a lifelong New Englander in my early 40s, so I lived through a lot of bad, bad seasons prior to the Parcells/Bledsoe days. We've had some disappointments but, on the whole, I wouldn't trade the last 14 or 15 years of NFL relevance for anything. They give us a good ride almost every year and I'm not going to complain about being a part of five Super Bowls during that time period (plus the Bledsoe/Parcells one). 

No other NFL team has ever had the prolonged success that the NE Patriots are enjoying. You have to love the guys that say they would rather suck than be in a SB half the time. Fandumbmonium.   

F & M suck and Curran is a goof.  Love me some Kay Adams long, long time though.

You're a pup in the woods as far as Patriots fans go. Like many your age you've been spoiled by the Boston sports scene over your lifetime and have zero idea how the other half lives. By the way Dennis and Miniman are not homers but Callihan is for sure. Proof that you kid are a liar.

Liar about what?  I never mentioned Minihane.

Dennis is a big Brady homer, and that was what I was referring to.

And it's great that D&C are no longer aired on NESN in the morning.  Good!

I just like the fact Tom Curran doesn't trash the fans who call or Tweet into his show.  D&C were very disrespectful to their callers, and sometimes Felger and Mazz are too.  Many people are waiting for over an hour to get on the air.  Felger will just hang up on them if they're on a cellphone and Mazz makes fun of them.  Not hard to guess why Felger missed a couple days and showed up on tv with a black and blue eye.  Not to condone violence but that shiner spoke volumes.

Liar about what?  I never mentioned Minihane.

Dennis is a big Brady homer, and that was what I was referring to.

And it's great that D&C are no longer aired on NESN in the morning.  Good!

Dennis isn't a Brady homer. He was one of the Garoppollo *s and had the Patriots being exposed on the big 6 game stretch. Looks like Brady's still good and the Patriots are going to be 5-1 before coming home from SD. You clearly don't know what you are talking about

Dennis isn't a Brady homer. He was one of the Garoppollo *s and had the Patriots being exposed on the big 6 game stretch. Looks like Brady's still good and the Patriots are going to be 5-1 before coming home from SD. You clearly don't know what you are talking about

What are you talking about?  And tell us who's going to win all the other games this season.  Your arrogance gets the best of you and why you give Pats fans a bad name and why so many people dislike your arrogance.  You show no respect for other teams.

Go get out your 19-0 jersey you bought before the 2007 super bowl.  lol  :-)

I haven't watched D&C in 2 years so I wouldn't know what Dennis thought of Brady vs Jimmy.  But you do so you been listening and watching D&C hypocrite.  Good to know you keep up to date on Dennis' views.  lol  :-)  BUSTED!

And I'm not an expert like you on every Boston sports radio and tv personality.  Most of them know as much about sports as you do.....NIL.

What are you talking about?  And tell us who's going to win all the other games this season.  Your arrogance gets the best of you and why you give Pats fans a bad name and why so many people dislike your arrogance.  You show no respect for other teams.

Most feel the Pats should win Sunday which would make then 5-1 after this tough six game stretch where many had them going 3-3. That is not arrogance but reality. They blew the doors off of everyone except for GB.

How does it show again?.

Because he hates to lose almost to a fault. Typically people who are great have quite a personality.. in Tom's case he's s vicious competitor, even if he's playing a game of pool or something, winning is very important to him and he doesn't take it that we'll when he loses

Then you have the opposite of that with guys like Jay Cutler who just sit around on the bench while getting crushed 30+ to nothing and have an attitude like they just don't care because they'll just go home to their mansion after the game and their 120 million dollar bank account

I'd prefer the fiery competitor that will blow up on occassion in a passionate rage because he wants to win so badly.. 100 out of 100 times and twice on Sundays

You should stick to speaking for yourself. 

"He's never been about the money..........he married one of the wealthiest women in the world."

Yeah and if he gets a divorce?

I don't think Brady will even finish in the top 4 in voting.  Let's see the tallies at the end of it.  Troy Brown said players around the league often won't vote for Pats players to make the pro-bowl and other awards.

#1 Rodgers
#2 JJ Watt
#3 Peyton
#4 Luck
#5 Brady

Brady should be higher than Luck and Peyton at this point.

I haven't watched D&C in 2 years so I wouldn't know what Dennis thought of Brady vs Jimmy.  But you do so you been listening and watching D&C hypocrite.  Good to know you keep up to date on Dennis' views.  lol  :-)  BUSTED!

And I'm not an expert like you on every Boston sports radio and tv personality.  Most of them know as much about sports as you do.....NIL.

Busted? For what? I listen to the show for a half hour every morning.

Try watching games for the sake of the game instead of SB or bust.

Even a losing game is entertaining. It's the sloppy undisciplined games that aren't and you're lucky not to see that with BB.

Some of those playoff games they had no business being in.

05 was all coaching and Brady. The rest uh uh.

06 was a 50-50 just to beat SD on the road. Then to come back to the Sauna stadium was low chances. When we got some turnovers I thought well if they want to give it to us we'll take it. But even with an 18pt lead at half I still didn't think we'd win. If we got that other TD for a 25 pt lead we're winning. Kinda played out that way huh.

07 yeah- Dline beat the oline

Not sure of the year the Ravens jumped out to a quick lead- a run for a TD and 2 ints early sealed that one, It happens.

Now go be a fan of a team that hasn't won in a long time and see if you enjoy that :-) I hear the Jets need some fans :)

Radio sports talk is pure entertainment. It's not the gospel. Take it as that.

Or tune into Sportsworld on 33 FM. They talk your gospel :)